U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 06:08 PM

171 posts, read 288,871 times

Advertisements

Damn, nobody mentioning Cleveland Ohio? It's not as prevalent as it once was, but they are still in the Cleveland and Youngstown area, just low key. A GREAT movie to watch is Kill TheIrishman. It's about the Irish gangster Danny Greene trying to over run the Italian Mob in Cleveland. It's a true story. There were 36 car bombings in Cleveland in 1976 alone. And it was all Mafia related. Go to ClevelandMob.com and check it out. Cleveland has a surprisingly huge mob history. And the Cleveland Mob has a lot more to do with the development of Vegas than one would ever imagine. Since the early 1920's the Italians, Russians, and Irish have fought for a stronghold on import routes on Lake Erie.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 06:11 PM

8,639 posts, read 8,775,115 times
The Irish mob was a huge influence over South Boston ( Whitie Bulger) it even infultrated the state level, his Brother was Speaker of the house. The Irish mob is a shadow of it's former self today.
But Providence has the mob presence that most cities had is the 50s-80s before the decline of orginized crime

Old 03-31-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
The Irish mob was a huge influence over South Boston ( Whitie Bulger) it even infultrated the state level, his Brother was Speaker of the house. The Irish mob is a shadow of it's former self today.
Good post. Funny nobody had posted on this thread in a while and we both posted within minutes. And yes, the Irish are ruthless! Read my post above. Go rent the movie Kill The Irishman. Also, NY, Chi, Mia get instant pub in regard to the mob.... Rightfully so. But cities like Boston and Cleveland are VERY underrated when it comes to overall mob activity/history. Hell, wasn't that long ago they snagged a MAJOR mob guy from Bean Town out in LA. Crazy.....

Old 03-31-2012, 06:27 PM

Cleveland Mafia

Old 03-31-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRollin View Post
Good post. Funny nobody had posted on this thread in a while and we both posted within minutes. And yes, the Irish are ruthless! Read my post above. Go rent the movie Kill The Irishman. Also, NY, Chi, Mia get instant pub in regard to the mob.... Rightfully so. But cities like Boston and Cleveland are VERY underrated when it comes to overall mob activity/history. Hell, wasn't that long ago they snagged a MAJOR mob guy from Bean Town out in LA. Crazy.....
I accually saw a documentry about the Cleveland mob a few weeks ago, about the late 70s and the rash of Bombings and attempted killing of "the man" of the Italian Mafia ( the name of whom I can't recall) who personally killed one of the assilents.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Lazy, greaseball scumbags. That is all they are.

In Boston, they are a running joke, they are very few and far between, and they are nowhere near as strong as they once were.
however the State government proves again and again, e don't Need a mob to be corrupt, lol

Old 03-31-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
I accually saw a documentry about the Cleveland mob a few weeks ago, about the late 70s and the rash of Bombings and attempted killing of "the man" of the Italian Mafia ( the name of whom I can't recall) who personally killed one of the assilents.
Sounds like you might be talking about the attempt on Danny Green or one of the many attempts. Green (Irish)and his Irishmen (from Collinwood/West Cleveland) were at all out war with the Italians located in Little Italy in East Cleveland.To Kill The Irishman is a killer movie. I think folks should look further into the Cleveland Mob and they would be shocked at how powerful they were/are. Go to the link I posted Cleveland Mafia, you could spend hours on there reading. It's not a cheap website either, well put together. I'm fascinated with mob movies/history, etc. my fathers family is from east Cleveland so I'm familiar with the history of the city and it's history. Still plenty of strip joints and nightspots owned by and known as mob hangouts. The executive den on east 222nd being one of the more notable spots. Good stuff my man!

Old 04-30-2012, 12:09 AM

5 posts, read 8,983 times
its still seems to be alive and well in the chicago area, especially in Elmwood park and in chicago along harlem ave and in bridgport

Old 04-30-2012, 03:49 PM

1,494 posts, read 1,402,221 times
I ain't seen nor heard nuthin'!

Old 10-17-2012, 02:11 PM

363 posts, read 572,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSL-NE View Post
Omaha has some very suspicious mafia-like affairs, especially in the northwestern quadrant. Eastern Nebraska just gives that vibe, what with all the Italians in that part of the state. The obscene amounts of rain also add conspicuousness- LOL
Omaha actually does have a decent Italian community, but I think they are pretty legit. I'm sure there were dealings back in the day with guys from KC and Chicago,but not much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or