Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 11:22 PM

758 posts, read 1,957,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desha View Post
To elaborate, here in D.C., we wear our fitted caps so that is actually fits on our heads and not slouched over or too big.
You mean the "panty hose on the head" look from 1998 or so? It was popular among thugs and wanna-bes.

I thought that look was long-gone? And I never understood why these dudes were wearing their Mama's undergarments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 01:30 AM

133 posts, read 411,244 times
I guess it's the popular cities like Atlanta, Miami, D.C, NYC, Los Angeles, etc.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:13 AM

10,092 posts, read 9,911,152 times
Fashion is alot more even than NYC would like to admit.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:22 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,137,147 times
Quote:
I guess teenage-young adult....

To be on the real side, DC is the only city with decent dressed young people. We have swag and walk with the utmost posture. All other cities are just bammas. NYC, Philly, Bmore, Atlanta, Houston, Miami, and New Orleans being the worst offenders. Zero swag, zero game, zero posture.
That's a damn lie. It shouldn't even be in the top 5.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:53 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,384,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
agreed

Old 11-30-2010, 08:55 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,384,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
I guess you're talking about black young adults. Preppy is the general style of dress among college-aged black folks. So you'll see a lot of this, which I think is classy:

The way the girls are dressed in not really what I'm talking about, you won't see that everyday, but the way the guys are dressed is very common, every-day stuff.
I actually don't really like that style. Not for an every day look and the guy on the far left, I hate when guys dress like that.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:57 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,079,209 times
lol nyc's dress swag is on level with la and international cities like london,paris etc. Nyc is the fashion capitol of the world. What the hell is DC?

Dcs youth is inspired by hip hop fashion for the most part. Where u think that came from? new york fuc.ing city. Dont throw rocks at the throne

Old 11-30-2010, 09:00 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,293,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
It's all the same crap unless you're one of those people who likes to dress extra and over the top. Different regions do have different styles but for the most part it's the same thing.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:08 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,293,055 times
Quote:
To elaborate, here in D.C., we wear our fitted caps so that is actually fits on our heads and not slouched over or too big. However in many other cities, particularly NYC and Boston, the guys tend to wear oversized fitted caps and often tilt them to the side. I have no idea if they think this is "cool" or "hitting" but its not. It shows no posture or glam.
Okay I died at that sentence. Glamorous Bamma is what you are j/k.

How are Glam and Fitted even in the same sentence though?

I don't even wear fitteds so idc, if I did I wouldn't want it to be tight or loose as hell.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:15 PM

1,728 posts, read 4,718,538 times
Pretty much most of the nation dresses the same, particularly young people.

With the fashion world, all the "weird" or as some call them, "fashionable designs" you see at the fashion shows, those don't sell. It merely gets the brand noticed and people buy the normal looking clothes that these brands sell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City