Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?
Seattle all the way! 193 52.02%
Philadelphia all the way! 153 41.24%
Other (Please specify) 25 6.74%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 03:03 PM

932 posts, read 1,939,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
You call University City part of dt even though a highway and river seperate the two?
UCity is West Philly, it's not part of Center City (downtown) as I'm sure you know. It is, however, quickly shaping itself into something of a second CBD for the city. We'll see what the future holds, but not today, nor ever will be a part of CC.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:42 PM

630 posts, read 992,309 times
I can't believe these posters think Dt Philly is on same par with Dt Seattle. Dt Seattle is alot more vibrant, dynamic and exciting than Philly. This is a true urban center with a complete package, unlike Philly which seems like it's missing something. Don't get it wrong: Philly has greaty history in downtown like Ben Franklin park and great collections of historical buildings. Alot of those historical buildings are in need of renovations due to wear and tear.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:16 PM

725 posts, read 1,207,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo cities View Post
I can't believe these posters think Dt Philly is on same par with Dt Seattle. Dt Seattle is alot more vibrant, dynamic and exciting than Philly. This is a true urban center with a complete package, unlike Philly which seems like it's missing something. Don't get it wrong: Philly has greaty history in downtown like Ben Franklin park and great collections of historical buildings. Alot of those historical buildings are in need of renovations due to wear and tear.
Thats one of the funnest things I heard all day. DT Seattle is NOT more vibrant, dynamic, nor exciting then Philly... Seattle is not all that fun. It has its spots, but people always make it up to be a paradise, idgi ... Philadelphia is usually always voted the 2nd or 3rd best DT in the USA. Which Seattle is just not on its level. Its close, but its not there.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:05 PM

123 posts, read 290,459 times
Philly less vibrant than Seattle is ridiculous. Center city is the third most populated downtown in this entire country. I want foo cities to go sit in the corner and think about what he just said lol.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:56 PM

1,567 posts, read 3,110,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo cities View Post
I've never heard of Ben Franklin Park.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:47 AM

22,379 posts, read 38,810,711 times
durf

Old 11-02-2012, 11:10 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,655,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancat100 View Post
I've never heard of Ben Franklin Park.
Did he mean Franklin Square? I have never heard of Ben Franklin Park either haha.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:42 AM

1,581 posts, read 2,817,975 times
What projects have been finished in 2012 or will be finished that improves tourism and draws more people to Philadelphia. I can give you a list for Seattle . The new glass museum opened in Seattle Center, The Big Wheel on the waterfront a 200ft ferris wheel opened in July, August Americas Car Museum opened in Tacoma it advertises itself as the largest in the world, The new space museum in the Museum Of Flight complex will open in November with the Space Shuttle Trainer, And the new MOHAI museum will open at the end of the month in South Lake Union Park its a new museum of history and industry,

Old 11-02-2012, 11:52 AM

22,379 posts, read 38,810,711 times
Barnes was the biggest Addition in 2012 - Possibly the most important collection of Impressionist art in the US - anticipated to draw more than 250K French tourists alone this year to the museum

Architecture review: Barnes Foundation museum in Philadelphia - Los Angeles Times

New Barnes museum offers up its treasures in Philadelphia - Los Angeles Times

The re done Rodin museum complete with original thinker

The National Jewish history museum

The Atwater Kent - Philadelphia and Industrial Development

To come the National Revolutionary War Museum

and World Freedom Musuem

Last edited by kidphilly; 11-02-2012 at 12:06 PM..

Old 11-02-2012, 12:09 PM

932 posts, read 1,939,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Barnes was the biggest Addition in 2012 - Possibly the most important collection of Impressionist art in the US - anticipated to draw more than 250K French tourists alone this year to the museum

Architecture review: Barnes Foundation museum in Philadelphia - Los Angeles Times

New Barnes museum offers up its treasures in Philadelphia - Los Angeles Times

The re done Rodin museum complete with original thinker

The National Jewish history museum

The Atwater Kent - Philadelphia and Industrial Development

To come the National Revolutionary War Museum

and World Freedom Musuem
The Constitution Center just opened this year or last year, right? Plus they're building that Peace museum, which looks amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City