U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: CITY VS CITY
Chicago 115 43.07%
New York 152 56.93%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 08:11 AM

177 posts, read 284,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio248 View Post
I guess the delusional boosterism is in full effect.

Chicago is now comparable to NYC, Paris, London and Tokyo, according to some boosters!

I must have missed the strip malls, gas stations and parking lots in Central Paris. I must have missed the vast abandoned dead zones and killing fields covering 60% of the city, like the South and West Sides of Chicago.

And, hey, Schaumburg is basically like Versailles, correct?

Since you're comparing with cities many times the size and prominence of Chicago, you totally agree that it's fair to compare Chicago to Milwaukee and Indianapolis, correct?

Because Indy is far closer to Chicago than Chicago is to Tokyo.
I love how you put words in others mouths to try to make your own arguments seem more plausible. Thats exactly what someone does when they know they are completely off-base, or they are just a complete idiot. Either way, keep it coming. Im sure you'll still try to get on this site from the mental asylum youre headed to, LOL.

Watching you argue in the face of all the facts presented (prestigious magazine world rankings etc), is basically a microcosm of all your attempts to make Chicago look like a crappy irrelevant hellhole. You just cant win, and your persistence makes you look insane.

Last edited by roboto; 12-23-2010 at 08:27 AM..

Old 12-23-2010, 08:15 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,067,354 times
^^ NYC would be a great city...if it didn't contain people like him ha ha

Old 12-23-2010, 08:23 AM

^But NYC IS a great city. I love it, its really second to none in the world almost across the board. Theres no disputing that. But its the people not even from that city, trying to crap on other important and awesome cities to make themselves seem big and cool somehow, that's the problem.

This guy is some sucker probably from the midwest, from some unimportant industrial town most likely, forever jealous of the awesomeness of Chicago, who needs to use NYC as his base to stand on so he can finally look down on one of the greatest cities of the world. Instead of being prideful that Chicago is a great midwest city, he has lost his identity and tries to latch on the identity of a larger more influential city, to make himself seem cool and important. Its incredibly lame, and once he realizes how lost he is, he will require substantial therapy sessions to get his mind back.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:07 AM

759 posts, read 945,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboto View Post
Instead of being prideful that Chicago is a great midwest city, he has lost his identity and tries to latch on the identity of a larger more influential city, to make himself seem cool and important. Its incredibly lame, and once he realizes how lost he is, he will require substantial therapy sessions to get his mind back.
LOL, nice job trying to change the subject! I guess the boosters have run out of rebuttals.

I never said Chicago wasn't an important Midwestern city. In fact, I'm really glad you mentioned this!

Again, Chicago is an important Midwestern city! Say it a few times and maybe you'll be shocked back to reality! Rust Belt reality, for once!

Then maybe we won't have to endure the "Chicago is a global financial center", "Chicago is comparable to Tokyo", "River North is just like Midtown", "NYC and Chicago are the same because they have Mexicans" nonsense!

Old 12-23-2010, 11:22 AM

13 posts, read 9,741 times
Quote:

I would suggest you seek an optomitrist.

River North has parking lots, strip malls, a suburban-style McDonalds, drive-through banks, etc. Every new building contains a giant parking podium. An elevated line runs through the neighborhood. Does this sound like Midtown?

River North isn't remotely comparable to Midtown.

Or maybe you're using the faulty logic previously used on this thread. "NYC and Chicago both have Mexicans, so they are alike". "River North and Midtown both have buildings, roads, and people, so they are alike".
Well, they both have Starbucks.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:40 AM

721 posts, read 903,920 times
Quote:
LOL, nice job trying to change the subject! I guess the boosters have run out of rebuttals.

I never said Chicago wasn't an important Midwestern city. In fact, I'm really glad you mentioned this!

Again, Chicago is an important Midwestern city! Say it a few times and maybe you'll be shocked back to reality! Rust Belt reality, for once!

Then maybe we won't have to endure the "Chicago is a global financial center", "Chicago is comparable to Tokyo", "River North is just like Midtown", "NYC and Chicago are the same because they have Mexicans" nonsense!
You've been preaching the same rhetoric for what, two years now? I could go look through the post made by Osito, Euros1, Dementor, and now Ohio and find your current post all saying the exact same thing. If you wanted to last a little longer, you should have come up with some new material...but you don't have any

Old 12-23-2010, 11:48 AM

In Ohio248's world:

person with solid grasp of reality = booster.

disgruntled jealous midwesterner with biased agenda to try to showcase all perceived negative aspects of Chicago in hopes to discredit it as a world class city, even though it is consistently ranked by renowned organizations and in prestigous magazines as a top ten world city = himself.

LOL, what a joke he is.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:09 PM

12,395 posts, read 13,450,766 times
By the way if anybody is interested Z/Yen is running the data sets now that City of London e.g. City of London used to run.
Noticeable is the *strong* growth from the Asian cities, particularly Shanghai.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:27 PM

13 posts, read 9,741 times
Folks, Ohio248 is a troll. Laugh at him, enjoy his posts, but don't let him get to you. He is for amusement only. Don't feed the trolls!!!!

Old 12-24-2010, 12:46 AM

759 posts, read 945,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dncr View Post
You've been preaching the same rhetoric for what, two years now? I could go look through the post made by Osito, Euros1, Dementor, and now Ohio and find your current post all saying the exact same thing.
I've been on City Data for maybe two months, genius. Three months tops.

I don't speak for anyone else, and don't know or care about other folks you disagree with.

Apparently you have no argument whatsover, and just change the subject with irrelevent nonsense. Just endless, mindless boosterism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dncr View Post
If you wanted to last a little longer, you should have come up with some new material...but you don't have any
I follow the City Data guidelines. I also follow the thread topics. I suggest you do the same.

As for material, you don't seem to be able to rebutt anything whatsoever. You just go off topic with nonsense about folks who dissed you years ago on C-D. Boo-hoo.

Back on thread topic-

Chicago and NYC aren't remotely comparable. No, a presence of Mexicans don't make them comparable.

Chicago and Paris aren't remotely comparable. No, Schaumburg isn't quite Versailles.

Chicago and Tokyo aren't remotely comparable. Not too many bombed-out ghettos in Tokyo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City