Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Queen City of the plains or City of Angels?
SoCal (L.A.) 188 65.73%
Front Range (Denver) 98 34.27%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 04:45 AM

110 posts, read 145,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMM64 View Post
Well there's plenty of proof, just look around City Data and the rest of the internet as I've said. Then go out into the real world and meet people for more proof! I know you disagree with me but there's the proof if you like it or not.

I agree city data and the internet is just a stupid thing, but why do so many Californians take the internet and forums so seriously then? Stop using this as your argument!
Oh the irony LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 05:36 AM

529 posts, read 1,547,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposable3 View Post
Oh the irony LOL
You just made my day with this post! THANKS! You've helped me even more!

How does accusing me of being a hypocrite help your California buddies? Didn't they do the same thing first? Your argument is beyond stupid! You act as if California people never act the same way in the real world as they do on CD, WHAT? It's the same human being on CD that's there in the real world as well, so how is it not a representation of real life? Sure there's more to real life than there is on CD but the same people and arguments still exist! Obviously this isn't the biggest issue in life DUH! It's still one that tons of people talk about everyday though and I hear CA people say it every day! It's the biggest thing on all of their minds not mine! AGAIN WHAT IS YOUR POINT? If you're saying I'm stupid for using the internet for this then you've just insulted yourself, everyone on CD, and half of the world including tons of CA folks!

For the last time because you apparently can't understand, of course it's just the internet, my point is that it's still the same people and conversations as the real world! When did I say the internet is more important than real life? It's still actual people just like in the real world! If we were having this conversation face to face what would the difference be? People talk about people and places they don't like all the time in the real world, so is it not stupid in that case because it's not on the internet! AGAIN WHAT IS YOUR POINT? THE INTERNET IS STUPID IN THE SENSE THAT IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE, THIS IS MY POINT!

Whew.... glad that's finally out of the way, I really had to dumb it down for you!

You want irony, look at yourself! If you want to make an argument at least follow your own rules and don't use things to criticize me that the people you're defending did first! If you really feel that CD is as stupid as you claim it is then why are you even a member and why did you respond to my post in the first place? Shouldn't have you just not cared about my original post is CD is such a stupid thing? Oh the Irony! LOL

Stop saying posting an argument on CD is dumb and not an example of the real world just because you're pissed off that I said LA wasn't perfect. It has nothing to do with our original argument! I could've resorted to this pathetic excuse too to make you look stupid but I didn't! Yes it's just the internet and is just a stupid forum, but that has nothing to do with your argument or mine, you just resorted to this when you realized you were wrong and let your emotions get the best of you!

Funny you only feel this way when someone you disagree with posts something. Why is CD not stupid when CA posters post the nonsense and crazy stuff that begin these arguments, they're the ones who take CD so seriously to begin with! Why didn't you tell all of them first that they need to calm down and that it's just the internet? Seems like you should have if you're argument wasn't based on a bias or an opinion as you're claiming it to be.

See? Thanks again for helping my argument!

Of course I'm not trying to change the world by posting on City Data, I'm just killing time, so why the constant bringing up of CD being stupid? Half the posts on CD are people bashing a city and then arguing about it, that's a fact whether you like it or not so stop acting like this is a new trend started by me! If I had praised LA in the same heated and emotion fueled way you wouldn't have cared at all, but using your logic you should have anyways, so grow up and realize you're just resorting to senseless argument to make yourself not look bad. I'm not even the one who started this argument of yours anyways you are and the CA posters are! If you really feel this way with no bias then why haven't you gone around the entire site and told everyone who argues that their wrong and it's just the internet? See how dumb your argument is? You're mad I said LA wasn't perfect and you turned it into this!

By directing this at me you're also directing it at the CA people too because they began it all and you fail to admit this (doesn't give you a lot of credibility). You're doing what my original argument was saying about Californians.

Whose side are you on now? You were trying to defend Californians and you've just failed and are now criticizing them!

I know you're only doing it because you're pissed off at my original post and know I make good points. Why did you even bring up how cocky other people are if my whole argument is just stupid? GROW UP!

Well gotta go to work, have fun in your basement all day playing video games!

Last edited by JMM64; 12-16-2013 at 06:25 AM..

Old 12-16-2013, 11:48 AM

1,830 posts, read 2,150,484 times
Holy crap. Is this JMM guy for real? Good job disposable, you're getting this guy to write you novels.

The internet sure is serious.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:50 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,847,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
Holy crap. Is this JMM guy for real? Good job disposable, you're getting this guy to write you novels.

The internet sure is serious.
Every JMM post = TLDNR

Old 12-16-2013, 01:16 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,811,395 times
Having lived in the past in the nicest parts of both cities, LA, Hollwood Hills, Malibu, D--Cherry Creek , LA is
a vast waste of space comparatively speaking to modern progressive Denver proper(which is truly sad given its size)even though objectively it generally wins over Denver on paper in most categories.That said outside of LA proper..Coastal Southern Cal. is hard to beat. Wanna see the most desirable parts of Southern California. Move due north and south along the coast. Even most of the locals concur in those regions that LA is a pit and don't want to be excusively associated with LA..can't say I blame them.
LA is often considered the pariah of SO. CAL.

Last edited by Scott5280; 12-16-2013 at 01:48 PM..

Old 12-16-2013, 04:19 PM

572 posts, read 708,441 times
You might want to tell that to all those people pouring money into Silver Lake, downtown, Los Feliz, Pasadena, etc etc.

I've spent the last few nights in downtown. It's really becoming a awesome place. And I lived and worked in downtown Chicago.

Nightspots on 7th street and Spring streets are busy at 1 Am (could've been later, I didn't stick around). Can you imagine what this place is gonna be like in 5 years?

Oh, but it's a crap hole.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:48 PM

Compared to downtown Denver DTLA is a ****hole.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:52 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,847,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
What does Denver have that is so good that it puts DTLA to shame?

Not saying that it doesn't (never been to downtown Denver) but this is really a first for me, Denver's downtown is usually placed in the stratosphere of larger mid-size cities like Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Portland.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:00 PM

572 posts, read 708,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Lol Downtown LA is gonna be an exciting place in a few years. Denver?

Old 12-16-2013, 05:02 PM

[quote=munchitup;32638539]What does Denver have that is so good that it puts DTLA to shame?

Not saying that it doesn't (never been to downtown Denver) but this is really a first for me, Denver's downtown is usually placed in the stratosphere of larger mid-size cities like Minneapolis,

Oh Gee, Only an maginative designing restaurant scene that exists soley on the .LA's best West side Hoods, but in a landlocked arena. Denver pound per pound is a heavy weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City