U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: What is the best city in the USA?
San Francisco(San Mateo, Marin counties) 41 40.59%
New York City(Suffolk, Nassau counties) 60 59.41%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Old 11-21-2010, 03:24 PM
 
Location: California
142 posts, read 206,064 times
Reputation: 61

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
You are acting childish and no I am by no means a tea Party member

I will assume you are young college/high school student that knows everything and is smarter than the rest. And Yes please do to my face. I will be in SF the first week of December...
Nice, we should make a date. I'd love to continue this conversation in person.
Just tell me where you want me too pick you up at and what time.

 
Old 11-21-2010, 03:29 PM
 
Location: California
142 posts, read 206,064 times
Reputation: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
This post deserves a big fat WTF (Along with every single other post you have):

Texas's business climate is not AT ALL linked to its politics, only some kind of delusional chap would ever come to that conclusion. Texas's business climate is vastly attributed to it's state constitution, in which certain taxes are prohibited under the state law.

The state law has been trying to alter those same regulations in the state constitution that makes it so business friendly, but that is a failed attempt because they don't have enough support to alter the state constitution.

And for the record the state constitution of Texas has existed since the place became the 28th state to join the United States of America. It has had the same business climate on the day it was founded to today.
However that doesn't mean other taxes like property tax for example don't rise because they most surely do. But your retarded statements on which the state depends solely on Oil & Gas is such a laugh, ever heard of port shipping and cargo maintenance, tonnage, transportation, telecommunications, expanding in medical industry, and emergence in tech sector, among other things.

To put it simple, lay off the drugs man. Seriously stick to what you know and keep it that way before making these weak arguments.
I would advise you to lay off the drugs.
Texas is the energy capitol of the World. and most energy comes from fossil fuels. Just look at the fortune 500 list and see how many of these texas companies are in the energy game and in the miltary industrial complex game, Texas is very active in Iraq and Afgahistan, it is you who is retarted.
It is Texas failed state consistution that places emphisis on corperations and big buisness while keeping the average citizen down that is the problem. More people get killed by capitol punishment in Texas then in China for gods sake. Texas is all about greed and power and the Bush Adminstration was a good reflection on Texas politcs on the National level. Thank goodness we had Nancy Pelosi in there to keep them A$$holes in check!
 
Old 11-21-2010, 03:30 PM
 
Location: The City
19,342 posts, read 16,672,369 times
Reputation: 5780
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonzy View Post
Nice, we should make a date. I'd love to continue this conversation in person.
Just tell me where you want me too pick you up at and what time.

Perfect - I will be at the Hotel Monaco starting the 6th to the 8th I think it is at Geary and Taylor in Nob Hill
 
Old 11-21-2010, 03:38 PM
 
Location: California
142 posts, read 206,064 times
Reputation: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
I know exactely where they all are and also understand how they interact. I lived in both SF and NYC - i am assuming you have not but you sure do have some fancy divisions out of text books - the real world will be a shock to you one day...
I am a Bay Arean born and raised. Your probably a transplant from Ohio who moved to SF and then NYC due to your work or employment. But just caused you lived in either place dosnt mean you are aware of the clearly defined cultural, economic and political boundires from region to region in our metro areas.
Your just another out of stater who moved to SF. In our local politics, Me and my friends, if we saw you would probably call you a yuppie or a hipster based on your attitudes reflected here on this website. Im leaning toward more of a Yuppie coming out of you with alittle bit of hipsterness.
Anyways alot of these boundires are more on the streets then on a text book.
And some of my best examples of these sub divisions come from rap and hip hop songs from local people that were born and raised out here and that are fully aware of the politics and cultural boundires of the Bay Area. Of course if I posted some hip hop on this web site, most of you would dismiss it because lets face it, most of you are educated white yuppies in their 30's with the exceptions of a few people.
Anyways I can show you the streets and I can show the the text books that all support my 4 sub region breakdown. The choice is yours
 
Old 11-21-2010, 03:42 PM
 
Location: California
142 posts, read 206,064 times
Reputation: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Perfect - I will be at the Hotel Monaco starting the 6th to the 8th I think it is at Geary and Taylor in Nob Hill
Dang Yuppie. LOL.
We can meet, but dont be scarred of me when you see me. I will keep it as civil as you want. We can have a great conversation and both leave feeling alittle enlightend or we can whoop each others ass. Chioce is yours. Anyways I dont get alot of chances to goto Nob Hill so I will definetley take you up on your offer. Just keep me informed as to when and where.
 
Old 11-21-2010, 03:43 PM
 
Location: California
142 posts, read 206,064 times
Reputation: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
This post deserves a big fat WTF (Along with every single other post you have):

Texas's business climate is not AT ALL linked to its politics, only some kind of delusional chap would ever come to that conclusion. Texas's business climate is vastly attributed to it's state constitution, in which certain taxes are prohibited under the state law.

The state law has been trying to alter those same regulations in the state constitution that makes it so business friendly, but that is a failed attempt because they don't have enough support to alter the state constitution.

And for the record the state constitution of Texas has existed since the place became the 28th state to join the United States of America. It has had the same business climate on the day it was founded to today.
However that doesn't mean other taxes like property tax for example don't rise because they most surely do. But your retarded statements on which the state depends solely on Oil & Gas is such a laugh, ever heard of port shipping and cargo maintenance, tonnage, transportation, telecommunications, expanding in medical industry, and emergence in tech sector, among other things.

To put it simple, lay off the drugs man. Seriously stick to what you know and keep it that way before making these weak arguments.

Your from Texas huh????? Yes or NO????
 
Old 11-21-2010, 03:46 PM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 3,488,570 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
If high unemployment and out of control taxes are the future we are all in trouble

BTW healthcare and education are better in the NE Corrider, and Texas/NC are better examples of economic growth whie the NE has a better example today of sustained and stable economy
Your point is exactly what the conflict is in California. We do not think that what is good for business necessarily translates into why is good for Americans. California is willing to see companies move to Texas where air quality standards are practically non-existent. We see companies who knowingly pollute the air and kill people as criminals and gladly escort them out of the state. If the rest of America is willing to drink the koolaid of corrupt capitalism you can be sure that California will not join the ignorant horde and why California voted overwhelmingly Democratic when the rest of the nation jumped on the bandwagon of repulsive Republicanism.
 
Old 11-21-2010, 03:53 PM
 
2,234 posts, read 2,339,445 times
Reputation: 1129
Why do yous continue to entertain this nonsense?
 
Old 11-21-2010, 03:55 PM
 
Location: The City
19,342 posts, read 16,672,369 times
Reputation: 5780
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonzy View Post
Dang Yuppie. LOL.
We can meet, but dont be scarred of me when you see me. I will keep it as civil as you want. We can have a great conversation and both leave feeling alittle enlightend or we can whoop each others ass. Chioce is yours. Anyways I dont get alot of chances to goto Nob Hill so I will definetley take you up on your offer. Just keep me informed as to when and where.

Ah I am never afraid. And no not from Ohio unless the border of Ohio somehow includes Philadelphia.

Yuppie? Hmmm you can decide for yourself, is a shame you dont get a chance to be in Nob Hill, great area of SF, maybe I can enlighten you

I will PM you and will gladly meet you, Hell this Yuppie/Hipster will even buy the drink
 
Old 11-21-2010, 03:58 PM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 3,488,570 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Why do yous continue to entertain this nonsense?
Sorry but after your earlier comments that were swiftly deleted, you do not have any credibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top