Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which U.S. city has the best skyline?
Atlanta 31 4.45%
Dallas 34 4.88%
Houston 37 5.31%
Miami 26 3.73%
New York 214 30.70%
Boston 11 1.58%
Philadelphia 31 4.45%
Pittsburgh 23 3.30%
Chicago 206 29.56%
San Francisco 27 3.87%
Los Angeles 24 3.44%
Seattle 33 4.73%
Voters: 697. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 01:02 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,172,944 times

Advertisements

Philly's skyline is similar to Minneapolis skyline and give them a tie.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:04 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
You think Atlanta is above Philly? Nonsense, Atlantas skyline is horrendous from most angles. Philly, Boston, even Denver and Minneapolis and Cincinatti have more attractive skylines in my opinion.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:09 AM

Atlanta has a nice skyline. If you don't think so then Miami and Chicago don't.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:12 AM

Miami and Chicago are two of my personal favorites. Atlanta looks nothing like either of those skylines.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:37 AM

Remember, Midtown, Uptown and downtown together, Atlanta has a great skyline. That's how I feel. Yep, they don't look alike but are still great.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:39 AM

I also like San Jose's skyline, especially when you drive parallel to its skyline on Highway 87. It's even just as good as Philly's, which is my own opinion and others, too.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:12 AM

Well in that case, Houston's skyline includes dowtown, uptown, TMC, and Greenway Plaza (possibly Memorial city and other skylines) Aren't we just talking about downtown?

Old 04-06-2011, 02:36 AM

38 posts, read 53,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Why do people always say bigger skylines are better?

NYC is just a clump of buildings with no real beauty. You have to go into the pile of buildings to find the gems.

Chicago's you can see the gems at a glance.
Hahaha, just because you personally think Chicago's skyline looks better doesn't make it so. IMO, NYC is bigger and better. Look @ the results. I think lots just say Chicago is better because come on now, because people feel bad for Chicago always taking a back seat to NYC which many are sick and tired of winning everything and we gotta throw that declining city a bone, lol.

I just got back from Chicago AND NY about two weeks ago.

In the daytime, Chicago's skyline looks plain. NYC's was better. Maybe I watch too many movies, but it just seemed more iconic and amazing. Better perspectives too from the washington bridge, ferries, hills to the north/staten island. Nicer landscape from the buffs than flatazz Chicago.

In the nightime going to from O'hare to LaGuardia, it was no competition. We flew over Chicago and nobody cared. I took a look and I closed my window. The only thing that stuck out to me was the top of the Willis lit up green. It's an ugly building, but the height is good. In comparison, We flew over Manhattan really late and my side of the plane was agasp with admirers gawking at Manhattan" wow look!" + "omgs" + "omg daddy is that the empire state building!!?". You could see the statue of liberty, the Empire State looked beautiful, like a lit up Popsicle in yellow and blue, massive amounts of buildings and the bright lights blazing from Times Square and tons of lit up brides everywhere. It was the coolest thing.

NYC by a mile

Also, Chicago feels/looks NOTHING like NYC with those extra wide, boring looking streets. Where does the comparison come from?

Last edited by NotoriousLA; 04-06-2011 at 02:51 AM..

Old 04-06-2011, 03:43 AM

635 posts, read 1,540,982 times
With San Frans new Bay Terminal project and the City of Angeles Grand Center and Wilshire Grand I project planned... California is set to take the stage for the premier skyline of the United States of America!!!.......

But for now its Chicago for me. New York when they get their Hudson skyline on track.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:18 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,198,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousLA View Post
Hahaha, just because you personally think Chicago's skyline looks better doesn't make it so. IMO, NYC is bigger and better. Look @ the results. I think lots just say Chicago is better because come on now, because people feel bad for Chicago always taking a back seat to NYC which many are sick and tired of winning everything and we gotta throw that declining city a bone, lol.

I just got back from Chicago AND NY about two weeks ago.

In the daytime, Chicago's skyline looks plain. NYC's was better. Maybe I watch too many movies, but it just seemed more iconic and amazing. Better perspectives too from the washington bridge, ferries, hills to the north/staten island. Nicer landscape from the buffs than flatazz Chicago.

In the nightime going to from O'hare to LaGuardia, it was no competition. We flew over Chicago and nobody cared. I took a look and I closed my window. The only thing that stuck out to me was the top of the Willis lit up green. It's an ugly building, but the height is good. In comparison, We flew over Manhattan really late and my side of the plane was agasp with admirers gawking at Manhattan" wow look!" + "omgs" + "omg daddy is that the empire state building!!?". You could see the statue of liberty, the Empire State looked beautiful, like a lit up Popsicle in yellow and blue, massive amounts of buildings and the bright lights blazing from Times Square and tons of lit up brides everywhere. It was the coolest thing.

NYC by a mile

Also, Chicago feels/looks NOTHING like NYC with those extra wide, boring looking streets. Where does the comparison come from?
Nice attempt at trolling.

Lol at wider streets automatically making a place more boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City