U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2010, 04:09 PM

152 posts, read 204,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
So your goal in life is to spitefully bash NJians?

It sounds like you're the one with a boring life.
I guess ignorant comments like this do not equal bashing:

Originally Posted by tommyc_37
It's the most poverty stricken borough of NYC, known worldwide for it's crime ... and Bergen County is one of the wealthiest counties in the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 04:21 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,218,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobber23 View Post
That's when you live in the city of New York only. For everybody else going to the city means going to any of the five boros.
Wrong.

Quote:
Bud, give it rest, will ya?

Nassau county has beautiful beaches and parks. What exactly has Hudson county to offer to the City of New York? Just stay within the county limits and don't tell me what's great in NJ in general.
Connection to mainland USA

Quote:
Tone down your posts, kid... Read my post again. Nassau county has some beautiful parks and beaches. Of course it is suburban if there are also beuatiful parks and beaches it's not an endless suburbia. Do you get it now?
Again, what exactly has Hudson county to offer to a New Yorker?
Did you read this sentence before you posted it? You said Nassau county "of course it is suburban"...then you say..."it's not an endless suburbia". WTH?

Quote:

One thing we don't need is some kid from New Jersey to tell us what we say and how in New York. All I can tell you is that I take Brooklyn over Hoboken or Jersey City any time of the day. At least I am still in the City of New York and not is some suburb.

Quote:
Wow. You have been a member of this respectable board for so long? That alone must make you an expert and require my respect. Sorry.

It's simple only to someone from New Jersey. To New Yorkers "the boros" are an integral part of New York City, part of its heritage, culture and identity. There would be no New York as we know it without Brooklyn or the Bronx. Anybody FROM New York knows that the Mets, Yankees, US Open or Coney Island are all staples of NYC culture and urban experience. Park Slope and Williamsburg in Brooklyn are some of the most happening and culturally active neighborhoods in all of New York City. Hudson county? Who cares about it in New York? It's not and never been a part of the city or its culture.

Of course, to someone from New Jersey "wealthy neighborhoods" is the most important aspects of the urban experience. If so, I can prove to you that Williamsburg in Brooklyn is more desirable, hence expensive, than any "wealthy neighborhood" in Hudson county

Stay in the 'burbs kid. You'd get lost in the city you don't understand
Quote:
Maryland? Ha ha. Kid from the burbs gets offended when reminded he lives in the burbs
Quote:
For you it's not. You're in Queens. You are in the five boros. For somebody from Poughkeepsie, White Plains or Jersey City, the city means The City Of New York.
When folks say they "go to the city" and they are out of town/out of state they mean the entire city of New York.

Entire Hudson County? ha ha Have you ever been to Secaucus, East Newark, Harrison, Kearny or Bayonne??? ha ha. You think they have anything in common with the city of new York or Manhattan?
Wrong. The city is and perhaps will always be Manhattan. You claim NY, so how do you know what out-of-towners think? That's our category remember? You're slippin

Quote:
No. You are the entertainer here.
1) New York City in general is one of the most expensive places on the planet.
2) Neighborhoods like Park Slope and Williamsburg in Brooklyn or Forrest Hills in Queens, to list just a few, are more expensive per square foot than anything in New Jersey.
3) Bergen County includes such urban gems as Hackensack, Garfield or Lodi. Do you think anybody would consider them a step up unless they come from a real ghetto?
Wrong. Ever heard of Alpine, NJ?

Quote:
My point is that some folks here try to potray Hudson County as one huge Jersey City/Hoboken type urbanity while even most of JC is not that nice and most of Hudson county is not that urban. Some parts of Hudson County especially those bordering Newark are run down. Where is that huge mall in SI?
Hudson County is the densest county in the densest state in the country. Hudson county is more urban than you'll ever understand.

JC rivals large portions of the outer-boroughs as far as neighborhoods are concerned.

Quote:
So what that Bergen County is one of the wealthiest? Who ever heard about Bergen County? What is located there beside the mall in Paramus? Where is the culture in Bergen County?

On the other hand The Bronx is a world wide famous boro of New York, birth place of world wide popular rap music and home of the New York Yankees. It is always been a boro with some beautiful and superexpensive neighborhoods.
The **** up KONY. Even w/ your spawns you just don't have many allies.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:22 PM

2,646 posts, read 4,997,757 times
I'll say it again..................... NY'ers seem to put a lot of time & energy into not caring about New Jersey.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:25 PM

654 posts, read 1,102,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
I'll say it again..................... 1 NYer seems to put a lot of time & energy into not caring about New Jersey.
Fixed.

Lol KONY gave himself up, I didn't even see that.

1,673 posts, read 5,528,194 times
What about Cary, NC?

Cary = Containment Area for Relocated Yankees. No, I didn't make it up.

5,256 posts, read 11,602,095 times
Quote:

It's the most poverty stricken borough of NYC, known worldwide for it's crime ... and Bergen County is one of the wealthiest counties in the nation.
That's not necessarily "ignorant" bashing. The Bronx is the most poverty stricken borough in the city- True or False?
The Bronx is arguably the most significant borough (outside of Manhattan) as far a cultural exports go- Who's denying that?

What you've been doing has been ignorant, spiteful, and close minded.
I've yet bashed any part of NYC in dealing with your crap- You can't even admit Hudson County is at all "urban" - Let's say you're right, it's suburban, but is it not urban? Is it not economically and physically connected to the city more so than any other county outside of NYC?

No one's denying that it's NJ's- It will always be NJ, and there will never be a 6th borough. The "unofficial 6th boro" topic is just an observation that some NYers take way too seriously- And usually have shtty grammar when showing their "disappointment"

Old 12-08-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:

Oooohh okay. So your posts I quoted below don't count? (and if you look back early into the thread, you drew first blood w/ the bashing...check it out)

Quote:
First of all New Jersey has a big city: it's a nightmare called Newark and culture and mentaility of New Jersey is reflected in its present state.

Second, Queens as a county is more urban thank Hudson county. Unless, of course you measure urbanity by population density
Quote:
From cities like Newark and which in effect became abondoned dumps.
New Jersey does not know how to take care of its own cities and now wants to be a part of NYC
Quote:
Anggry? No. I just can't believe that the part of the state that ruined all of its cities and glorifies suburban life now all of a sudden wants to be the sixth boro...

PS. What's up with New Jersey? All of a sudden you seek urbanity? Part of this this utterly suburban state first wants to be called NYC's sixth boro and in another thread compare itself to the West Coast urban gem like San Francisco Did you guys inhale too much fumes on the turnpike or something?
Quote:
You just don't get it kid. The entire tri-state area is woven into NYC and JC/Hoboken or entire Hudson county is not any more special than Orange and Nassau Counties. JC/Hoboken is simply to small and insignificant considering the fact that Brooklyn and Queens are a three milion cities on its own. Based on size alone JC/Hoboken significance to NYC is marginal and NY state own Nassau county has already much stronger ties with the city than any other county in the region. Instead of dreaming to be a part of NYC cleanup your own Newark, Elizabeth and Irvington and be proud of your urban glory.

So say what you say, but don't be mad when we do the same. Man up will ya

Old 12-08-2010, 04:32 PM

654 posts, read 1,102,514 times
This is just so unnecessary, I've never seen someone go to such great lengths for something so insignificant and online at that.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:37 PM

152 posts, read 204,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post

Connection to mainland USA
Wow. Thank you. There is use for New Jersey after all

Quote:
Did you read this sentence before you posted it? You said Nassau county "of course it is suburban"...then you say..."it's not an endless suburbia". WTH?
It simply means that in Nassau County there is actually something besides the endless suburbia. There are beautiful beaches and parks. Any in Hudson county?

Quote:
Wrong. Ever heard of Alpine, NJ?
Yes. I have. Wanna compare prices per sq foot in Alpine and Williamsburg, Brooklyn?

Quote:
Hudson County is the densest county in the densest state in the country. Hudson county is more urban than you'll ever understand.
Of course. It is probably more urban than New York City itself. Or at least this is what you believe. You are from New Jersey. It shows

PS. Do you like South Park? Apparently it's creators don't like New Jersey and they are not even from new York It's a Jersey Thing (Season 14, Episode 9) - Full Episode Player - South Park Studios

Maybe you should tell them about the great Bergen and Hudson counties so they stop making fun off new Jersey, too?

Last edited by jobber23; 12-08-2010 at 04:46 PM..

Old 12-08-2010, 04:45 PM

Early on in the thread, jobber says this: The Sixth Boro titles has always been in posession of Palm Beach County, Florida. Palm Beach, Boca Raton and surrounding municipalities are full of ex-New Yorkers.that Palms Springs

And that's cool...BUT...there's a problem:

When you bring up the land mass known as NJ, he says one has nothing to do w/ the other.

BUT WAIT! Doesn't that contradict you ask? Sure does, b/c while Palm Springs may be a respectable contender outside the NE tri-state, it has PLENTY of 'ex-New-Yorkers'. BUT WAIT! Didn't jobber say that was the reason he chose Palm Springs as a 6th borough? Sure was.

BUT WHY?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem here is that jobber/Kony think that the term '6th boro' is meant literally. And it is not. Why? Because any fool knows that NYC consists of 5 boroughs.

So then why all the hoopla?

Because on c/d, some folks can't wrap their head around other ideas or perspectives not their own, and when it threatens their version of things they know no other outlet except to speak out. This often leads to contradictories, falsehoods, and downright incorrect information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or