Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 02:07 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,953,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Annapolis is better than Baltimore
Kansas City is better than St Louis

Better than Baltimore at what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 03:01 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
Better than Baltimore at what?
I was just trying to start trouble. I see it worked. Sort of .

Old 12-15-2010, 03:34 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,759,177 times
Annapolis as Baltimore's competitor? No way! Its definitely DC.

Annapolis can be compared with Frederick most closely imo, both towns of less than 100,000.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:21 PM

1,374 posts, read 3,253,246 times
In Ohio, Cleveland and Cincinnati are easily the two most recognized cities in the state, though the city of Columbus is no slouch by any means.
Historically though, Cleveland and Cincinnati have always been "the two BIG rivals in Ohio" ... I absolutely admire so much about Cincinnati, particularly it's amazing architecture, but ultimately though, my preference is for Cleveland and it's amazing amenities, its cultural endowments and it's personality.

Cleveland over Cincinnati for me!

Old 12-15-2010, 04:31 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,652,281 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Annapolis as Baltimore's competitor? No way! Its definitely DC.

Annapolis can be compared with Frederick most closely imo, both towns of less than 100,000.

Baltimore competes with DC ....not vice versa

Old 12-15-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
Baltimore competes with DC ....not vice versa
Sorry bud, but some people think DC competes with Baltimore....not vice versa

Did i break your heart

Old 12-15-2010, 06:00 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,857,597 times
Quote:

Did i break your heart
I don't really see either one competing with the other since they are different kinds of cities, but if so, it's usually the smaller that seeks to the compete with the larger. I seriously doubt DC sees itself competing with Baltimore on any level (outside of sports).

Old 12-15-2010, 06:58 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,652,281 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:

Did i break your heart
????

Old 12-15-2010, 07:09 PM

6,690 posts, read 9,935,924 times
In Texas, Houston and Dallas is the most popular. I barely talk about Austin or San Antonio. The only time Austin is mentioned in my conversation, is when I talk about the University of Texas. I actually forget that San Antonio and Austin exists. I talk about Houston so much, its like a habit.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
I don't really see either one competing with the other since they are different kinds of cities, but if so, it's usually the smaller that seeks to the compete with the larger. I seriously doubt DC sees itself competing with Baltimore on any level (outside of sports).
It was a response to his immaturity (as though it actually matters where you put the city? That wasn't the point of the statement), not a real statement saying Baltimore has more importance than DC. And im not sure why you are taking a DC perspective. This is a personal perspective thread. DC and Baltimore are very comparable to somebody in the area who doesn't look at their levels of economics as a way to compare them. Just look at my previous post in the thread. And Baltimore is still larger than DC within the city. Neither city "competes" with each other really. Did you not read the titile? Its about comparing your states most popular cities, and i was saying Annapolis doesn't compete (As in "is comparable to") with a city 8 times its size. I wasn't taking any thought as to which city "competes" more with the other, i was simply saying DC compares with Baltimore more than Annapolis. Maybe compare would have been a better word to avoid confusing people. I would also like to say that I seriously doubt Baltimore attempts to see itself in comparison with DC, knowing the people there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
????
It was a response to your immaturity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City