U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-08-2010, 08:43 PM
 
Location: THE THRONE aka-New York City
3,012 posts, read 5,175,875 times
Reputation: 1143

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
I don't know about that. But I could see how you misinterpreted my statement.

I look at it this way Outer Borough from where? If I live in Brooklyn, in my case, Manhattan would be an Outer Borough from BK, right. It doesn't make much sense because the majority of the population doesn't live in Manhattan. AND geographically the center of NYC is Brooklyn/Queens boarders) If any thing people in Albany and Buffalo should be the ones saying "Outer Boroughs" Because we're not within the state.

My point was, people that's not in the NYC Metro Area (Especially no where in NYC) don't refer to other Boroughs as Outer Boroughs. Certainly no residents here refer to it's borough as an Outer Borough of Manhattan. Lol

If anything you get exactly where the person is from. "Bed-Stuy" - "Williamsburg" - "The Bronx" Etc.
Basically but it seems people who dont live in this city know it better than us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-08-2010, 08:52 PM
 
Location: THE THRONE aka-New York City
3,012 posts, read 5,175,875 times
Reputation: 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio248 View Post
Honestly, tommyc, I have agreed with you 100% until this point, but now you´re acting as silly as some of the other forumers.

.
SMH u were all buddy-buddy with them, i guess because you thought the jersians were being rational. And look how they expose themselves. lol. They claim im ignorant for my dislike of jersey but would turnaround and get all ignorant with nyc in this case the bronx

Jersey has the biggest stigma of any state in the United States Of America. Its often reffered to as the Armpit of America. That coupled with a severe lack of identity combined with hellhole-madmax-murdaCAp cities such as newark,trenton,camden.jersey city, AC. How a njersian such as mr 37 can rig on the X is beyond comprehension
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2010, 09:43 PM
 
Location: St Paul, MN - NJ's Gold Coast
5,256 posts, read 11,610,468 times
Reputation: 3072
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
SMH u were all buddy-buddy with them, i guess because you thought the jersians were being rational. And look how they expose themselves. lol. They claim im ignorant for my dislike of jersey but would turnaround and get all ignorant with nyc in this case the bronx

Jersey has the biggest stigma of any state in the United States Of America. Its often reffered to as the Armpit of America. That coupled with a severe lack of identity combined with hellhole-madmax-murdaCAp cities such as newark,trenton,camden.jersey city, AC. How a njersian such as mr 37 can rig on the X is beyond comprehension
Doesn't the Bronx have more rats than people?
Maybe with the highest poverty rates in the nation, highest obesity rates in NYC, and babies being pricked with dirty HIV needles in local clincs- The Bronx stigma has rubbed off on you, so you turn around (literally) and focus on NJ's "bad stigma"

I like the Bronx- I've said it over and over- But who's truly the pathetic one here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2010, 09:45 PM
 
2,758 posts, read 5,222,294 times
Reputation: 729
^^Yup, lol, but the diff between you (KONY/spawns) and him (StudLeath) is: He can say his piece and have it respected. You lost your respect twelve NJ forum invasions ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2010, 09:46 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,646 posts, read 5,001,366 times
Reputation: 2268
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
How a njersian such as mr 37 can rig on the X is beyond comprehension
^^^^ BAWHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one from New Jersey is trying to move to the Bronx. Be serious.
However, there are plenty of people in the Bronx saving & scraping together money hoping to buy a house in a good school district in New Jersey. I've seen it with my own eyes.

I know that makes you feel bad on the inside, but it's the truth.
If you grew up in a nice neighborhood in New Jersey, having to move to the Bronx is seen as a failure in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2010, 09:52 PM
 
2,758 posts, read 5,222,294 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
I don't know about that. But I could see how you misinterpreted my statement.

I look at it this way Outer Borough from where? If I live in Brooklyn, in my case, Manhattan would be an Outer Borough from BK, right. It doesn't make much sense because the majority of the population doesn't live in Manhattan. AND geographically the center of NYC is Brooklyn/Queens boarders) If any thing people in Albany and Buffalo should be the ones saying "Outer Boroughs" Because we're not within the state.

My point was, people that's not in the NYC Metro Area (Especially no where in NYC) don't refer to other Boroughs as Outer Boroughs. Certainly no residents here refer to it's borough as an Outer Borough of Manhattan. Lol

If anything you get exactly where the person is from. "Bed-Stuy" - "Williamsburg" - "The Bronx" Etc.
Quite frankly, the only true times I've heard the term 'outer-borough' was in Manhattan or on NY news networks (most of which are in Manhattan anyways)
Especially news traffic reports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2010, 09:55 PM
 
2,758 posts, read 5,222,294 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Doesn't the Bronx have more rats than people?
Maybe with the highest poverty rates in the nation, highest obesity rates in NYC, and babies being pricked with dirty HIV needles in local clincs- The Bronx stigma has rubbed off on you, so you turn around (literally) and focus on NJ's "bad stigma"

I like the Bronx- I've said it over and over- But who's truly the pathetic one here?
This is the part I will never understand. It's like this: "I will rag on NJ all day, but waitaminute....*gasp*...dare they rag on the Bronx?"

You can't be victim and assailant all at once. Pick a side and run w/ it.

It's like the man expects us to literally not say anything back lol. You should look at his post history on that matter, it's hilarious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2010, 10:00 PM
 
Location: THE THRONE aka-New York City
3,012 posts, read 5,175,875 times
Reputation: 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Doesn't the Bronx have more rats than people?
Maybe with the highest poverty rates in the nation, and the babies being pricked with dirty HIV needles in local clincs- The Bronx stigma has rubbed off on you, so you turn around and hate on NJ because of it.

I like the Bronx, why do you have to be so ignorantly arrogant?
See what i mean. For all that u can make a case for the whole nyc having a rat problem its not just the Bronx. But there isnt any part of the bronx worst than the worst parts of new jersey. I dont live in a part of the bronx that has to worry about poverty rates or babies getting stuck with HIV needles. Ne jersey should be the last place mentioning to anyone about a stigma. I could go for hours with that.

"and the babies being pricked with dirty HIV needles in local clincs"

come on.. really? lol These are the good guys people in this thread are siding with. And me and jobber are the ignorant ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
^^^^ BAWHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one from New Jersey is trying to move to the Bronx. Be serious.
However, there are plenty of people in the Bronx saving & scraping together money hoping to buy a house in a good school district in New Jersey. I've seen it with my own eyes.

I know that makes you feel bad on the inside, but it's the truth.
If you grew up in a nice neighborhood in New Jersey, having to move to the Bronx is seen as a failure in life.
Actually there are probably plenty of jersians that moved to the bronx just like theres plenty of people from all over that moved to the bronx. Judging the bronx over the SOUTH bronx is like judging new jersey over trenton and all the other bombed out and depleted areas of new jersey that are much worst than the bronx

If i get a home or a multimillion dollar condo in the north bronx, im a failure. Please shut up

Lol i guess there response would be the expected-I like the bronx, its just that your ignorance made me bring out my ignorance on the place lol

To infamous,N130,Ohio etc. look how they expose what i've already came to expect from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2010, 10:02 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,646 posts, read 5,001,366 times
Reputation: 2268
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Actually there are probably plenty of jersians that moved to the bronx
Keep telling yourself that....................
No one from New Jersey is moving to the Bronx. Let's deal with some sort of reality in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2010, 10:05 PM
 
2,758 posts, read 5,222,294 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post


Actually there are probably plenty of jersians that moved to the bronx just like theres plenty of people from all over that moved to the bronx. Judging the bronx over the SOUTH bronx is like judging new jersey over trenton and all the other bombed out and depleted areas of new jersey that are much worst than the bronx


To infamous,N130,Ohio etc. look how they expose what i've already came to expect from them.
Which you've done repeatedly.

I love how you're trying to gain allies through this new 'victim' role. A quick look through your post history will show how faux your 'innocent defense' is. lol good one though...definitely a good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top