U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 08:15 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,344,759 times

Advertisements

[quote=King_X;16765894]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post

gotta read my 1st post man.....I've been to alot of spots up there, and I named them. I acknowledged that my opinion was based only off the places I've been.

I dont know about those places but thanks for the heads up. I guess me and my team need to check those spots out because the places we went to just didnt seem to much better than here.

But still, do other major cities such as Houston not have similar spots?
Club Opera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcOfM...eature=related

ESSO NIGHT cLUB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w806E...eature=related

tONGUE AND GROOVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbcZrdCIjoM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 08:15 PM

442 posts, read 678,630 times
[quote=MikeandIke27;16765806]
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
Pretty much, I'm saying the "nightlife" as far as hip hop clubs is overrated in most major cities. I say this not because the clubs arent great but because you usually can find the same types of hip hop clubs in med-sized urban areas.

I called out ATL because it's a name people just throw out there because alot of rappers are from there.

There are hip hop clubs with great DJs, active dance floors and fine women in Detroit, New Orleans, Birmingham, Houston etc. where you can have just as good of a time as you do in ATL. Same thing for small or mid-sized metros with a significant black pop....Macon, Savannah, Augusta, Montgomery, Mobile, etc.[/QUOTE

I respect your opinion.. But answer this why do so many celebs, world famous djs love coming to atlanta to party,? Why do so many people come near and far to engage in the hip hop night club scene in atlanta if they can get the same experiences in there home towns.. Why do they keep coming back..

so in macon I can get the same atmosphere as I get in havanna club, Gold room , tongue and groove club opera, esso night club etc. these are my fav spots...
Half of those clubs aren't even hip hop clubs. I mean come on, Opera?

Old 11-23-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
I think Houston and Atlanta are on the same level when it comes to the hip hop scene. Check out the website that Spade and I provided.
Personal Atlanta does have the edge.. Atlanta is just a more popular destination than Houston..

Old 11-23-2010, 08:17 PM

[quote=sk8t;16766023]
Quote:

Half of those clubs aren't even hip hop clubs. I mean come on, Opera?

If you ever been You would know half of those clubs cater certain nights for hip hop..

Old 11-23-2010, 08:19 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,701,222 times
[quote=MikeandIke27;16765806]
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
Pretty much, I'm saying the "nightlife" as far as hip hop clubs is overrated in most major cities. I say this not because the clubs arent great but because you usually can find the same types of hip hop clubs in med-sized urban areas.

I called out ATL because it's a name people just throw out there because alot of rappers are from there.

There are hip hop clubs with great DJs, active dance floors and fine women in Detroit, New Orleans, Birmingham, Houston etc. where you can have just as good of a time as you do in ATL. Same thing for small or mid-sized metros with a significant black pop....Macon, Savannah, Augusta, Montgomery, Mobile, etc.[/QUOTE

I respect your opinion.. But answer this why do so many celebs, world famous djs love coming to atlanta to party,? Why do so many people come near and far to engage in the hip hop night club scene in atlanta if they can get the same experiences in there home towns.. Why do they keep coming back..

so in macon I can get the same atmosphere as I get in havanna club, Gold room , tongue and groove club opera, esso night club etc. these are my fav spots...
Mainly because most mainstream hip hop is coming out of ATL. Like I already stated you can see many celebs hanging out on a regular in ATL clubs but majority of them are from ATL or live there now. That's why. I know of a couple of ATL artists or southern artists in general who stay coming to Detroit just to hang out like Gucci, Flocka, Jeezy, Jermaine Dupri, Gorilla Zoe, Young Buck, BG used to live here and still come back every now and then, Luda etc. but they don't "make the club scene" per say. But celebs hanging out in ATL clubs do make it different (not better IMO) than other cities

Old 11-23-2010, 08:23 PM

[quote=detroitlove;16766057]
Quote:

Mainly because most mainstream hip hop is coming out of ATL. Like I already stated you can see many celebs hanging out on a regular in ATL clubs but majority of them are from ATL or live there now. That's why. I know of a couple of ATL artists or southern artists in general who stay coming to Detroit just to hang out like Gucci, Flocka, Jermaine Dupri, Gorilla Zoe, Young Buck, BG used to live here and still come back every now and then, Luda etc. but they don't "make the club scene" per say. But celebs hanging out in ATL clubs do make it different (not better IMO) than other cities

Thats your personal opinion again.. You can go anywhere and people are going to always uplift Atlanta when it comes to the popularity far as who as the best hip hop nightclubs.. This rep goes all the way back to freanik days when Atlanta had 24 hour nightclubs.. I have had good times in other cities as well. I had a blast in Kansas city and Oklahoma city before. I was shocked at how good there hip hop nigthclubs were.. You probably can get the same experience in Houston Dallas etc But they dont a the reputation in that area around the USA..

Old 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,701,222 times
[quote=MikeandIke27;16766107]
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
[/b]

Thats your personal opinion again.. You can go anywhere and people are going to always uplift Atlanta when it comes to the popularity fars as who as the best hip hop nightclubs.. This rep goes all the way back to freanik days...
1. I clearly said IMO
2. that is your opinion

Old 11-23-2010, 08:29 PM

1,891 posts, read 3,856,056 times
[quote=MikeandIke27;16766008]yeah nice post. I've been missing out. I have to check opera.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:30 PM

12,202 posts, read 17,569,429 times
THose videos remind me of a college party I went to tis weekend. WOW! Is this HOTlanta? If that's the case, then there's a HOTHam, a HOTmacon, a HOTgreenville, a HOTmobile, etc.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:30 PM

1,891 posts, read 3,856,056 times
detroitlove, what did you think about those spots in Florida you went to? You said ORL and TAMPA right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City