Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2011, 09:32 PM

6,617 posts, read 9,827,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
LOL!! You read about malls?

I've been living in MPLS just over ten years and I've been to the MOA probably a handful of times (family and friends from out of town always want to see the place). I don't see a reason in going there as I can find what I need in downtown MPLS, Edina, or online.

A very, very small percentage of people care about upscale retailers.
No, I research cities. The retail part was a part of that research.

So, I guess you are a part of that small percentage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 09:35 PM

1,588 posts, read 4,044,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
No, I research cities. The retail part was a part of that research.

So, I guess you are a part of that small percentage.
I was giving you a hard time and no, I'm not part of that small percentage who cares about upscale shopping.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
I was giving you a hard time and no, I'm not part of that small percentage who cares about upscale shopping.
That's what I said. Go back and read it again............LOL

Old 11-22-2011, 11:10 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,245,372 times
Quote:

So, Dallas beats out Minneapolis in terms of high end designers. I'm sure this would impress... That's right. No one cares.
You asked a question, and you were given an answer.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:36 AM

1,588 posts, read 4,044,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
That's what I said. Go back and read it again............LOL
I stated that a small percentage of people care about upscale retailers; meaning the majority doesn't shop at or care about upscale retailers. You responded by stating, "So, I guess you are a part of that small percentage." I replied no, I'm not part of the small percentage; meaning I don't care about upscale retailers. How you managed to turn my response around is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
You asked a question, and you were given an answer.
You missed what I stated a couple posts after I posted my question: My point was aside from a couple upscale shops, which the majority of people don't shop at, the Minneapolis area offers everything the Dallas area does. I had already acknowledged that Dallas has upscale retailers.

Last edited by BlackOut; 11-23-2011 at 10:46 AM..

Old 11-23-2011, 11:27 AM

23,771 posts, read 28,844,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Sports definately goes to DFW Im afriad.

Its not just championships, its attendance, profitability of franchise, and brand loyalty as well. Here is a list on it. DFW was ranked first in the nation according to this. I dont know if it is number one, but its definately top 5. Dallas is one of only 5 cities that has an ESPN affiliate as well.

Best Sports Cities: The list from 1 to 271 - - Sporting News
apparently the well documented tanking of the Stars as they nestle into the bottom of the league in attendance and await their bankruptcy status is a positive thing? certainly is from our perspective in any case

Last edited by Ghengis; 11-23-2011 at 11:40 AM..

Old 11-23-2011, 11:34 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,245,372 times
Quote:
You missed what I stated a couple posts after I posted my question: My point was aside from a couple upscale shops, which the majority of people don't shop at, the Minneapolis area offers everything the Dallas area does.
Any proof of this?

The Metroplex is nearly twice the size of Minneapolis-St. Paul, so wouldn't it be safe to assume that the former will likely have a wider variety of options available, when it comes to shopping?

And by the way, simply dismissing high end names as some irrelevant aspect of retail doesn't mean it isn't a big deal for a city's shopping scene. These places sell some of the finest, highest quality products from around the world, and rake in billions of dollars each year. And no, their clientele is not solely composed of rich people. Everyone from trophy wives to soccer moms to college students shop at these places.

Do most people get their entire wardrobe from Saks or Barney's? No. But they're still staples of the retail industry. Most people probably do shop at a stores like Walmart or Target, so does that a make place a good shopping city if they have one of those?

Old 11-23-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I stated that a small percentage of people care about upscale retailers; meaning the majority doesn't shop at or care about upscale retailers. You responded by stating, "So, I guess you are a part of that small percentage." I replied no, I'm not part of the small percentage; meaning I don't care about upscale retailers. How you managed to turn my response around is beyond me.

You missed what I stated a couple posts after I posted my question: My point was aside from a couple upscale shops, which the majority of people don't shop at, the Minneapolis area offers everything the Dallas area does. I had already acknowledged that Dallas has upscale retailers.
Ohhhhh! I thought you were saying a small percentage don't care about upscale retailers.

Old 11-24-2011, 02:37 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,776,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
apparently the well documented tanking of the Stars as they nestle into the bottom of the league in attendance and await their bankruptcy status is a positive thing? certainly is from our perspective in any case
Stars will be fine.

New ownership and gettin the team back on track will help.

This ain't Atlanta....

Old 11-24-2011, 06:27 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,028,608 times
Quote:

One area has over 6.5 million people; while the other is still under 4 million. Yet; they offer the same thing. Well considering demographically, religiously and culturally they are different. I doubt that. However, all bias aside. I get what your saying; I say the same thing when places like Dallas is compared to bigger cities such as Chicago. The offerings are pretty much the same; except one will offer more of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City