Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2010, 04:57 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,960,487 times

Advertisements

jobber hearts New Jersey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 05:02 PM

152 posts, read 250,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
BUT WAIT! Doesn't that contradict you ask? Sure does, b/c while Palm Springs may be a respectable contender outside the NE tri-state, it has PLENTY of 'ex-New-Yorkers'. .
Bud, it's Palm Beach. And yes, it is a traditional NYC's vacations spot and place where New Yorkers move when they retire. It's literally full of New Yorkers and the 6th boro moniker is frequently used to signify that. There is even a NY Yankees radio station.

Jersey City/Hoboken is on the other hand is just another suburb.
I heard in the suburbs people go to bed much earlier so good night.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:04 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobber23 View Post

It simply means that in Nassau County there is actually something besides the endless suburbia. There are beautiful beaches and parks. Any in Hudson county?

Yup, Liberty State Park. Forgot about that huh?

Yes. I have. Wanna compare prices per sq foot in Alpine and Williamsburg, Brooklyn?

What do you mean prices per sq/ft, I'm not talking commercial space. Let's compare home values.

Of course. It is probably more urban than New York City itself. Or at least this is what you believe. You are from New Jersey. It shows

PS. Do you like South Park? Apparently it's creators don't like New Jersey and they are not even from new York It's a Jersey Thing (Season 14, Episode 9) - Full Episode Player - South Park Studios

South Park? LMAO!! You come back w/ South Park?!!! Running out of steam huh? I'm sure you'll get over it once you move to Jerz

Maybe you should tell them about the great Bergen and Hudson counties so they stop making fun off new Jersey, too?
Nah, you can tell them, I don't watch the show.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:07 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,960,487 times
TheJetSet....................... Is that you?

Old 12-08-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobber23 View Post
Bud, it's Palm Beach. And yes, it is a traditional NYC's vacations spot and place where New Yorkers move when they retire. It's literally full of New Yorkers and the 6th boro moniker is frequently used to signify that. There is even a NY Yankees radio station.

Jersey City/Hoboken is on the other hand is just another suburb.
I heard in the suburbs people go to bed much earlier so good night.
Yup, b/c we all know Hudson county doesn't hand ex-NYers Oh but wait! Palm Springs has a Yankee radio station! Nevermind that the largest office presence outside of Manhattan in the metro is JC.

Even though you implied yourself that Hoboken/JC aren't inhabited by NJans. Remember?

Curiosity is a great thing. Well, first of all New Jersey have never aspired to urbanity, there are no livable large size cities in New Jersey. It's always been a suburbian state with suburbian mentality. Of course there is Jersey City, Hoboken and other cities prospering along the PATH routes yet those are rrarely inhabited by new Jerseyans.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...borough-4.html

I love using folk's nonsense against them.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
jobber hearts New Jersey.
In the worst way

Old 12-08-2010, 05:27 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,449,914 times
I can't believe this thread like really?! When did it get this serious?

I'm pro NYC all day - But I will not go back and fourth to prove anything to anyone. I've always felt (Native Brooklynite!) that NJ was our sister/brother, what's the problem with that? Lol this thread is killing me though.

I will say - When I visit family friends in ATL and they ask me where I'm from I say NYC , then they'd ask "Which Part?" then I'll say Brooklyn I honestly never heard of people calling boroughs that's not Manhattan, Outer Boroughs. But it still doesn't matter because my Brooklyn Pride is all I need =)

I guess it's people that's in the NYC Metro Area mostly? Or just Manhattan transplants? Either way it doesn't really matter Lol.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:20 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
I can't believe this thread like really?! When did it get this serious?

I'm pro NYC all day - But I will not go back and fourth to prove anything to anyone. I've always felt (Native Brooklynite!) that NJ was our sister/brother, what's the problem with that? Lol this thread is killing me though.

I will say - When I visit family friends in ATL and they ask me where I'm from I say NYC , then they'd ask "Which Part?" then I'll say Brooklyn I honestly never heard of people calling boroughs that's not Manhattan, Outer Boroughs. But it still doesn't matter because my Brooklyn Pride is all I need =)

I guess it's people that's in the NYC Metro Area mostly? Or just Manhattan transplants? Either way it doesn't really matter Lol.

NYC Metro Area and general enthusiasts. Transplants are clueless

Old 12-08-2010, 07:02 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,876,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post

It's like the term "mid-atlantic." Nobody says "I'm from the Mid-Atlantic" but it is still a very valid term, as in "New York and New Jersey are states in the Mid-Atlantic region."

Old 12-08-2010, 07:26 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,449,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
It's like the term "mid-atlantic." Nobody says "I'm from the Mid-Atlantic" but it is still a very valid term, as in "New York and New Jersey are states in the Mid-Atlantic region."
I don't know about that. But I could see how you misinterpreted my statement.

I look at it this way Outer Borough from where? If I live in Brooklyn, in my case, Manhattan would be an Outer Borough from BK, right. It doesn't make much sense because the majority of the population doesn't live in Manhattan. AND geographically the center of NYC is Brooklyn/Queens boarders) If any thing people in Albany and Buffalo should be the ones saying "Outer Boroughs" Because we're not within the state.

My point was, people that's not in the NYC Metro Area (Especially no where in NYC) don't refer to other Boroughs as Outer Boroughs. Certainly no residents here refer to it's borough as an Outer Borough of Manhattan. Lol

If anything you get exactly where the person is from. "Bed-Stuy" - "Williamsburg" - "The Bronx" Etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City