U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 08:24 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,697,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
So basically, your opinions of other cities are all valid; however, when someone else presents facts about another city, they are considered insane? In your post that I responded to, you mentioned that some people "lean on old misconceptions". Don't you think your opinion of Phoenix is just a misconception? If it's OK for you to have an opinion, why isn't it OK for others?

BTW, what do you consider the bashing that Phoenix or other sunbelt cities get? Deserved "dumping"? Do you even read CD?

Again, I did not BASH on Phoenix ... something you're aware of. I'm not certain what angle you're coming from, but it's NOT working! Yes, opinions are acceptable ... but outright and blatant "misinformation" that is continuously spread around this site about Cleveland is quite rampant ... but then, I should not have to remind you of this ... right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 08:26 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,700,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDBaumgardner View Post
Again, I did not BASH on Phoenix ... something you're aware of. I'm not certain what angle you're coming from, but it's NOT working! Yes, opinions are acceptable ... but outright and blatant "misinformation" that is continuously spread around this site about Cleveland is quite rampant ... but then, I should not have to remind you of this ... right?
Have you ever been to Phoenix?

Old 12-16-2010, 08:26 PM

7,732 posts, read 11,763,776 times
Quote:
Well, again, I don't see Continental's "possible" departure as bringing about the absolute destruction of an entire city ... in the same way a departure of Delta Airlines leaving Atlanta, would certainly NOT destroy that city ...
And just exactly where did I say that United closing the Cleveland hub would result in this?

As far as Delta is concerned, that will NEVER happen here. This IS their global HQ's, as you well know.

Don't even THINK about bringing Atlanta into this conversation.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:31 PM

5,361 posts, read 7,050,845 times
Quote:
Angle? There is no angle.

No, of course you didn't bash on Phoenix just like others do not bash on Cleveland. You have your opinions and other people have theirs. There are no facts, just opinions. Your opinion of Phoenix is no misconception nor misinformation (just wealthy retirees and a few extraordinary resorts in the foothills - ) just like other people's opinions of other cities including Cleveland are no misconceptions.

There you have it. We'll just leave it at that.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Angle? There is no angle.

No, of course you didn't bash on Phoenix just like others do not bash on Cleveland. You have your opinions and other people have theirs. There are no facts, just opinions. Your opinion of Phoenix is no misconception (just wealthy retirees and a few extraordinary resorts in the foothills) just like other people's opinions of other cities including Cleveland are no misconceptions.

There you have it. We'll just leave it at that.

Touche' ... thanks!

Old 12-16-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
Have you ever been to Phoenix?

Yes, I've been to Phoenix on numerous occasions ... always enjoyed my sabbatical there.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Yes, I've been to Phoenix on numerous occasions ... always enjoyed my sabbatical there.
lol I was going to say something sarcastic but decided against it

Old 12-16-2010, 09:05 PM

Yep "dead" Detroit

http://photo.ewebengine.com/pictures/mirc/mls/28/210019528_0h.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-16-2010, 09:16 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,232,709 times
It probably would make most sense to limit the term "dead city" to cities that have become ghost towns or nearly so. Like Virginia City, Montana or Goldfield, Nevada. Maybe Cairo, Illinois too.

National Historic Landmarks Program (NHL)
The Goldfield Historical Society - Goldfield Nevada -Worlds Greatest Gold Camp
Singer Evokes Turbulent History of Cairo, Ill. : NPR

Old 12-16-2010, 09:32 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,843,186 times
Dying cities
New Orleans
Youngstown
Buffalo
Pittsburgh
Flint
Cleveland
Scranton
Charleston, WV
Dayton
Detroit

Numbers don't lie all these cities are still losing people at the metropolitan level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or