Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state will lead the South?
Virginia 51 26.42%
Georgia 70 36.27%
North Carolina 72 37.31%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 06:20 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,083,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austincool View Post
or because you're one of the most biased posters on c-d and consider anything with a population less than atlanta's irrelevant.
+1

Old 12-10-2013, 06:39 PM

1,037 posts, read 2,046,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
You're assuming I find Raleigh bearable to live?Atlanta is about the smallest city I would want to be in.I love Savannah but even it would be too small for my taste.

Truthfully speaking there is not that much difference in the natural environmentof these states.Having the busiest reallly means nothing when its all basically the same.

Cities are a big difference.Raleigh offers not enough more of a diffference than what can be find in Savannah.There is a difference in size of course but for someone wanting a very urban experience ,outside of Atlanta,there is no other city that stands out in either of these states.Just IMO.

Funny to me there is not much difference between entertainment offerings, job availability, "things to do", between Charlotte and Atlanta...the difference is MAINLY population. In Atlanta I can go to an NBA game, NFL game, jazz club, conference basketball and football championships, major concerts, neighborhood concerts, art museums, plays, ballet,opera,theme parks, news headquarters, access to major public transportation, skyscrapers, late nightlife,festivals, parades, see celebrities, high quality shopping, major conventions, multiple business districts,....Wait a minute!!.... I can do the SAME IN CHARLOTTE lol!!;-)

Old 12-10-2013, 07:54 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post
Each of these states have a coast and mountains. Which is more visited is relevant to the point in which you tried to make about not being worthy to write home about.

Or because you're one of the most biased posters on C-D and consider anything with a population less than Atlanta's irrelevant.
All the usual NC boosters can't stand criticism.You don't have the pleassure of knowing me so don't
act like you do.
I have NEVER said anything about you because frankly,I just don't care!

I may not agree but I have never pretented to know what type of person you are or how you think.I suggest you keep your thoughts of what you THINk you know about me to yourself before it gets ugly.

If you really must know I get tired of Atlanta too,but it offers enough that I find it relevant.Why then would I find Charlotte remotely interesting nonethe less Raleigh?

Some of you can't stand others opinions as I clearly stated it was.All you do is attack.That's all you can do because you can't stand anyone who disagrees with you.Sad people.

I specifically said:Cities are what makes a place worthhile IMO.I don't want to live on a mountain or on a beach.If I did ,I would be there.What is so difficult to understand?

Virginia has more populated beaches but North Carolina has more people visited does that make North Carloina beaches better because less people live than visit them?

Seems like you are the only one trying to prove a point about most visited "beaches".Its called MARKETING!Whoope dooo!

Old 12-10-2013, 08:00 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,613,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
Funny to me there is not much difference between entertainment offerings, job availability, "things to do", between Charlotte and Atlanta...the difference is MAINLY population. In Atlanta I can go to an NBA game, NFL game, jazz club, conference basketball and football championships, major concerts, neighborhood concerts, art museums, plays, ballet,opera,theme parks, news headquarters, access to major public transportation, skyscrapers, late nightlife,festivals, parades, see celebrities, high quality shopping, major conventions, multiple business districts,....Wait a minute!!.... I can do the SAME IN CHARLOTTE lol!!;-)

You could do all of this in NYC and Chicago as well...

I like NC and GA because they are two fast growing states that are becoming the New South. I'm not trying to get into a battle of Atlanta vs. Charlotte because I like both cities...

Old 12-10-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
All your opinion and you are entitled to it.I disagree.Its about quanity and quality.Just like Atlanta can't holda candle to San Francisco or NYC.Population adds activity,vibrancy and density.You don't want to see that then thats okay for you.

Charlotte no matter how much you protest will NEVER be on my radar any time soon.i prefer Nashville by far.Not that Charlotte is bad but it just lacks any type of interest for ME.I don't wish to even know more about it before you tell me how much I don't know.I have never been to Bosnia either and have no desire to go.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
You could do all of this in NYC and Chicago as well...

I like NC and GA because they are two fast growing states that are becoming the New South. I'm not trying to get into a battle of Atlanta vs. Charlotte because I like both cities...
I don't dislike Charlotte.I'm just indifferent.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:18 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,580,635 times
Dude, we get that you only care about big cities. You say IMO but don't seem to accept that in OPO mountains and beaches are important.

Quote:
Raleigh offers not enough more of a diffference than what can be find in Savannah.
Dude, you need to get out more. Yes Savannah is the best for a tourist but if someone is looking for job advancement and a good family environment, Raliegh is the way to go. Seriously, if you can't tell them apart you spent way too much time in the hotel bar.

p.s. if all you care about is big cities then VA should get your vote. You get DC and MD thrown in as a bonus.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
Dude, we get that you only care about big cities. You say IMO but don't seem to accept that in OPO mountains and beaches are important.

Dude, you need to get out more. Yes Savannah is the best for a tourist but if someone is looking for job advancement and a good family environment, Raliegh is the way to go. Seriously, if you can't tell them apart you spent way too much time in the hotel bar.

p.s. if all you care about is big cities then VA should get your vote. You get DC and MD thrown in as a bonus.
I gave an opinion on what I liked.When has it never been acceptable that we can't do that on C-D anymore?
I don't even recall saying anything bad about anyone liking beaches or mountains one way or another so what are you talking about not accepting anything? Please repost where I commented negatively on someone elses preferences.You cannot.

I need to get out more?I grew up in a small town and later cities like Atlanta ,Chicago and Philadelphia so I know the difference.

I I never said all I care about is big cities.Hogwash.YOU ASSumed that.
Since when is Savannah a big city?I'm sure I said I liked it.

I have my own money and my own business.I can make money anywhere so if I were to choose,Raleigh would not be much more of a change for me than Savannah.For you or others I'm sure but for me,Raleigh ain't it.
Quote:
I think these 3 Southern states are the leaders in embodying the spirit and progress the South has made and find it intriguing that each state really hasn't leff the others yet but seem to battle for position. So, what do y'all think?
I comprehend exactly what he asked.He said NOTHING about beaches or mountains
AGAIN.It was MY OPINION for me.Not you or anybody else.Get over it.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:59 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Im saying Georgia without Atlanta is bearable.Savannah is a good reason why.Without Savannah,Georgia ,just like NC and VA ,would be just as boring.That's my opinion.
Of course there are things to do, but to live in Georgia without those 2 cities is NOTHING to write home about.

This is true for VA and NC also.
What is your opinion based on? Have you lived in either state to at least have a rational basis upon which to form your opinion?

Your homerism is just entirely too much to bear at times.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
What is your opinion based on? Have you lived in either state to at least have a rational basis upon which to form your opinion?

Your homerism is just entirely too much to bear at times.
Yes I have lived in virginia.In the Hampton area when stationed at Langley and I have family in NC.Durham to be exact.I have served several short tours in North Carolina as well.What else you wanna know?

You just mad because people don't see Charlotte like you do.I can guarantee you I have lived more places by choice than you before I settled in Atlanta.So its not homerism.its just what i like.Get over it.

I even said I rather not live in Georgia or any of these states without Atlanta or Savannah.How is that homerism?Because I find Charlotte dull?Richmond dangerous?Why do I have to agree with you or anybody else?I gave my reasons.Except them or move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City