Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 07:04 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,774,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
Just wondered if anyone else thinks KCI is the worst airport terminal in the country? Honestly its' configuration was so screwed up I couldn't stand it.
The worst by a mile...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 07:11 PM

443 posts, read 598,852 times
Wait, I just flew out of Cincinatti last night, and thought it was the absolute worst airport ever. I flew out of the US airs terminal and it was beyond outdated. Very tight terminal, gates all close together, they didn't even have digital boards, 2 urinals in the bathroom (for an airport!), horrible lighting, and I could go on. I was surprised that terminal was in a major metro region's airport.

I like Cincy. City has character. Then flew into Charlotte..............................Don't get me started.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:16 PM

14,649 posts, read 14,566,494 times
I think Kansas City is a highly underrated city.
It has as much history as Cincy or its cross-state neighbor St. Louis, unique identity (such as its fountains), cuisine (KC BBQ), and is probably the most significant contributor to jazz & blues music outside New Orleans and Chicago. It also has incredible, mostly unknown museums such as the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art and the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:49 PM

131 posts, read 319,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKrab View Post
Wait, I just flew out of Cincinatti last night, and thought it was the absolute worst airport ever. I flew out of the US airs terminal and it was beyond outdated. Very tight terminal, gates all close together, they didn't even have digital boards, 2 urinals in the bathroom (for an airport!), horrible lighting, and I could go on. I was surprised that terminal was in a major metro region's airport.

I like Cincy. City has character. Then flew into Charlotte..............................Don't get me started.

The Cincinnati airport's Concourse B (Terminal 3) which is used exclusively by Delta is much more spacious and modern than the cramped Terminal 2 which you were in.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:30 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,453,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I think Kansas City is a highly underrated city.
It has as much history as Cincy or its cross-state neighbor St. Louis, unique identity (such as its fountains), cuisine (KC BBQ), and is probably the most significant contributor to jazz & blues music outside New Orleans and Chicago. It also has incredible, mostly unknown museums such as the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art and the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum.
It is underrated, Anthony Bourdain has been filming in KC all week and an all KC episode of No Reservations will be airing sometime this spring. That is a pretty high honor considering larger cities like Philly,Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, MSP, or St Louis have not had their own show. He loves the BBQ here

Old 09-12-2014, 05:57 PM

639 posts, read 760,294 times
I think KC and Cincy have more similarities than differences, size, look, culture.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:55 PM

9,657 posts, read 9,296,262 times
City Proper- Cincinnati
Suburban Areas- Kansas City
Natural Attractions- Cincinnati
Local cuisine- Cincinnati, very many upscale local options. Not even close.
Infrastructure/Transportation- Neither, but Kansas City is much easier to get around and more walkable. Cincinnati has the better airport, as well as two additional commercial airports in close proximity (Dayton, Louisville).
Economy- Cincinnati
Tourism- Cincinnati
Architecture- Cincinnati
Higher Education- Cincinnati
Shopping- Kansas City
Sports- Tie
Friendliness of People- Kansas City
Film/music/media- Tie
Diversity- Neither city is particularly diverse, but Kansas City is more diverse.
Nightlife- No clue
Housing Stock- Cincinnati offers a wide array of styles and architecture. The homes have attitude just like the people lol.
Name recognition/Prestige- Cincinnati

Although both cities are close in size and located in the Midwest, they are different in feel and culture. They both have their pros and cons, but I think Cincinnati wins here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City