Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: North Carolina Versus Pennsylvania: Where Would You Rather Live; Which State Is More Important In Yo
PENNSYLVANIA! 98 52.41%
NORTH CAROLINA! 71 37.97%
TOO CLOSE TO CALL! 10 5.35%
NO OPINION! 8 4.28%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 04:43 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
NC definitely doesn't offer anything comparable to Philly. Where NC picks up the slack and makes it more comparable is that it has 2 of the fastest growing metros in the nation with Charlotte and Raleigh. In addition to that, NC also can match PA when it comes to varied and majestic landscapes.

I also see PA and NC similar in the local politics. Philly and Charlotte seem to fight with the state to get help (although since the new gov. in NC in 2008 I have seen some chyanges in this). I've heard PA is split between Philly, and the rest of the state. NC is mostly Eastern NC (which houses the political powerful seats), the Piedmont Crescent, and Western NC (the red-headed step-child.

The red-headed step-child? Uhh... you ever been here? Everyone wants to live here (I live in Asheville btw, and believe me, I meet people visiting here daily wanting to move here), so I'm not so sure we are the red-headed step-child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 04:44 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
North Carolina. If I had to choose a state to live in besides Georgia, it would probably be that one.

I'm not sure Asheville has been mentioned yet, but that's a really awesome small city. Georgia has Savannah, South Carolina has Charleston, and North Carolina has Asheville. All are great cities.
I live here.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:13 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,586,662 times
I'd prefer to live in NC, but PA is the more important state. I mean our whole country was born there wasn't it?

Old 11-22-2010, 07:46 PM

93 posts, read 196,872 times
Default NC for me

I'm a mountain lover and while PA is beautiful, I need a little more than around 3,200 feet. Mt. Mitchell approaches 7,000 feet, with many more peaks above 5,000 and 6,000 feet. Plus NC has great beaches. To me, that's more important than what urban area is what!

Old 11-22-2010, 09:41 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,304,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
The red-headed step-child? Uhh... you ever been here? Everyone wants to live here (I live in Asheville btw, and believe me, I meet people visiting here daily wanting to move here), so I'm not so sure we are the red-headed step-child.
You're taking what I'm saying out of context. And, yes I have been there, which is why I said what I said and this is a known fact in NC. Do your history and see where most of the wealth and the power in NC comes from. It comes from the East, due to tobacco and other cash crops. I know their are the Biltmores and other families, but most of the resources in NC goes to Eastern NC first. Example, name the medical and law school in Western NC? Now name them in Eastern NC. That's what I'm getting at. relax and stop being so defensive, I'm on your side dude.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:42 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,304,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
I'd prefer to live in NC, but PA is the more important state. I mean our whole country was born there wasn't it?
Nah, our country was also born in the South. Not too far from NC, in fact, technically it was NC.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:02 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,299 times
NC is getting too crowded with Ny'ers. It's becoming NY south. That said, I'm from NY lol. I'll be moving to PA within 2 years. The weather and atmosphere is just more to my liking than NC. I guess it's a personal thing.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:32 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
NC is getting too crowded with Ny'ers. It's becoming NY south. That said, I'm from NY lol. I'll be moving to PA within 2 years. The weather and atmosphere is just more to my liking than NC. I guess it's a personal thing.
I have friends in North Carolina who are concerned with it's rapid growth which can sometimes cause instability, especially in urban areas and cities.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Sports in Pennsylvania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Sports in North Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WOW!!!!! The vote has been neck and neck...keep voting folks!

Last edited by Yac; 02-16-2011 at 06:15 AM..

Old 11-23-2010, 06:14 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,373,781 times
I like NC a lot as a place to live. PA is more important.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:30 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,865,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
Nah, our country was also born in the South. Not too far from NC, in fact, technically it was NC.
I think that person is specifically referring to the signing of the Declaration of Independence, which officially gave birth to the USA.

But where exactly are you referring to in your statement???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City