U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-24-2010, 02:56 AM

1,771 posts, read 1,925,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
idk. They probly are though. What about Baltimore? do the females dance like that? what about the guys to? do they actually dance or just do a little two step.
the universal dances: girls shakin them asses, dudes two-step, occasional grindin. then u have the Baltimore club music (which i hate wit a passion)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CW6BdwYc58

i tried to dance to this sh*t ... i only lasted about 30sec, thats cardio
its popular in philly, jersey, miami....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 03:47 AM

133 posts, read 230,715 times
-best music? variety of music? (music from each region)

*I'm not a fan of mainstream rap music but I guess you can say every city pretty much have the best hip-hop music scene. Some city nightclubs probably play their local music like in D.C, there local music is go-go and in Baltimore, there local music is "club music".

-best drinks:

*Haha, I guess it depends on what hip-hop nightclub in the city that have the best bartender.

-best food:

*Of course it's the south, everyone love that southern food.

-crowd/people:

*You going to have a cool crowd and a tough crowd in every city because everyone is different.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:41 PM

3,560 posts, read 4,544,610 times
Quote:
lol when I was in the south a lot of people thought the north in general (northeast and midwest) thought the females didn't dance like the girls in the south. a lot of my Floridian friends thought me and my Detroit/Chicago friends would all dance like the dudes or something lol. What I've learned is no matter where you are women of African descent all dance with their butt and hips
Chicago & Detroit Seem different than the east coast. When it comes to parying I think we have more in common with the south. (See juke music)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
i always wondered that myself.. places like NYC, Boston dont really seem like ass shaking cities to me
LOL. I dunno I always thought of the Northeast as like....louging shaking your head type stuff. Not any "GET DOWN LOW TO THE FLOOR" type of music.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:20 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 2,385,473 times
Quote:
the universal dances: girls shakin them asses, dudes two-step, occasional grindin. then u have the Baltimore club music (which i hate wit a passion)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CW6BdwYc58

i tried to dance to this sh*t ... i only lasted about 30sec, thats cardio
its popular in philly, jersey, miami....
Lol why don't you like it?

Old 11-24-2010, 02:22 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 2,385,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Chicago & Detroit Seem different than the east coast. When it comes to parying I think we have more in common with the south. (See juke music)

LOL. I dunno I always thought of the Northeast as like....louging shaking your head type stuff. Not any "GET DOWN LOW TO THE FLOOR" type of music.
I think we might too. Have you been to any clubs on the eastcoast? if so what are they like?

Old 11-24-2010, 02:23 PM

442 posts, read 419,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
Whenever I envision Northeastern Hip Hop Clubs, I get the idea of some huge factory resemblant facility filled to the max with a bunch of people nodding to the beat to some East Coast Rapper's song, with not much provocative dancing by the females as you see here in the south (aka "twerking").
I readily admit this is all based on TV and movies....so I know I cant take that as a SOLID example of how things really are, but thats all I have to go off of.
White girls too. All around.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:46 PM

3,560 posts, read 4,544,610 times
Quote:
I think we might too. Have you been to any clubs on the eastcoast? if so what are they like?
Like I said Thats usually what comes to mind. I never been to no clubs in the North East but I admit Its only what I seen on TV and word of mouth. Seems more chill, dancing but no arse-shaking lol

they say it has a totally different vibe more lounge like with a little dance floor. Maybe it is different and they went to the wrong club. I been clubbin in the midwest and the south its pretty damn similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8t View Post
White girls too. All around.
I cant believe they showed this on cartoon network! lmao!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:06 PM

4,688 posts, read 3,496,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
OK, I know people are going to flood in and say "ATL" and I love ATL as it is the largest and most popular city in my state, but I have to point something out.

The clubs I've been to up there are Prime Time, Velvet Room, Motions, Nocturnal (I think it has a diff name now), Club Miami, Dreams, Libra, Central Station, Compound, and Frequency. Of all the other nightspots in ATL, are there any more hip-hop/hip hop influenced clubs that offer a completely different feel than any of those I just named???

If not, even here in the Central Georgia area (Macon, Warner Robins, Ft. Valley, etc.) I can find clubs that provide the same type of environment as those. The women are fine in ATL, but not noticeably better than anything I'd find around here. Similar story for the music. You can find the same drinks here, except cheaper. Food? I dont know because I dont eat at clubs. Keep in mind, my area is a CSA of just under 400,000 people that most people have never even heard of. ATL is much larger, of course, so there are more spots to choose from, but it's just more of the same type of stuff we have here. I've yet to find a nightspot there that just knocks me out of my feet, as one might expect with all the hype about ATL.

When ever I travel just up the road to party, the best thing I can say is "atleast it's good to see different faces" lol but I could say that about going anywhere not in Macon metro.

When I consider those things, and the fact that there are several other major cities with heavy black populations.......ATL really hasnt shown me anything that would suggest it has better clubs than any other major cities with lots of blacks (Detroit, Houston, Dallas, St. Louis, Cincy, Cleveland, Philly, let alone the Behemoths of LA, CHI and NYC)

I have to think that ATL's hip-hop club scene is overrated, and people would only bring it up because most new age rappers are from there and it is viewed as a black mecca.....but it's not like when you actually go out to the clubs there, they can provide you some sort of jaw dropping experience that you cant experience in any other large city with a heavy black pop, or even mid-sized.
You sir have no idea what you are talking about. Atlanta has two sides of our nightlife. One side is what you hear about on the radio and the other side is what is not advertised on the radio and those are the best parties. You only know about them if u r on the correct email list. Check out Sol Fusion, Old School Saturday, Spreadlove, Sunset Lounge, MJQ on Friday, etc. Those are the real Atlanta parties and if you never been to any of those parties you option does not count

Old 11-24-2010, 06:13 PM

No title

Here are videos of real Atlanta parties. If you have only been to the parties they advertise on the radio then u have only been to 50% of the hip hop parties Atlanta has to offer

Old 11-24-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
all hiphop clubs are full of thugs and college kids??
Are all bars filled with child molesters and rapist?

Last edited by tonygeorgia; 11-24-2010 at 06:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City