U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2010, 04:00 PM

Location: I live in the Seattle neighborhood of Belltown. I live in a nice building called Mosler Lofts.
174 posts, read 518,378 times

Advertisements

What is the best college town/city in the United States?

Madison, Wisconsin - University of Wisconsin Badgers
Boulder, Colorado - University of Colorado Buffalos
Athens, Georgia - University of Georgia Bulldogs
Austin, Texas - University of Texas Longhorns
Oxford, Mississippi - University of Mississippi Rebels
Lawrence, Kansas - University of Kansas Jayhawks
Fayetteville, Arkansas - University of Arkansas Razorbacks
Fort Collins, Colorado - Colorado State University Rams
Lincoln, Nebraska - University of Nebraska Cornhuskers
Iowa City, Iowa - University of Iowa Hawkeyes
Provo, Utah - Brigham Young University Cougars
Pullman, Washington - Washington State University Cougars
Corvallis, Oregon - Oregon State University Beavers
South Bend, Indiana - Notre Dame University Fighting Irish
Ann Arbor, Michigan - University of Michigan Wolverines
East Lansing, Michigan - Michigan State University Spartans
Knoxville, Tennessee - University of Tennessee Volunteers
Chapel Hill, North Carolina - University of North Carolina Tar Heels
Clemson, South Carolina - Clemson University Tigers
Blacksburg, Virginia - Virginia Tech University Hokies
Charlottsville, Virginia - University of Virginia Cavaliers
New Brunswick, New Jersey - Rutgers University Scarlet Knights
State College, Pennsylvania - Penn State University
College Station, Texas - Texas A&M University Aggies
Storrs, Connecticut - University of Connecticut Huskies
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 04:24 PM

9,969 posts, read 14,560,712 times
How'd you include Corvallis, OR and Pullman, WA on that list but not Eugene, OR!? BCS title game, baby! Let's go Ducks!!

Anyways my pick would by Eugene, OR, Boulder, CO, or Santa Barbara/Isla Vista, CA....

Old 12-10-2010, 04:52 PM

Location: I live in the Seattle neighborhood of Belltown. I live in a nice building called Mosler Lofts.
Hopefully the Ducks don't choke again. The Ducks need to win this game because in the past they have never been able to win a national championship or win a rose bowl. If the Ducks don't beat Auburn then the "O" on the Ducks helmet will continue to stand for 0 national championships and 0 rose bowl wins. If the Ducks do beat Auburn then I can dismiss and forget about the fact that Oregon has never won a rose bowl game. Oregon always chokes and can never win the big game or close the deal and finish strong. The only time Oregon ever really finished a season good was when the Ducks beat Colorado in the Fiesta Bowl back when they had Joey Harrington. That was the best they have ever done and the only time they have ever actually finished a season strong instead of just getting duck fans all excited and then going out and finishing the season by getting beat once again. So if I was an Oregon fan I would try and be quiet until my team actually won a national championship or a rose bowl and for once actually had a good season from start to finish. Key word there being finish. The Ducks need to for once finish the season strong. Just flirting with a national championship or just flirting with a rose bowl victory is not good enough. You have to actually win those games to be considered special and great. Atleast Oregon State won a National Championship in Baseball and can say that they have actually finished a season strong and closed the deal with something. I did not attend Oregon State so please don't think that. I attended and graduated from the University of Florida. So I am a Florida Gator.

Last edited by SeattleBoy98121; 12-10-2010 at 05:05 PM..

Old 12-10-2010, 05:00 PM

766 posts, read 1,849,298 times
Northfield MN, a town of about 17,000 with two liberal arts colleges (Carleton and St. Olaf), and tons of great restaurants and shops for such a small town.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:07 PM

AGuyFromCleveland18 - Way to be original. I had never even heard of those schools. Thanks for your take.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:15 PM

18,509 posts, read 28,091,905 times
I am not a fan of College Towns, but I would go for Chapel Hill or Clemson

Old 12-10-2010, 05:20 PM

42 posts, read 51,363 times
Boulder and Charlottsville.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:51 PM

404 posts, read 466,014 times
Lawrence, KS chea

Old 12-10-2010, 05:55 PM

9,969 posts, read 14,560,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBoy98121 View Post
Hopefully the Ducks don't choke again. The Ducks need to win this game because in the past they have never been able to win a national championship or win a rose bowl. If the Ducks don't beat Auburn then the "O" on the Ducks helmet will continue to stand for 0 national championships and 0 rose bowl wins. If the Ducks do beat Auburn then I can dismiss and forget about the fact that Oregon has never won a rose bowl game. Oregon always chokes and can never win the big game or close the deal and finish strong. The only time Oregon ever really finished a season good was when the Ducks beat Colorado in the Fiesta Bowl back when they had Joey Harrington. That was the best they have ever done and the only time they have ever actually finished a season strong instead of just getting duck fans all excited and then going out and finishing the season by getting beat once again. So if I was an Oregon fan I would try and be quiet until my team actually won a national championship or a rose bowl and for once actually had a good season from start to finish. Key word there being finish. The Ducks need to for once finish the season strong. Just flirting with a national championship or just flirting with a rose bowl victory is not good enough. You have to actually win those games to be considered special and great. Atleast Oregon State won a National Championship in Baseball and can say that they have actually finished a season strong and closed the deal with something. I did not attend Oregon State so please don't think that. I attended and graduated from the University of Florida. So I am a Florida Gator.
It ain't where you're from but where you're at...Oregon football was the crappy underachievers of the Pac-10 for a long time. It really hasn't been until the last decade the Ducks have had teams that were even close to contention for a national championship. That being said, only a fool would dismiss Oregon's season this year...They've been one of the most offensively dominant teams in recent college football history. Yeah, the Gators have won 3 championships--all in the last 15 years, but this season you went 7-5. Have fun in the Outback Bowl!

Anyways, Eugene is great college town in the west. Oregon State won a baseball championship, but unfortunately no one cares about college baseball. Pullman, Washington is a boring town for future wheat farmers who want a college education. And yes the Ducks have won a Rose Bowl---back in 1917...

Old 12-10-2010, 06:04 PM

404 posts, read 466,014 times
lol Pullman WA is in the running? Wow. Not really. Ow WSU fans unite. Wait what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or