Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2011, 12:02 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde81 View Post
Atlanta reminds me of a southern New York City with the city night life, buses, and trains.
step foot in ny and then reread your comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 08:50 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times
i have gathered some videos of nyc hip hop party scene. very niceeeee

J'Adore Sundays at Quo w/ DJ Prostyle on Vimeo

DJ Self Birthday Bash 2011 at Quo NYC on Vimeo

Showcase Ent. Presents Saturdays at Room Service w/ DJ Kaos on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/19734524 - broken link)

and you can check us out on Removed by moderators - advertising - don't.

parties in nyc are no joke lol.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:11 PM

judging by the site alltheparties it looks as if Chicago, and Philly have a terrible hip hop club scene while nyc , L.A , Houston , Atlanta , Miami have pretty cool club scenes.

im going by what i see in the pics and videos anyway.

the club scene in chicago is just hard to watch. Dudes in their looking like they have no type of party attire and women looking all busted.

philly has some beautiful women but the party scene in these pics look type bland.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:13 AM

711 posts, read 1,143,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
step foot in ny and then reread your comparison.
Been there, done that.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:24 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times
then do it again. with your eyes open this time.

there is no comparison at all between the two. atl is a nice city, but yeah...

like i like dc but i'm not gonna compare it to paris and say its an american version of paris.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:59 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,098,018 times
Give me a venue with beautiful women, a DJ that plays the right kind of music to keep them dancing, and alcohol and I can make a "best hip hop scene" anywhere.

I've had some better times in medium and small cities where the DJ kept it jumping and the crowd was all into the scene.... than I've had in some large cities in supposedly better clubs where people kinda just stood around with DJs that weren't that good.

Albany, GA for example. They go hard down there.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
Give me a venue with beautiful women, a DJ that plays the right kind of music to keep them dancing, and alcohol and I can make a "best hip hop scene" anywhere.

I've had some better times in medium and small cities where the DJ kept it jumping and the crowd was all into the scene.... than I've had in some large cities in supposedly better clubs where people kinda just stood around with DJs that weren't that good.

Albany, GA for example. They go hard down there.
in other words it depends on what club your in right? yea i can tell my pics that atlanta get it poppin in parties. Up here in nyc hip hop clubs are poppin as well but sometimes i feel people here are way over the limit of showing how flashy they are.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde81 View Post
Been there, done that.
i guess eek means physically, because i would think your opinion of Atlanta being like a southern nyc is because of it compared to other southern cities right?

Old 02-16-2011, 08:19 AM

492 posts, read 1,026,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
Same here. I want to have a good time when I step out and not feel like im in a photo shoot with everyone just standing around. I cant do the "hood" clubs, and I cant stand the "high saditty" clubs where everyones a millionaire (more like hundredaire) or top model. Give me something in between.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
Same here. I want to have a good time when I step out and not feel like im in a photo shoot with everyone just standing around. I cant do the "hood" clubs, and I cant stand the "high saditty" clubs where everyones a millionaire (more like hundredaire) or top model. Give me something in between.
Millionare clubs are the most expensive and disgusting clubs ever. First of most of these people are old over 30 or over 40 to begin with as a starting age, and it seems as if all they do at these clubs is drink whine and talk about stuff instead of dancing and partying.

i know in Manhattan theirs a club for millionaires where all they do is talk. walk around and drink whine and to get a key to that club you have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars.

paying all that money to be bored to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City