U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 10:16 PM

4,861 posts, read 5,625,484 times

Advertisements

Yonkers..followed by hudson county
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 10:21 PM

152 posts, read 194,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Yes. 100% true. NYC forces it's negative realties onto NJ, and then laughs at NJ for it.

It's so silly. Luckily MOST intelligent people who have visited NJ can understand the reality of what NJ is -- it is the nice, leafy suburbs of NYC, with many miles of ocean coastline.

Drizzer - it is really bizarre how NYC has a glamorous image WORLDWIDE, but it's SUBURBS (NJ) are held in such low regard. It is mind boggling, actually.
You have to be from New Jersey to come with nonsese like this:

A) This ugly NYC forces its negative realities on NJ Are you for real?

B) New Jersey as leafy neighborhoods? How about New Jersey realities of Newark, Harrison, East Newark, Elizabeth, Irvington and many other localities famous for crime?
How about the realities of a state with no decent city, no decent art life? How come the richest state in the nation is very cheap when it comes to spending on anything else than roads and malls?

C) Is it bizarre than the city is much more glamorus than its suburbs? Show me where it is otherwise? Tell me you don't see any difference between the city's and the burbs input to national culture, media and business?

What is bizarre to me that just across the river you can find people with such a minimal understanding of the world as to ask these kind of questions. . Remember that NYC goverbnment spends on culture and art more than the federal government in the entire US. How is it possible that mentality across the Hudson is so different than in NYC?

Old 12-09-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
What about Todt Hill or Tottenville in Staten Island?

As most NJians/NYers on both side see you as a ignoramus... you keep going.
We do not need another Staten Island.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobber23 View Post
You have to be from New Jersey to come with nonsese like this:

A) This ugly NYC forces its negative realities on NJ Are you for real?

B) New Jersey as leafy neighborhoods? How about New Jersey realities of Newark, Harrison, East Newark, Elizabeth, Irvington and many other localities famous for crime?
How about the realities of a state with no decent city, no decent art life? How come the richest state in the nation is very cheap when it comes to spending on anything else than roads and malls?

C) Is it bizarre than the city is much more glamorus than its suburbs? Show me where it is otherwise? Tell me you don't see any difference between the city's and the burbs input to national culture, media and business?

What is bizarre to me that just across the river you can find people with such a minimal understanding of the world as to ask these kind of questions. . Remember that NYC goverbnment spends on culture and art more than the federal government in the entire US. How is it possible that mentality across the Hudson is so different than in NYC?
you're just hating on jersey... and I am not a big fan of Jersey by any means

Old 12-09-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
you're just hating on jersey... and I am not a big fan of Jersey by any means
Hating on New Jersey? What are you - five years old? I don't hate it I just don't like when someone sells me a BS titled New Jersey - state with leafy neighborhoods while I have seen the war zone called Newark and neighboors. Have you seen Irvinton? Camden? Elizabeth? Leafy neighborhoods my a**

Old 12-09-2010, 10:42 PM

10,171 posts, read 11,173,827 times
What is so damn interesting about this topic that it requires 335 posts to get the point across?

Old 12-09-2010, 10:43 PM

2,636 posts, read 4,735,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
What is so damn interesting about this topic that it requires 335 posts to get the point across?
Ask jobber & his obsession with all things New Jersey.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:46 PM

10,171 posts, read 11,173,827 times
jobber23, why the hate for New Jersey?

You realize New York City has marginal power if New Jersey wasn't there? $1.46 Trillion becomes $721 Billion (New York City + Long Island + Westchester + Putnam), and that's half of what it is now.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:54 PM

5,257 posts, read 11,016,833 times
Quote:
Hating on New Jersey? What are you - five years old? I don't hate it I just don't like when someone sells me a BS titled New Jersey - state with leafy neighborhoods while I have seen the war zone called Newark and neighboors. Have you seen Irvinton? Camden? Elizabeth? Leafy neighborhoods my a**
Newark-Camden-Elizabeth-Paterson-East Orange-Orange-Irvington= 798,021
798,021 = 9% of NJ's TOTAL population

All these cities make up 68 Square miles
68 square miles = 1% of NJ's total land mass.

NJ ranks #47 in poverty rates (#1 being the worst)
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
NY ranks #16....
-

NJ ranks #4 in education
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
NY ranks #10
-

NJ ranks 16th SAFEST state (with the lowest rate of rape in the nation)
WalletPop
NY ranks 15th (they're basically neck and neck in terms of safety, so NY must be a "war zone" too, going by your logic)

Last edited by Yac; 01-03-2011 at 08:10 AM..

Old 12-09-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Yes I have and yes you are hating... you are upset because some are trying to paint it one way(leafy and peaceful), so you try to paint as the opposite( urban and a war zone). truth is New Jersey is very diverse and can be either depeding on where you are...very diverse indeed ( alot like our wonderful city)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City