Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state will lead the South?
Virginia 51 26.42%
Georgia 70 36.27%
North Carolina 72 37.31%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 11:11 AM

749 posts, read 1,315,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
Yes, yawn to you too, just wait and see. BOA anyway has the worst reputation of any bank in the world, nothing but crooks.
Yet despite all of this, it's still one of the largest.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:50 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,300,881 times
I'm actually surprised to see GA ahead by soo much and to see VA so far behind. This is of no offense to the GA voters, but I don't think very much thought is put into the votes other than GA has Atlanta. Atlanta is the city in the Southeast, but GA does not dominate NC or VA. NC is fascinating in that it is not as near as a global city (NoVa) nor does it have one (Atlanta), yet it is competitive with GA and VA.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:03 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,860,458 times
^Yeah, unfortunately I think people are looking at this from a city perspective and not a state perspective.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:31 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,615,189 times
Neither of these states "LEAD" the south.

but out of the three, GA figures to hold the lead and that's obvious because of Atlanta. While it may not be fair, but what comes to mind? Atlanta is the dominant city out of these three states by far and GA is leading but who cares about the numbers because there's no state "LEADING" anything. It's more a popularity contest.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:26 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
I'm actually surprised to see GA ahead by soo much and to see VA so far behind. This is of no offense to the GA voters, but I don't think very much thought is put into the votes other than GA has Atlanta. Atlanta is the city in the Southeast, but GA does not dominate NC or VA. NC is fascinating in that it is not as near as a global city (NoVa) nor does it have one (Atlanta), yet it is competitive with GA and VA.
I agree. While Atlanta is undoubtedly the capital city of the SE, North Carolina is by far the most well-rounded State of these three.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:35 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,860,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
Neither of these states "LEAD" the south.

but out of the three, GA figures to hold the lead and that's obvious because of Atlanta. While it may not be fair, but what comes to mind? Atlanta is the dominant city out of these three states by far and GA is leading but who cares about the numbers because there's no state "LEADING" anything. It's more a popularity contest.
I think you're reading too much into the title of the thread. Check out the initial post to see what the OP is getting at.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:38 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,710 times
We have tons of racist. Ignorant. People on here. . But whoever sent Me the rep comments Thanks for the nasty message. In the end. I win because your helping me build my rep points on here.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:34 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,300,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
We have tons of racist. Ignorant. People on here. . But whoever sent Me the rep comments Thanks for the nasty message. In the end. I win because your helping me build my rep points on here.
I got a few of them regarding this thread as well. But, it's no matter to me.

To what someone was referring to about these three not "leading" the South, allow me to explain. What I'm getting at is that these 3 states are very close to each other and probably are waaay closer to economic development to each other than people would like to realize. While Texas and Florida are 1 and 2 in the South, they do sit on the fringes of the geographic South, while these 3 are in the heart of the South. GA, has Atlanta, NC has the Piedmont Crescent, and VA has NoVA, Richmond, and HR.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:22 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,843,518 times
if virginia can get a slot, where is texas?!

Old 12-04-2010, 09:35 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,771,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
After seeing the current GDP stats for these states, once again they have changed positions. Kudos to VA for having less folks but still holding it down economically.

The questions: which state has more going for it ecomonically and culturally? Which state has more ecomonic development going for it and the potential to develop more? Where would you live in?

I think these 3 Southern states are the leaders in embodying the spirit and progress the South has made and find it intriguing that each state really hasn't leff the others yet but seem to battle for position. So, what do y'all think?
Of the three would rather reside in DC sprawl of Virginia but would agree that overall North Carolina has a better build up of economy and would lead out of the three. Georgia just has Atlanta, and Virginia biggest catch is its connection with DC, but North Carolina has healthy cities and schools statewide. North Carolina overall is also more developed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City