Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 09:25 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,679,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
hmmm, Texas Baby:
the-10-worst-states-for-retirees: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance
California ranks as second-worst state for retirees - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/2010/12/14/3257930/california-ranks-as-second-worst.html - broken link)

California sucks for old people
A blessing us Californians count everyday.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:57 PM

908 posts, read 1,828,613 times
Tampa and Orlando.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:42 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,931,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
why did you have to get into it? I was having fun with Sweethomesanantonio who started this little debate.

So, rain is better than snow like they are having everywhere else. What's your point?
Sweethome is mine to torment not yours

Old 12-19-2010, 10:43 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,931,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
A blessing us Californians count everyday.
don't be sending us your old people. We spend enough shipping ours to the glue factories in Florida

Old 12-19-2010, 11:00 PM

10 posts, read 19,624 times
I honestly side with\ "New Yorkers: Superiority Complex. [Half the time; I don't think they realize they are being arrogant or annoying].

Texans: Overly prideful [Really it's just the older Texans]

California: Friendly as hell. [They just suffer from talking too damn much syndrome].

DC: Delusional. Only DC people would compare their city to entire states. ["DC is waaaay better than Texas"].

I have been to different states and have known transplants from other states. New Yorkers just dont get it. They are very arrogant and they know it.
Texans are down to earth people, bbqs all around! I loved them.
Oklahoma people are what is going on?
Oregonians wander through life but overall nice people.
New Mexicans are friendly but the further south you go closer to the border they feel they are owed something and want it they will steal it.
Arizona people mind thier own business.
Nevada people are friendly but will take your last dime.
Ohio people are snobbish
Californians just dont care if you a transplant here as long as you are a LEGAL citizen of the US and dont try to soak resources dry. Otherwise very friendly.
Maryland people, I loved them! So proud of their seafood. Met some really nice people therea!
Washington state people are just umm lost.
Can you guess which state I am from??

Old 12-19-2010, 11:26 PM

201 posts, read 469,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly4 View Post
I honestly side with\ "New Yorkers: Superiority Complex. [Half the time; I don't think they realize they are being arrogant or annoying].

Texans: Overly prideful [Really it's just the older Texans]

California: Friendly as hell. [They just suffer from talking too damn much syndrome].

DC: Delusional. Only DC people would compare their city to entire states. ["DC is waaaay better than Texas"].

I have been to different states and have known transplants from other states. New Yorkers just dont get it. They are very arrogant and they know it.
Texans are down to earth people, bbqs all around! I loved them.
Oklahoma people are what is going on?
Oregonians wander through life but overall nice people.
New Mexicans are friendly but the further south you go closer to the border they feel they are owed something and want it they will steal it.
Arizona people mind thier own business.
Nevada people are friendly but will take your last dime.
Ohio people are snobbish
Californians just dont care if you a transplant here as long as you are a LEGAL citizen of the US and dont try to soak resources dry. Otherwise very friendly.
Maryland people, I loved them! So proud of their seafood. Met some really nice people therea!
Washington state people are just umm lost.
Can you guess which state I am from??
Delaware?

Old 12-20-2010, 03:24 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,183,714 times
New York City is arrogant
Los Angeles is annoying

Old 12-20-2010, 04:04 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,238,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
New York City is arrogant
Los Angeles is annoying
And Minneapolis is cold.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:04 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,183,714 times
^Awwww, did somebody take offense?

Old 12-20-2010, 05:08 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,108,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Sweethome is mine to torment not yours

Lol... my lil Ho... Hotownlive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City