U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-09-2010, 03:39 PM

2,585 posts, read 3,274,886 times

Advertisements

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ State you previous screen names please. So we can fully bask in the cornball nature that is you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 03:43 PM

5,262 posts, read 7,804,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobber23 View Post
That's right. Garfield is in Bergen but Bayonne, Kearny, Secaucus, Harrison and East Newark are all in Hudson. Do they look to you like another Hoboken or an extension of NYC? How?

You wanted the entire Hudson county to be called "the sixth boro" based just on example of Hoboken and JC. Isn't that a generalization or maybe you just do not see any difference between Harrison and Hoboken?
Did I say they looked like Hoboken? Did I say it was an "extension"? And when did I base the example just off Hoboken/JC? You're delusional.

My first comment was:
"Westchester County or Hudson County.

1st, why would a far flung city with no relation to NYC be considered a borough? 2nd, why could a city be a borough? Boroughs are counties."

Hudson County has crummy areas like the Bronx, Brooklyn, SI, and Queens has crummy areas... You make no sense whatsoever.
~
Anyway, you proved yourself a bigot.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:47 PM

115 posts, read 34,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Awww................... Hurt feelings?
The sheer abundance of garbage juice flowing on the streets of Manhattan is nauseating. Trash piled high on the sidewalk & the aroma of stale urine make for a lovely bouquet.
Lets not even get into the disgusting bedbug issue.

Me? Feelings hurt? Wha???

I'm sorry, but I live in the biggest (economically), most powerful, most "overhyped" and most captured city in the world by film.. do you really think I give a damn that you somehow "dissed" the magical isle of Manhattan by the "garbage juice" jab? If anything, I found it amusing.

Manhattan already has the perception of perfection, and is extremely "overhyped" (ie ridiculously popular) so I see no need to get offended or even defend Manhattan from your criticisms. Do you honestly think I care what you think of the city? LOL. Curse the "smelly/overrated/rat infested/roach infested/overpriced/congested[insert jab]" city up and down all day if you'd like, it just flies over everyones head.

Quite honesstly, it's boring being a New York booster because no amount of mudslinging towards the city will topple it from always being associated with #1 on this forum or in real life. NJ is the one in dire need of an image consultant, not New York. NYC's publicity machine does not need my help at all thank you very much.

At the end of the day, Manhattan has a superb perception which unfortunately can not be said about NJ which will always be on the recieving end of jokes.

Life is not fair but what can you do?

Old 12-09-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzyy View Post
Me? Feelings hurt? Wha???

I'm sorry, but I live in the biggest (economically), most powerful, most "overhyped" and most captured city in the world by film.. do you really think I give a damn that you somehow "dissed" the magical isle of Manhattan by the "garbage juice" jab? If anything, I found it amusing.

Manhattan already has the perception of perfection, and is extremely "overhyped" (ie ridiculously popular) so I see no need to get offended or even defend Manhattan from your criticisms. Do you honestly think I care what you think of the city? LOL. Curse the "smelly/overrated/rat infested/roach infested/overpriced/congested[insert jab]" city up and down all day if you'd like, it just flies over everyones head.

Quite honesstly, it's boring being a New York booster because no amount of mudslinging towards the city will topple it from always being associated with #1 on this forum or in real life. NYC's publicity machine does not need my help at all thank you very much.

At the end of the day, Manhattan has a superb perception which unfortunately can not be said about NJ which will always be on the recieving end of jokes.

Life is not fair but what can you do?
But truth & perception are hardly the same thing when dealing with reality. Come on man, be serious.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:59 PM

115 posts, read 34,922 times
Quote:
But truth & perception are hardly the same thing when dealing with reality. Come on man, be serious.
Yes, but throwing jabs at Manhattan is a waste of time unfortunately.

Since I've moved to NYC, I've traveled a lot and someone asks me where I live, I answer "SoHo.. New York City" and their eyes light up and I'm bombarded with questions (and not to sound elitest but envy)

My best friend lives in NJ travels the country and when she says she lives in NJ it is usally followed with a joke and being asked if she knows Snookie.

Again, why would I waste my time defending NYC? It doesn't need my help at all!

Old 12-09-2010, 04:00 PM

152 posts, read 121,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Did I say they looked like Hoboken? Did I say it was an "extension"? And when did I base the example just off Hoboken/JC? You're delusional.

My first comment was:
"Westchester County or Hudson County.

1st, why would a far flung city with no relation to NYC be considered a borough? 2nd, why could a city be a borough? Boroughs are counties."

Hudson County has crummy areas like the Bronx, Brooklyn, SI, and Queens has crummy areas... You make no sense whatsoever.
~
Anyway, you proved yourself a bigot.
A bigot? Why?

Old 12-09-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzyy View Post
Yes, but throwing jabs at Manhattan is a waste of time unfortunately.

Since I've moved to NYC, I've traveled a lot and someone asks me where I live, I answer "SoHo.. New York City" and their eyes light up and I'm bombarded with questions (and not to sound elitest but envy)

My best friend lives in NJ travels the country and when she says she lives in NJ it is usally followed with a joke and being asked if she knows Snookie.

Again, why would I waste time defending NYC? What a waste of time!
Enough said................................. Go away.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
NYC is perceived as the top city in the world. is this so far from the truth?

Old 12-09-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobber23 View Post
NYC is perceived as the top city in the world. is this so far from the truth?
I was talking about the specifics of MY previous post. Nice try though...............

Are you ever going to come clean & reveal the numerous troll screen names you've gone by?
If not, you should go away.
I see you.
It's obvious, it's sad, it's pathetic.
What are you scared of?

Old 12-09-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I was talking about the specifics of MY previous post. Nice try though...............
It's not a nice try but simply pointing out the absurdity of your post. percpection in in big part based on reality. Unless you are dlusional.

Talking abotu dellusional:

Quote:
Are you ever going to come clean & reveal the numerous troll screen names you've gone by?
If not, you should go away.
I see you.
It's obvious, it's sad, it's pathetic.
What are you scared of?
Have you taken your pills today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City