U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 09:02 AM

1,891 posts, read 3,869,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8t View Post
My point is, that hip hop clubs are going to be the same regardless of where you are, especially in the south. If you are limiting yourself to this scene then you won't get much in terms of "unique" experiences

Oh I understand what you're saying and I go to all types of clubs. I was just pointing out that irregardless of the type, nightclubs in general, hip hop or not, arent exactly monasteries.

Other than that, we're pretty much on the same page. You say...

Quote:
My point is, that hip hop clubs are going to be the same regardless of where you are, especially in the south.
.....that's why I'm wondering why ATL is so much of a clear cut "winner" over anywhere else to seemingly most people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 11:19 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,709,399 times
Quote:
It is one thing to say "best hip hop scene", it is another to say "best hip hop clubs scene". Hip Hop clubs don't really differ that much no matter what city you are in. It is a pretty standard formula once you get past the regions local music ( juke, b-more house, gogo, crunk, etc) and clothing.
I know it is that's why I made the thread

If you honestly think every last hip hop club scene is the same and consist of the things you mentioned maybe you should go to hip hop clubs in different cities. It is not all the same. I have never heard Techno music in clubs in Florida like I do all the time in Detroit. I would not be able to go to clubs in Detroit and see Ludacris, Lloyd, TI and many other celebs like you could in ATL. Most southern cities play their own music only, whereas here they play everybody, every regions, music. Food differs from city to city as well. I highly doubt you will get the same crowd either. Those are just some differences I noticed.

Besides I see no complaints for threads of other genres (house, techno, country etc) club/bar scenes on here, so why for hip hop???

Old 11-22-2010, 11:46 AM

1,681 posts, read 2,633,114 times
From my experience Dallas, New Orleans, Philadelphia and Atlanta are all pretty great. I've been to DC and Houston but haven't partied in either, so I can't say but I've heard good things about DC for sure. Miami is another strong favorite, but hip hop takes a back seat for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPhilliesPhan View Post
Probably Atlanta since it is the black mecca.
What is this your gimmick?

Old 11-22-2010, 11:50 AM

2,420 posts, read 3,854,943 times
Hip/hop clubs are for kids, for the most part, but Jay-Z's 40/40 club in AC is supposed to be the best.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:58 AM

63 posts, read 266,235 times
Any city with a sizable AA population

Old 11-22-2010, 12:46 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,798,118 times
lol@ nelly

Old 11-22-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
lol@ nelly
I'm sure Nelly is laughing right along with you, all the way to the bank as a matter of fact.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:11 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,798,118 times
Oh ok record sales revenue= skill right. my bad
*puts drake in top 3 all time list*

Old 11-22-2010, 03:26 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,709,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Hip/hop clubs are for kids, for the most part, but Jay-Z's 40/40 club in AC is supposed to be the best.
if you feel that way than this thread isn't for you

Old 11-22-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
Oh ok record sales revenue= skill right. my bad
*puts drake in top 3 all time list*
You can't be serious.

Nelly isn't some Johnny-come-lately artist at this point like Drake, he is VERY well established. Nelly has MILLIONS of record sales, while Drake on the other hand is just happy to have reached platinum status. The two cannot be mentioned in the same breath, are you kidding me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City