U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 12-02-2010, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,838 posts, read 7,020,299 times
Reputation: 1424

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
Im d*ck because im NOT talking about anybody from baltimore... what kind of sense does that make
more contradictions smh, you called me a meat rider for showing ny swag which is my city, then you go off to say "im a dick rider because im not talking about people from baltimore"?

so how many i meat rider for talking about people in my hometown of nyc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-02-2010, 10:49 AM
 
1,667 posts, read 1,502,952 times
Reputation: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
who in the world still wears hip hop clothing? . How late are some of you people???One thing for sure is that rockefeller, and dipset were trendsetters from nyc.jim jones started the fitted jeans , and jay z is the man that made jerseys go out of style.

Also i want to know what you mean by "throwbacks"? are you lying and implying that new yorkers still wear throwbacks?
Jim Jones stole the fitted jean look from the prep white boys. White men have been wearing fitted jeans for years. African Americans just adopted the look from them. Same with skinny jeans and the whole skateboarding thing.. And those fugly uggh boots surfers in California were wearing those years ago too.. Nyers are only good for winter dressing. For summer California hands down..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 10:50 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,838 posts, read 7,020,299 times
Reputation: 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
Wtf does SOUTHERN ARTIST being signed to ny labels have to do with the fact that Nyc rappers are all but extinct??

u also talking about southern artist not getting played on hot97 when i was listening to it, but danced around the fact that hot97 didnt play any ny artist except nicki minaj who is signed to a southern label... i bring up the fact that she went down south for the simple fact that she felt ny doesnt have enough clout in hiphop anymore. What singles r u talking about from jada & jimjones... they didnt get outside of ny... so still ny fell off like i said.

Then u looking for baltimore rappers, but all of a sudden u were doing it to see what they were wearing...... come on yo... u the biggest clown on this site hands down.

Can you keep track of anything you say at all???

your bragging about one artist from ny signed to a down south label while their are dozens of artist signed to ny labels. This is facts and proves all your contradictions wrong.

Nyc rappers are not extinct at all. Please tell me who in baltimore and who in the south is selling huge hits right now in the market.

Where is shawty lo , the other members of d4l , three 6 , petey pablo , arab etc???? The only three people who sell down south are T.I , RICK ROSS , AND WAYNE. So basically your riding the south,s meat overrating them by the minute.

Once again MRREDD cant read. you told me to grow up but i think your 6 years old. i clearly wrote nyc stations play all music only certain dj,s at midnight do not play southern music. Another stupid remark made my mrrredd. Lets keep on continuing YAWN.

Great so now jim jones , fabolous , or jadakiss are played down south. So i guess my ears were lying to me when i was driving through north/south carolina, and went to atlanta for a week.

Just give up you cant even keep a competitive argument with all these contradictions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,838 posts, read 7,020,299 times
Reputation: 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Jim Jones stole the fitted jean look from the prep white boys. White men have been wearing fitted jeans for years. African Americans just adopted the look from them. Same with skinny jeans and the whole skateboarding thing.. And those fugly uggh boots surfers in California were wearing those years ago too.. Nyers are only good for winter dressing. For summer California hands down..

actually no jim jones stole the fitted look from the jamaicans not white boys.

nope new yorkers are good at dressing during any season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 11:01 AM
 
1,667 posts, read 1,502,952 times
Reputation: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
Atlanta rides nyc so much that they even sell brooklyn shirts down their.

Now isn't that something weird lol. Go pay visit to vinnie styles.

How do you sell Brooklyn shirts in a city nowhere near Brooklyn. They dont even sell Brooklyn shirts in jersey and their right across the Hudson from us.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
no your mistaken.. No one asked Nyers to move down to Atlanta on droves..no one asked Vinnies clothing boutique to open up here. And why wouldn't Atlanta cater to ny when you guys are starting to over populate the region..

O
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 11:02 AM
 
287 posts, read 142,216 times
Reputation: 138
Skinny jeans definitively came from alternative white guys in the scene and skateboarders. I will be glad when all the rappers and jerkin thugs move on from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 11:03 AM
 
287 posts, read 142,216 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
no your mistaken.. No one asked Nyers to move down to Atlanta on droves..no one asked Vinnies clothing boutique to open up here. And why wouldn't Atlanta cater to ny when you guys are starting to over populate the region..

O
Match. Set.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,838 posts, read 7,020,299 times
Reputation: 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
no your mistaken.. No one asked Nyers to move down to Atlanta on droves..no one asked Vinnies clothing boutique to open up here. And why wouldn't Atlanta cater to ny when you guys are starting to over populate the region..

O

vinnie styles opened up in atlanta because they are smart folks from nyc who knew they were going to sell huge dollars making a shop in atl. point blank.

and pretty much a lot of people up north , and even the west are moving down. SStop studying us new yorkers so much. It feels scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,838 posts, read 7,020,299 times
Reputation: 1424
The first video of jim jones wearing fitted jeans.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK89gvque3Q

not even close to a preppy white boy look. That is shotta style to the fullest. Yardie style.

In fact when i was in high school the shotta style became popular for about 2 years with people from other races, and ethnicity wearing the jamaican style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 11:09 AM
 
287 posts, read 142,216 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
vinnie styles opened up in atlanta because they are smart folks from nyc who knew they were going to sell huge dollars making a shop in atl. point blank.

and pretty much a lot of people up north , and even the west are moving down. SStop studying us new yorkers so much. It feels scary.
New Yorkers are a big chunk of the transplants and they even have articles about it. Of course Atlanta would cater to them, but to say they worship people who choose come to Atl for a good life is delusional at best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top