Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the liveliest?
Memphis 5 4.13%
New Orleans 15 12.40%
Atlanta 57 47.11%
Philadelphia 13 10.74%
DC 31 25.62%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:17 PM

149 posts, read 161,760 times

Advertisements

Can't seem to find any vids but we actually have Brazilians & Black Brazilians in are Carnival but I love this kind of stuff.Looks like a good time though.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:18 PM

Might need to look into yours though I'll make the trip for that...cheers.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:20 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,736,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly born Jersey raised View Post
Might need to look into yours though I'll make the trip for that...cheers.
We just had our 2011 carnival this past weekend. It was packed everywhere all over the city all day and night long. You will have to wait till next year.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Can't seem to find any vids but we actually have Brazilians & Black Brazilians in are Carnival but I love this kind of stuff.Looks like a good time though.
DC has everybody from Africa to the Caribean to South America. We have a huge festival with food and vendors. The streets are all shut down all day. Here is the site with info.

DC Caribbean Carnival | Just another WordPress site (http://www.dccaribbeancarnival.org/carnival/ - broken link)

Old 06-29-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
I'll slow walk & start with one "CARNIVAL" happens every year here.If you know Philly you should already know what this is do they have this in D.C.?
So now that you see we have one of the biggest Carnivals in the nation, what else were you referring to that Philly has that DC doesn't?

Old 06-29-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
I don't know if I would say biggest from those vids but I'll check it. & here's a pic for starts of the sky lounge.

I said one of the biggest. It is probably third in the US behind NYC and Miami. And really, a picture of a rooftop and outside for that matter. Well if the rooftop is what you enjoy, more power to you lolll. What exactly are you doing on that roof top by the way? Talking....lol Also, what is the name of this lounge so I can see if it's a black lounge?

Old 06-29-2011, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
I said one of the biggest. It is probably third in the US behind NYC and Miami. And really, a picture of a rooftop and outside for that matter. Well if the rooftop is what you enjoy, more power to you lolll. What exactly are you doing on that roof top by the way? Talking....lol Also, what is the name of this lounge so I can see if it's a black lounge?
Yes the power is to me on this pic alone & My point is lol you made me laugh that we can look @ a skyline & enjoy the scenery WHILE WE DRINK HAVE CONVO & CHILL kinda like what you do @ your lounges but we have scenery & skyline with it.You got that?Throw some skyline pics up let me see so we can compare & from a club by the way.Yes blacks do frequent this club heavily but as far as strictly black eeh mostly but WE DON'T DEAL WITH SEGREGATION UP HERE everyone comes to chill with us. But google black night life in Philly & you'll see it there if this is going to turn into strictly black clubs you are the majority on that of course "chocolate city".But THE STRONG POINT I'M SELLING IS we are a strong presence with a lot of essence & culture scenery & vibe.For all to enjoy.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:52 PM

Just comparing lounges that's all since you guys claim lounges.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:55 PM

Vango

Old 06-30-2011, 12:08 AM

191 posts, read 214,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
You are probably talking about the 7th an 8th ward which is full of blue collar uneducated residents in DC. Yes, they are struggling because DC is a white collar city. If they lived in Philly, they would probably have jobs since that is more their skill set. Many of them also have records which is not helping. This city doesn't have much room for blue collar jobs. We are pretty much class A everywhere you look.
dude for first off shut the hell up, you sound ignorant
2. What makes you think blue collar means uneducated. Who are you to say that.
3. Philly is class A to big woop.
How about you learn about the collars before you talk trash.

Last time I checked my good friend works in a plant probably making more than you. He also went to temple and got a degree in engineering. He makes well over 80k. So saying blue collar workers are uneducated is dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City