Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Minnesota or Colorado
Minnesota 63 40.65%
Colorado 92 59.35%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 01:54 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times

Advertisements

Colorado.
The weather is a little better, I do prefer Minneapolis over Denver though (but it's not by much), and the natural beauty in Colorado is nearly unbeatable (MN is beautiful too, but CO beats out most states in natural beauty)

I really wouldn't complain one way or the other if you randomly placed me in either of the two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 08:26 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,997,713 times
I could be happy in either. Minnesota is a great place, with all the lakes and forests. And the cold doesn't bother me, in fact, I prefer it.

And since I'm from Colorado, I wouldn't complain about moving back there someday. It's a pretty hard place to beat.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:18 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,694,910 times
Colorado for me! I love Minnesota, but living there for half a year, It just Can't complete with Colorado.

-Cities
Colorado has Many different cities. The cities have very different flavors. Minnesota is the same, but the cities are also very similar to one another (So i hear).

-Education
Minnesota as a whole. Hey...the city has a reputation for being Educated for a reason. Denver seems to be slightly less concerned with that stuff. Denvers more of a "Have fun" type a city rather than a "Learning" type of city.

-Scenery
Colorado by alot. Don't get me wrong, because the forest and lakes are beautiful in Minnesota. The landscape just is not as diverse as Colorado. CO has...Lakes, Streams, Creeks, Rivers, Mountains, Mesas,Hills, Praire...the landscape is so much more diverse. I especially love the Being in the mountains...the smell of pine trees and nature are amazing to me

-Climate(s)
Overall, colorado. I like being able to be in a Semi-Arid climate...and 2 hours later, i can be in a Alpine climate in the mountains!

-Diversity
Both are pretty diverse...maybe moreso Minnesota?

Old 08-18-2011, 08:44 PM

224 posts, read 347,475 times
I think CO stomps on Minnesota when it comes to everything!

Old 08-19-2011, 01:57 PM

635 posts, read 1,540,171 times
-Cities - Minnesota I prefer Minneapolis over Denver any day. It's metropolitan area is larger and its much greener, pedestrian friendly, dotted with lakes, and downtown Minneapolis is much more enjoyable. The city is much more "international" than Denver. View Minneapolis as a cross between Calgary and New York City, though smaller. When you get to second tier cities, Duluth is also nicer than Colorado Springs. Duluth has that big city feel not found in Colorado Springs. It's also on Lake Superior and is home to one of the largest grossing ports on the Great Lakes.

-Education - Minnesota Its one of the most educated states in the country.

-Scenery - Tie This one really depends on your point of view. Colorado has the fourteeners, forests, desert, and plains while Minnesota has the plains, lakes, forests, and rolling hills. The desert and mountains are really the only thing you are missing in Minnesota.

-Climate(s) - Tie There are many micro climates in both states that are either favorable or not. Both states can get into the 100's. The snow is nicer in Colorado however the summers are more enjoyable in Minnesota. Just because of Minnesota's location, the Alpine climate is found. The only thing Minnesota doesn't have that Colorado does is the desert...

-Diversity - Tie This is a very broad topic, however, Minneapolis is often likened unto a "mini New York" for good reason. The North Shore is also an excellent contrast to the Twin Cities. In a sense it is more global. Not to mention, you can be in Chicago within a few hours. In terms of geography, Colorado would probably win this category because of its diverse terrain.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:34 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,399 times
"The city is much more "international" than Denver." "and downtown Minneapolis is much more enjoyable. "

Prove it!

"The only thing Minnesota doesn't have that Colorado does is the desert..."

Or Mountains.

"Duluth has that big city feel not found in Colorado Springs"

You are crazy!

Old 08-19-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
"The city is much more "international" than Denver." "and downtown Minneapolis is much more enjoyable. "

Prove it!

"The only thing Minnesota doesn't have that Colorado does is the desert..."

Or Mountains.

"Duluth has that big city feel not found in Colorado Springs"

You are crazy!
I'm extremely familiar with both. Colorado also lacks the lakes that Minnesota has. To quote cited text from Wikipedia By the end of the nineteenth century, Duluth was a thriving city. Duluth was home to more millionaires per capita than any other city in the world and had become a favorite summer playground for the rich and the famous. Magnificent manor homes and Victorian mansions welcomed family and friends to lavish social events. At the turn of the century, the city's port passed New York City and Chicago in gross tonnage handled, elevating it to the leading port in the United States. It is also the location of one of the largest ports on the Great Lakes. Colorado Springs cant really compare.

I guess the enjoy-ability of the downtowns is up to opinion, though I believe Minneapolis to be more pleasant.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:57 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,694,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D. Calif View Post
I'm extremely familiar with both. Colorado also lacks the lakes that Minnesota has. To quote cited text from Wikipedia By the end of the nineteenth century, Duluth was a thriving city. Duluth was home to more millionaires per capita than any other city in the world and had become a favorite summer playground for the rich and the famous. Magnificent manor homes and Victorian mansions welcomed family and friends to lavish social events. At the turn of the century, the city's port passed New York City and Chicago in gross tonnage handled, elevating it to the leading port in the United States. It is also the location of one of the largest ports on the Great Lakes. Colorado Springs cant really compare.

I guess the enjoy-ability of the downtowns is up to opinion, though I believe Minneapolis to be more pleasant.
It is based on opinion, but Denver has much more to do downtown! Debateable? Yes...but its just what i think

I haven't been to Duluth, so I can't really comment.

Yes Colorado has a lack of lakes, but Minnesota has a lack of Mountains...so the lakes to me aren't anymore spectacular.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:04 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,530,843 times
is this midwest/west

or midwest/midwest?

what's the time zone?

Old 08-19-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
It is based on opinion, but Denver has much more to do downtown! Debateable? Yes...but its just what i think

I haven't been to Duluth, so I can't really comment.

Yes Colorado has a lack of lakes, but Minnesota has a lack of Mountains...so the lakes to me aren't anymore spectacular.
Personally I like them both. Colorado has the pleasure of being home to the most fourteeners and Minnesota the home of 10,000 lakes .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City