U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?
Seattle all the way! 193 52.02%
Philadelphia all the way! 153 41.24%
Other (Please specify) 25 6.74%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 03:17 PM

3,020 posts, read 3,019,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Right. We're still ranked the worst for things that happened 30+ years ago, but ya know, when something like this happens:
2013 NFL playoffs -- Fan stabbed in neck outside Georgia Dome after NFC Championship Game between San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons -- report - ESPN

No one bats an eye.
Because it's was a rarity for them...there have been many things that have happened here since the 30 years you mentioned,whatever that means. The throwing snowballs at Santa was just symbolic of their nasty attitudes...the pelting of batteries,having a jail on premises,the 2008 Phillies riots,fans beating up/vomiting on others and generally repelling fans from visiting teams are just a few that come to mind.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:17 PM

25 posts, read 23,194 times
Quote:
Right. We're still ranked the worst for things that happened 30+ years ago, but ya know, when something like this happens:
2013 NFL playoffs -- Fan stabbed in neck outside Georgia Dome after NFC Championship Game between San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons -- report - ESPN

No one bats an eye.
Does the department of tourism in Philadelphia pay you to post on this site?

Old 05-22-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCharlie View Post
You must be new to the forums

Old 05-23-2013, 07:54 AM

7,780 posts, read 17,896,259 times
Quote:

Too funny. .. So it seems.. He will twist any story around to promote Philly. We all know different.. Its quite comical actually. I like him

Old 05-23-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
He will twist any story around to promote Philly.
I like the term 'banging the drum'...

Old 05-23-2013, 03:56 PM

8,702 posts, read 11,439,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Because it's was a rarity for them...there have been many things that have happened here since the 30 years you mentioned,whatever that means. The throwing snowballs at Santa was just symbolic of their nasty attitudes...the pelting of batteries,having a jail on premises,the 2008 Phillies riots,fans beating up/vomiting on others and generally repelling fans from visiting teams are just a few that come to mind.
Soooo it is a rarity for other cities but not for Philly?! HAHAHA what a double standard!

Throwing snowballs at Santa? Like I said, that was over 30 years ago. Come to modern times man.

Nasty attitudes? Don't all sports fans? Have you ever seen Football (soccer) fans in Europe? If you think Philly fans were bad you would cry and whimper in the corner my friend.

All across the world sports fans are like that. Where have you been? Why is this something only unique to Philly? Why so many double standards?

I will agree Eagles fans are nasty. Even Flyers fans can be nasty... but I am a Phillies fans first and foremost and I find the fans to be extremely tame and calm. In all the games I have been to, aside from fans booing other teams fans (and most of them jokingly, and which all sports fans do in every stadium across the country), I have only had one bad experience. 4 people were being loud and obnoxious and drunk. One bad experience.

Pelting of batteries? Again. Over 30 years ago man.

Having a jail on the premises? Most football stadiums do. Look it up. You're not very knowledgeable of this stuff.

2008 Phillies riots. No team won in Philly in over 20 years, are you serious right now? That would happen in most cities. You consider that bad fans? You're absurd and afraid of the world

Fans fighting? Where does that not happen? Fans fight everywhere.

Vomiting on each other? I heard of this happening once. How is this not a rarity? It is now a norm? HAHAHA. What a joke.

Repelling visiting team members? What fans don't?
Nationals "Take Back The Park" From Phillies Fans, Give It Right Back To Them

You have so many double standards. It is such a joke. Have Philadelphia fans gotten rowdy before? Absolutely. Are they any more rowdy then Dallas, New York, Boston, Chicago, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, LA fans? Absolutely not.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
So people can post anything they want about bad fan behavior in Philly but I can't post something about other sports teams fans?! HAHAHA. You're too funny. You think there aren't rowdy fans in Dallas, NYC, Boston, Chicago, LA, San Francisco, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, etc. etc. etc.? Funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
Too funny. .. So it seems.. He will twist any story around to promote Philly. We all know different.. Its quite comical actually. I like him
Again, why the double standard for Philly? You think there aren't rowdy fans in other cities? Hilarious. I find modern day Philly sports fans to be pretty tame.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:20 PM

2,378 posts, read 2,506,836 times
Last time I went to a phillies game it was about as pleasant and family like as it could be... The one thing I noticed about sports in Philly is it is a bigger deal in the suburbs.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Soooo it is a rarity for other cities but not for Philly?! HAHAHA what a double standard!

Throwing snowballs at Santa? Like I said, that was over 30 years ago. Come to modern times man.

Nasty attitudes? Don't all sports fans? Have you ever seen Football (soccer) fans in Europe? If you think Philly fans were bad you would cry and whimper in the corner my friend.

All across the world sports fans are like that. Where have you been? Why is this something only unique to Philly? Why so many double standards?

I will agree Eagles fans are nasty. Even Flyers fans can be nasty... but I am a Phillies fans first and foremost and I find the fans to be extremely tame and calm. In all the games I have been to, aside from fans booing other teams fans (and most of them jokingly, and which all sports fans do in every stadium across the country), I have only had one bad experience. 4 people were being loud and obnoxious and drunk. One bad experience.

Pelting of batteries? Again. Over 30 years ago man.

Having a jail on the premises? Most football stadiums do. Look it up. You're not very knowledgeable of this stuff.

2008 Phillies riots. No team won in Philly in over 20 years, are you serious right now? That would happen in most cities. You consider that bad fans? You're absurd and afraid of the world

Philly World Series Riot - YouTube

Where have you been? Sounds like another blowhard who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Keep defending my friend,perhaps one day it will get you somewhere. Not

Old 05-23-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post

Philly World Series Riot - YouTube

Where have you been? Sounds like another blowhard who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Keep defending my friend,perhaps one day it will get you somewhere. Not
Keep up with your double standards. Maybe it will get you somewhere. Not

Riots Erupt In San Fran Following World Series Victory - YouTube

Giants Celebratory Riots in the Mission Part 2 - YouTube

Football Fights - Sports Riots - Sports Fights - Worst Sports Injuries - YouTube

GIANTS World Series VICTORY over Detroit TIGGERS triggers mass RIOTS in San Francisco! - YouTube

Lakers Riot 2010 - Unlawful Revelers - YouTube

Egypt Soccer Riot; 74 Dead, 248 Wounded - YouTube

Stanley Cup Riot In Vancouver - 1994 - YouTube

Sports Fan riots fights and shootings - YouTube

Again. This only happens in Philly? Where have YOU been? You're so one sided. You're like a broken record. Aren't you the same kid that posts every single crime that happens in the Philadelphia thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City