U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2010, 04:31 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,221,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobber23 View Post
No I don't. They define statistical areas for stastical purposes only.
They are not experts on urbanity. Want a proof? Check out Warren county and how urban it is....

Again, it's not your fault you are from New Jersey...
No no no! It's too late to back down now. You claim wikipedia is the be all to end all source. Remember?! I pulled that from wiki (your favorite source) so its fair game. Oh how the tables have turned...

It's indeed not my fault I'm from NJ lol, but it IS your fault you don't know what you're talking about You should Google some more stuff, you may actually be able to form a good point of view to come back with lmao!!

Nice try and thanks for playing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 04:36 PM

3,012 posts, read 5,175,108 times
Quote:
It wouldn't be as urban as it is. Boros and neighborhoods in the city need and complement each together creating what is now the city of New York City and its culture.
Single government, planning, transportation system ets are reasons the city grew to what it is today.

New York City is a city while Hudson County is a conglomeration of municipalities and it shows.
Basically my point.

Im not going to say that hoboken is the suburbs, its definently not a sixth boro of nyc though

Old 12-07-2010, 04:45 PM

5,256 posts, read 11,608,620 times
Quote:
Again, it's not your fault you are from New Jersey...
Yea it's not.. but i's not our fault that you can't get NJ off your mind and that you've been sucking on NJ ever since you created an account.

When you hate a place, you hate a place- There really is no discussing it for an extended period of time- It's just not healthy. But when you envy a place.... You corrupt your mind focusing on that place, and imagine it to be so much less than it really is- Get a grip, take a deep breath, and focus your attention away from NJ- It's making you look like a pathetic moron.

Jus tryna help

Old 12-07-2010, 05:08 PM

11,294 posts, read 16,413,793 times
This thread is just all wrapped together. Also everyone's making sense except a select few. Hudson County is the clear cut answer in my opinion.

Just a question, if Hudson County was a NY county would you still say Nassau County or Yonkers is the 6th borough? You know since HC is suburban and all.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Just out of curiosity, are the new yorkers so vehemently arguing in this thread from the outer boroughs? The Bronx, specifically, perhaps?
Theres no such thing as an outer borough. The first time i heard that term was on city-data. The city of new york(which is its official name not nyc) grew up together developed a culture together and the bulk of its population is in its so called outer boroughs. Anything outside of that, is outside of that. There is no sixth borough.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:34 PM

2,646 posts, read 5,000,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Anything outside of that, is outside of that. There is no sixth borough.
A) I knew this thread was going to make your panties wet.

B) An NYC based blog proposed this question, not NJ.

C) LOL @ you for being so emotionally invested in any & everything New Jersey. The opposite of love is apathy, not hate.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
A) I knew this thread was going to make your panties wet.

B) An NYC based blog proposed this question, not NJ.

C) LOL @ you for being so emotionally invested in any & everything New Jersey. The opposite of love is apathy, not hate.
A)Lol your G-String loosens whenever i make a post in a thread dealing with NJ

B)New jersians have been proposing this since i came to city-data. We dont even know if that guy is a real ny blogger or not. Could just be a transplant

C)lol at u being so emotionally invested in anyone that has a different opinion of new jersey

Old 12-07-2010, 05:51 PM

You spend a great deal of time & effort not caring about New Jersey.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:38 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,221,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Theres no such thing as an outer borough. The first time i heard that term was on city-data. The city of new york(which is its official name not nyc) grew up together developed a culture together and the bulk of its population is in its so called outer boroughs. Anything outside of that, is outside of that. There is no sixth borough.
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but the 'City of New York' didn't grow up as the five boroughs.

Every other borough was annexed over time.

'Outer-borough' is a term widely used in NY. That includes NY media (TV/Radio/Paper/Internet). Even when I was stationed in Ft. Totten all the boroughs that weren't Manhattan were considered the outer-boroughs

An Outer Borough Drought (Gotham Gazette, Jul 2009)

Commercial deals up in outer boroughs, too | The Real Deal | New York Real Estate News

"The decades-old debate about how to lure more yellow cabs to the outer boroughs led to an angry showdown at City Hall yesterday after the city's taxi chief shot down a proposal to set up 10 cab stands outside Manhattan."

Read more: 4 BOROUGHS IN TAXI WAR - NYPOST.com

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ter%20boroughs

Old 12-07-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but the 'City of New York' didn't grow up as the five boroughs.

Every other borough was annexed over time.

'Outer-borough' is a term widely used in NY. That includes NY media (TV/Radio/Paper/Internet). Even when I was stationed in Ft. Totten all the boroughs that weren't Manhattan were considered the outer-boroughs

An Outer Borough Drought (Gotham Gazette, Jul 2009)

Commercial deals up in outer boroughs, too | The Real Deal | New York Real Estate News

"The decades-old debate about how to lure more yellow cabs to the outer boroughs led to an angry showdown at City Hall yesterday after the city's taxi chief shot down a proposal to set up 10 cab stands outside Manhattan."

Read more: 4 BOROUGHS IN TAXI WAR - NYPOST.com

Urban Dictionary: outer boroughs
Ohhh stop even engaging this dude in a serious manner................ Clowns get talked to like clowns. Period.
After he attempted to discuses the Port Authority & relieved himself for the know nothing, false pride, surface individual he is; it was over.
A lack of knowledge & a big mouth gets dealt with accordingly. He gets nothing but made fun of from now on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or