Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 08:45 AM

2,757 posts, read 5,643,675 times

Advertisements

Bay Area=Tesla Roadster (it's an electric sports car)

NYC=Bugatti Veyron [one of the best cars ever built and it basically excels in all categories (luxury, performance & handling, and speed) but mpg. There are only a few cars that can compete with it, it's the total package of cars]

Seattle=Subaru Forester (this screams Seattle)
San Jose=Mitsubishi Lancer
Boston=Aston Martin DB9 (a fast car that's not flashy looking but it still looks good)
New Orleans=Lotus Exige S (looks flashy on the outside but it's pretty basic on the inside)
Dallas=Mercedes-Benz E Class (http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/buying_guide/mercedes_benz/e_class/2010_mercedes_benz_e_class_sedan/2010_mercedes_benz_e_class_car_news/1446944-1-eng-US/2010_mercedes_benz_e_class_car_news_featured_item. jpg - broken link)
Miami=Lamborghini Gallardo (self explanatory)
L.A.=Porsche 911 (Not to knock LA but I don't really see the appeal in Porsches but a lot of people love it and that's all that matters)

Chicago=Dodge Viper SRT10 (loud, powerful, all-American, fast, and basic all rolled into one. It also has problem with its handling of things too)

Philly=Audi R8
Houston=BMW 7 Series
ATL=Maserati Granturismo (flashy but flawed at the same time. Love it or hate it)
DC=Jaguar XK (http://cdn-static.searchoptics.com/inventory_parser/uploads/2011/jaguar/xk/SAJWA4FC1BMB41482/320/2011-Jaguar-XK-1211702.jpg - broken link)
BMore-Saab 9-3
Cincy=Lincoln LS
Orlando=Volvo S80 (not flashy but it's great for the family and it'll keep the kids happy)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 09:23 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,738,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alleyne View Post
Chicago=Dodge Viper SRT10 (loud, powerful, all-American, fast, and basic all rolled into one. It also has problem with its handling of things too)
I keep hearing this myth about how the Dodge Viper can't handle well. Never mind that it set a new world record on the Nurburgring back in 2009 (7:22:10).

Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR sets Nurburgring track record (7:22:10)

And you can find a list of Dodge Viper racing achievements at the link embedded.

If it has a problem with handling, then it's because most people just don't know how to drive it properly, and they should probably stick to cars that have electronic stability control and a bunch of other gadgets to bail their asses out.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:46 AM

2,757 posts, read 5,643,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I keep hearing this myth about how the Dodge Viper can't handle well. Never mind that it set a new world record on the Nurburgring back in 2009 (7:22:10).

And you can find a list of Dodge Viper racing achievements at the link embedded.

If it has a problem with handling, then it's because most people just don't know how to drive it properly, and they should probably stick to cars that have electronic stability control and a bunch of other gadgets to bail their asses out.
I don't know man...Have you seen this video:

Ferrari vs Dodge Viper

I think that the Viper excels on a straight line but give me an R8, Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari and anything else if you were to race in the hilly/mountainous area. The Veyron would be the best for that I think.

EDIT: The Porsche 911 GT2's time at the Nurburgring was 7:18 but that's still impressive what the Dodge did back then. That's a really skilled driver though. Give me any other car though because I probably couldn't handle it.

Last edited by David Alleyne; 02-17-2011 at 11:08 AM..

Old 02-17-2011, 02:31 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,501,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alleyne View Post
I don't know man...Have you seen this video:

Ferrari vs Dodge Viper

I think that the Viper excels on a straight line but give me an R8, Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari and anything else if you were to race in the hilly/mountainous area. The Veyron would be the best for that I think.

EDIT: The Porsche 911 GT2's time at the Nurburgring was 7:18 but that's still impressive what the Dodge did back then. That's a really skilled driver though. Give me any other car though because I probably couldn't handle it.
Guys, guys... isn't there an automotive forum? Let's not derail the thread k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
I guess they're less fuel conscious in SJ compared to further up the bay?
Then general stereotype around the forums is that SJ is a dull, boring suburb city. Kinda like the stereotype that Detroit is all ghettos. Not necessarily true, but the stigma is still there.

I aslo have two questions about your list.

1. Ford F250 Hemi???

2. Why are all the cars dead common ones? You would think the common ones would be reserved for much smaller cities...

Old 02-18-2011, 01:35 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,172,612 times
San Diego: 560 sl mecedes conv.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:52 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by home of the stanky leg View Post
san jose would be a redneck sipping bud light in a ford pick up truck

I thought you lived in the redneck riviera?

Old 02-18-2011, 01:53 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,501,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by durf View Post
San Diego: 560 sl mecedes conv.
That seems more like an East coast car in my opinion, I would think Ferrari F430 Spyder for SD.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:15 AM

7,582 posts, read 10,769,325 times
I'm enjoying seeing the wide range of opinions about my hometown, Atlanta.

I find it funny that no one really agrees. We have hybrd, SUV, ritzy beamers, American mucle car, etc...

What I find interesting is I can totally think of areas around town where I would seriously consider applying these. These people are mentioning them for a reason despite their differences.

However, there is one thing I think hasn't been said. Atlanta's suburban population has alot of southern, conservative (and often stubborn) men. They want to have the biggest most powerful truck, even if they are just using it to drive to work and back. They are often the people making the longest drives and they do it with the least fuel efficient vehicles. When I think of many southern cities... I think of any bigger and more powerful than is needed or necessary pick up truck. I'm thinking F-250/350/450. I even have seen a few white collar commuters driving a huge jacked up F-850 that isn't even usable for hauling stuff. They just wanted something bigger.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:20 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,769 times
It would be a state owned vehicle that Gov. Jerry brown is going to take back, hehehe

Old 02-18-2011, 02:30 AM

617 posts, read 1,423,769 times
This is the car that comes to mind when thinking of SF:
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=546409354764&id=d02e08f95e38e3d9f 1c6ae0bb9682419&url=http%3a%2f%2fblog.thenewpop.co m%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2010%2f02%2fhippie-volkswagen.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City