U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: most urban?
SF 128 32.65%
LA 60 15.31%
DC 38 9.69%
Philly 107 27.30%
Boston 59 15.05%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 05:46 PM

5,583 posts, read 2,604,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
And it equalizes the playing field. You don't have to worry about somebody rolling up to the laundromat in an Aston-Martin stealing your shine.
It isn't about showing off. It's about convenience. Picking up your date, taking her someplace nice, and then dropping her off without having to ride around in a subway. I'm sure the New Yorkers who don't drive use cabs in this instance, but THAT'S ALSO A CAR. Pretty useful invention, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 05:52 PM

17,337 posts, read 9,804,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
It isn't about showing off. It's about convenience. Picking up your date, taking her someplace nice, and then dropping her off without having to ride around in a subway. I'm sure the New Yorkers who don't drive use cabs in this instance, but THAT'S ALSO A CAR. Pretty useful invention, eh?
What I meant was that women have one less thing to judge you on. You're not going to get the stank face from any woman in NYC if you don't have a car. And if you have a car, you still might get the stank face if it's not the right car (in LA).

"2004 Audi? I'm going...to...need...you...to...do better."

Dating without a car is not so bad. I think it actually makes things more spontaneous.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:55 PM

897 posts, read 345,218 times
Quote:
Just give it up bro, bajan is one of them people that you're trying to make a point to but as you're talking he's just thinking of the next response instead of listening to you, I've noticed he nitpicks who's posts to respond to and turn it around when he feels cornered.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:59 PM

4,579 posts, read 4,675,095 times
Quote:

It's pretty useful until traffic gets so bad that you could pogo stick backwards for a faster commute. As is the case with a lot of LA grid lock.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:01 PM

2,233 posts, read 2,313,208 times
Quote:
If I don't have a car, I just date the women in my neighborhood. Simple, convenient solution.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:01 PM

5,583 posts, read 2,604,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
What I meant was that women have one less thing to judge you on. You're not going to get the stank face from any woman in NYC if you don't have a car. And if you have a car, you still might get the stank face if it's not the right car (in LA).

"2004 Audi? I'm going...to...need...you...to...do better."

Dating without a car is not so bad. I think it actually makes things more spontaneous.
A) The type of women who judge a man on the type of car they own aren't for me anyway.

B) NYC has more than its share of materialistic women too. Maybe they won't judge you on your car, but something else (what borough you live in, where in that borough you live, appearance, etc.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
It's pretty useful until traffic gets so bad that you could pogo stick backwards for a faster commute. As is the case with a lot of LA grid lock.
You're right I do hate the traffic out here, I currently live near Venice and I literally time my errands as to avoid certain hours.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:03 PM

17,337 posts, read 9,804,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliSon View Post
Just give it up bro, bajan is one of them people that you're trying to make a point to but as you're talking he's just thinking of the next response instead of listening to you, I've noticed he nitpicks who's posts to respond to and turn it around when he feels cornered.
Yep. That's what I resort to name calling. Something that you would never do, of course.

People just get mad when I quote statements they've made that completely contradict what they're saying.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
If I don't have a car, I just date the women in my neighborhood. Simple, convenient solution.
Just make sure its not the neighborhood hoodrat

Old 02-02-2012, 06:07 PM

5,365 posts, read 3,775,105 times
Are there no cars in NYC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City