Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 04:55 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,270,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobber23 View Post
Maybe so but they are all connected by the best in the nation transportation system and hardly examples of the so-called "car culture" hence very different then Hudson County. Here goes your sixth boro claim...
I know, all of those Staten Islanders are so reliant on public transportation. They don't use their cars at all! (rolling eyes)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 04:58 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,270,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
I love manhattan and have family/friends in manhattan went from elementary school through highschool in manhattan. All i know is manhattan. But this post is retarded

NYC is a real city with real natives from all over the five boroughs. A manhattan native isnt any better than a bronx,brooklyn,queens native.lol

We know this, because there are people who live in affluent neighborhoods in the other boroughs(born and raised) who could just as easily afford a space in manhattan---without a ROOMATE. Lmao. I expect more from you Oy. You actually think that.

Your friend was probably one of those people who think manhattan starts at 96 street. lol. I could be living in wash heights with a manhattan address, does that make me a superior native than someone who lives in park slope. Stfup
Oh - I thought all NYers agreed with you. I was surprised to see a NYer disagree with you. He must not be a "real NYer"

Old 12-09-2010, 05:03 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,876,908 times
Seeing all the North Jersey/NY people whine and blow up this thread just proves to me that you're really all the same. I guess that's irony for the haters/homers.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:18 PM

650 posts, read 1,327,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
Seeing all the North Jersey/NY people whine and blow up this thread just proves to me that you're really all the same. I guess that's irony for the haters/homers.
It's all the same people, maybe I'm not surprised since I live in our "one happy little region" (*waits for crazy response*).

People are really taking this 6th borough thing way too far, first of all it's nothing official. And you cannot tell me that Hudson County wouldn't be the perfect candidate since it's the most borough-like.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:01 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Oh - I thought all NYers agreed with you. I was surprised to see a NYer disagree with you. He must not be a "real NYer"
Oy actually is not a real new yorker. Apparently hes a transplant that has lived here for X amount of years with a roomate from manhattan

PSA- Nothing against ya(transplants i mean, ya help make this city what it is). Shout out to the transplants that understand the real dynamics of the city beyond manhattan though

Old 12-09-2010, 06:19 PM

151 posts, read 300,744 times
Quote:

When you get down to the root of it, it really makes you scratch your head as to how NJ is viewed by the rest of the US.
Four words: New York media elite

(often transplants from Ohio, Kansas, Oregon who've "made it" and developed a troubling sense of superiority to everything and everyone else because of their address). Read the Manhattan-centric blogs such as Gawker, NYMag and Curbed, for instance.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:35 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,931,071 times
Quote:
Why has the media continuously and actively chosen to perpetuate those tired stereotypes over the past 30 years or so?
Because New York City controls many, if not most, aspects of the media nationwide and everyone needs a scapegoat.
I blame the New York media for New Jersey's poor reputation as well as Philadelphia's. It was never more evident during the MLB playoffs this year when at Yankee Stadium a fan ran on the field with the intention of harming A-Rod, beer bottles and debris were thrown into the Rangers bullpen, Cliff Lee's wife was spat on and "al-co-ho-lic" chants were directed at Josh Hamilton and there was barely a blurb on any National sports networks. If it was in Philadelphia, the stories would still be running.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:36 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,449,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
We know this, because there are people who live in affluent neighborhoods in the other boroughs(born and raised) who could just as easily afford a space in manhattan---without a ROOMATE. Lmao. I expect more from you Oy. You actually think that.

Your friend was probably one of those people who think manhattan starts at 96 street. lol. I could be living in wash heights with a manhattan address, does that make me a superior native than someone who lives in park slope. Stfup
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely have to agree with you on this one!

Old 12-09-2010, 09:03 PM

152 posts, read 250,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N130 View Post
It's all the same people, maybe I'm not surprised since I live in our "one happy little region" (*waits for crazy response*).

People are really taking this 6th borough thing way too far, first of all it's nothing official. And you cannot tell me that Hudson County wouldn't be the perfect candidate since it's the most borough-like.
Sure, sure. Have you ever seen most of Hudson county? What exactly is boro like in Kearny, East Newark or Secaucus?

Old 12-09-2010, 09:09 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobber23 View Post
Sure, sure. Have you ever seen most of Hudson county? What exactly is boro like in Kearny, East Newark or Secaucus?

What about Todt Hill or Tottenville in Staten Island?

As most NJians/NYers on both side see you as a ignoramus... you keep going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City