Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state will lead the South?
Virginia 51 26.42%
Georgia 70 36.27%
North Carolina 72 37.31%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 12:03 AM

4,692 posts, read 9,255,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
oh, okay. texas has already left them behind
Yeah...exactly...

Old 12-06-2010, 12:08 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,750,102 times
North Carolina.
Virginia is a very VERY close second.

Georgia is beautiful and has a bright future... It's just not for me.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:21 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,800,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
Yeah...exactly...
i'm dead serious, though...

virginia's economy is being lead by NOVA which most people do not consider to be the south, so if they can be included, why not texas? whose economy is lead by houston and dallas: two cities that are undoubtedly southern (one much more than the other)

north carolina and georgia lead the southEAST, but what about the rest of the south? we don't count?....again?

yeah, this is your thread, but the inaccuracy just bothered me

Old 12-06-2010, 10:35 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,774,892 times
Quote:

virginia's economy is being lead by NOVA which most people do not consider to be the south, so if they can be included, why not texas? whose economy is lead by houston and dallas: two cities that are undoubtedly southern (one much more than the other)

north carolina and georgia lead the southEAST, but what about the rest of the south? we don't count?....again?

It's not about what's considered "Southern." I don't think anyone wants to rehash that age-old argument here. But it's the fact that GA, NC, and VA are all on equal footing more or less. If you brought TX into the picture, it would be a complete blowout and I think you know that. Don't get hung up on the title. It's essentially a poll between three equals, asking which one people think will pull ahead of the others.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:23 PM

214 posts, read 424,943 times
Quote:

Most people dont consider Northern Virgina the south? LMAO. Wow tell that to my fellow New Englanders. NOVA is indeen the south since after all it feels like Raliegh Durham, its not NY, PA, NJ, or CT, below the mason dixon line, its part of Virginia which is a southern state and basically a carbon copy of North Carolina. But I would have to chose NC, second VA, and definetly wouldnt even consider ole redneck Georga. NC and VA are basically the same but I believe North Carolina has better job opportunties esp around Raleigh, more liberal politics, a huge amount of transplants from CT(my home state), better schools, and not a commonwealth state like VA.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:25 PM

214 posts, read 424,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
North Carolina.
Virginia is a very VERY close second.

Georgia is beautiful and has a bright future... It's just not for me.
I agree totally 100%

Old 12-06-2010, 06:34 PM

1,937 posts, read 4,685,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitek View Post
Most people dont consider Northern Virgina the south? LMAO. Wow tell that to my fellow New Englanders. NOVA is indeen the south since after all it feels like Raliegh Durham, its not NY, PA, NJ, or CT, below the mason dixon line, its part of Virginia which is a southern state and basically a carbon copy of North Carolina. But I would have to chose NC, second VA, and definetly wouldnt even consider ole redneck Georga. NC and VA are basically the same but I believe North Carolina has better job opportunties esp around Raleigh, more liberal politics, a huge amount of transplants from CT(my home state), better schools, and not a commonwealth state like VA.

But I would have to chose NC, second VA, and definetly wouldnt even consider ole redneck Georga.

Yep, no rednecks in NC or VA or CT>>>>>Get real....Idiotic comment............

Old 12-06-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitek View Post
who cares what new englanders think? lol. most REAL southerners do not consider NOVA the south, and it really isn't

Old 12-06-2010, 08:49 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,774,892 times
Quote:
who cares what new englanders think? lol. most REAL southerners do not consider NOVA the south, and it really isn't
I do, but more on a technicality. NoVA is part of Virginia, which is clearly a Southern state. Culturally, any Southernness present in the region is heavily diluted for sure, but I still do consider it the South. So I guess I'm not a "real Southerner" to you.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
I do, but more on a technicality. NoVA is part of Virginia, which is clearly a Southern state. Culturally, any Southernness present in the region is heavily diluted for sure, but I still do consider it the South. So I guess I'm not a "real Southerner" to you.
i said most, not all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City