U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 07:10 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,700,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8t View Post
1. I never said they were all thugs.
2. You are not talking about the hip hop scene, you are talking hip hop clubs which is different.
who cares, Im done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 02:25 AM

7,245 posts, read 5,534,685 times
all hiphop clubs are full of thugs and college kids??

Old 11-23-2010, 03:50 PM

442 posts, read 678,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
all hiphop clubs are full of thugs and college kids??
Not sure about college kids, but thugs and black greek yuppies, yes. Everyone else is random or secondary.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:38 PM

1,891 posts, read 3,855,065 times
It really depends where you go.

Some hip hop clubs may have a crowd that is majority thugs, "gangstas," baby mama/hoodrats, etc.

Others are majority college students (including greeks) and locals that DONT want to go to the "bad" clubs (like one I just previously described).

So yeah you can have a variety of environments at different clubs.
-majority thugged out, trashy looking women
-majority college students and people who dont want to go to the "thug" spots, nice looking women

-clubs where there's alot of standing around
-clubs with good DJs where the dance floor is packed
(either one of these scenarios could be present with a thugged out or non-thugged out crowed)

The reason I say ATL's night scene is overrated is because you can have these same options pretty much anywhere, and have just as good of a time as you would in ATL ...even in small/medium-sized urban areas with a sizable black population...like here in Macon-Warner Robins-Ft. Valley, GA CSA

Old 11-23-2010, 06:47 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,344,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
OK, I know people are going to flood in and say "ATL" and I love ATL as it is the largest and most popular city in my state, but I have to point something out.

The clubs I've been to up there are Prime Time, Velvet Room, Motions, Nocturnal (I think it has a diff name now), Club Miami, Dreams, Libra, Central Station, Compound, and Frequency. Of all the other nightspots in ATL, are there any more hip-hop/hip hop influenced clubs that offer a completely different feel than any of those I just named???

If not, even here in the Central Georgia area (Macon, Warner Robins, Ft. Valley, etc.) I can find clubs that provide the same type of environment as those. The women are fine in ATL, but not noticeably better than anything I'd find around here. Similar story for the music. You can find the same drinks here, except cheaper. Food? I dont know because I dont eat at clubs. Keep in mind, my area is a CSA of just under 400,000 people that most people have never even heard of. ATL is much larger, of course, so there are more spots to choose from, but it's just more of the same type of stuff we have here. I've yet to find a nightspot there that just knocks me out of my feet, as one might expect with all the hype about ATL.

When ever I travel just up the road to party, the best thing I can say is "atleast it's good to see different faces" lol but I could say that about going anywhere not in Macon metro.

When I consider those things, and the fact that there are several other major cities with heavy black populations.......ATL really hasnt shown me anything that would suggest it has better clubs than any other major cities with lots of blacks (Detroit, Houston, Dallas, St. Louis, Cincy, Cleveland, Philly, let alone the Behemoths of LA, CHI and NYC)

I have to think that ATL's hip-hop club scene is overrated, and people would only bring it up because most new age rappers are from there and it is viewed as a black mecca.....but it's not like when you actually go out to the clubs there, they can provide you some sort of jaw dropping experience that you cant experience in any other large city with a heavy black pop, or even mid-sized.

Sorry but the women in Atlanta look and dress way better then the ones in Macon..

Old 11-23-2010, 06:52 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,344,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
It really depends where you go.

Some hip hop clubs may have a crowd that is majority thugs, "gangstas," baby mama/hoodrats, etc.

Others are majority college students (including greeks) and locals that DONT want to go to the "bad" clubs (like one I just previously described).

So yeah you can have a variety of environments at different clubs.
-majority thugged out, trashy looking women
-majority college students and people who dont want to go to the "thug" spots, nice looking women

-clubs where there's alot of standing around
-clubs with good DJs where the dance floor is packed
(either one of these scenarios could be present with a thugged out or non-thugged out crowed)

The reason I say ATL's night scene is overrated is because you can have these same options pretty much anywhere, and have just as good of a time as you would in ATL ...even in small/medium-sized urban areas with a sizable black population...like here in Macon-Warner Robins-Ft. Valley, GA CSA

there is a reason why atlanta is hyped up. Its had the same rep for years... And probably will for a long time.
It is what it is.

Sorry As much as you trying to put Atlantas Club scene on par with Macon its not...

Last edited by MikeandIke27; 11-23-2010 at 07:22 PM..

Old 11-23-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Sorry but the women in Atlanta look and dress way better then the ones in Macon..
no they dont......there are plenty of fine women in both cities. When I go out in ATL it's not like I can look around and noticeably see prettier faces and better bodies than I do when I go out here......or Huntsville, Alabama.......or Montgomery, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Sorry As much as you trying to put Atlantas Club scene on par with Macon its not...

Atlanta is much larger, so you have more clubs than here. But it's mostly more of the same types of clubs.

At that rate, I have to wonder how ATL can be that much better than other major cities with a large black population like Detroit, Chicago, Philly, NY, LA, Cleveland, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, etc.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:19 PM

12,202 posts, read 17,564,997 times
IDK, but Houston is very underrated. Here is a website showing Houston's nightlife:
:: inDmix.com ::

Just like Atlanta, Houston has a lot of celebrities at its clubs! I have no idea why anyone would make that a reason why one club scene is better than the other one when clearly celebrities are going to be the spotlights of almost every hip hop club in any city.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:20 PM

Pretty much, I'm saying the "nightlife" as far as hip hop clubs is overrated in most major cities. I say this not because the clubs arent great but because you usually can find the same types of hip hop clubs in med-sized urban areas.

I called out ATL because it's a name people just throw out there because alot of rappers are from there.

There are hip hop clubs with great DJs, active dance floors and fine women in Detroit, New Orleans, Birmingham, Houston etc. where you can have just as good of a time as you do in ATL. Same thing for small or mid-sized metros with a significant black pop....Macon, Savannah, Augusta, Montgomery, Mobile, etc.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:26 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,700,655 times
lmao Sk8t keeps mentioning greeks BUT that is mostly a southern thing since the divine nine is really big. Although they are at colleges up north its not the same. Of course they originated down south and the south is where all (but Wilberforce I believe) HBCUs are. In Detroit you will more than likely NEVER see a group of greeks like in clubs in the south unless you're at a college party. And even then thats rarely. Once again HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY ASSUME THAT SOMEONE IS A THUG? huh? the way they dress? talk? what?! I don't understand. Don't assume because you don't know those people personally smh. Besides I don't know about anywhere else but here you have plenty of parties where you can not get in with gym shoes, fitteds, white tees etc. Also all black people aren't the same you do understand that don't you? we differ from region to region, city to city. We dress, act, talk and carry ourselves differently according to regional culture. Hence why even hip hop sounds different by region/city

So like I said, its not all the same
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City