U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 02:27 AM

9,086 posts, read 12,874,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
This is what they do when they lose an argument. They derail the conversation and bring up BS.

He went from sodomy, to the gay rights movement and now to bringing up this old ass news and trying to throw it around as if its fresh.
LOL.....SO Its true though!!!!I must have really got on him hard that one day we were going back and forth!!He actually took the time to create a computerized cartoon animated video of what he thinks I look like and dress.He had me in a crazy hi=hop clothes that nobody has worn since 1990 looking like the FatBoys!
I guess he thought I would get mad but it was funny that people actually have tme to come up with such silly lies.Bless His heart.....

Message to Grapico: Maybe a nap for a few days would be prudent.You are becoming unhinged and grabbing at straws.Your lack of objectivity is making us worry bout the state of your mind.Its about to be a new year lets get you some help.Somebidy needs to call Benny Hinn to "lay hands on you".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a54iqEr1flQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
So I guess racial stereotypes are the only form of civil right now...

Anywho...

lets discuss the Atlanta Metro.

More ethnically diverse citizens have begun in recent years to immigrate to the county, particularly in the affluent southern portion. However, the racial tension continued to be a part of the county's image into the early 1990s. This was infamously punctuated on January 17, 1987 by a march by civil rights activists in Cumming, and a counterdemonstration by a branch of the Ku Klux Klan, most of whom were not been residents of the county, and others who objected to the march. According to a story published in the New York Times on January 18, four marchers were slightly injured by stones, and bottles were thrown at them. Eight people from the counter-demonstration, all white, were arrested. The charges included trespassing and carrying concealed weapons.
Originally, the march was going to be led by Forsyth resident Charles A. Blackburn. Blackburn wanted to dispel the racist image of Forsyth County, where he owned and operated a private school (The Blackburn Learning Center). Blackburn cancelled his plans after he received threatening phone calls. Other whites in nearby counties, as well as State Representative J.E. McKinney of Atlanta and Hosea Williams, who was on the Atlanta City Council, took up the march plans instead. The following week, January 24, approximately 20,000 civil rights activists marched in Cumming. This occurrence produced no violence, despite the presence of over 5,000 counter-demonstrators, summoned by the Forsyth County Defense League, largely due to the presence of about 2,000 peace officers and national guardsmen. Forsyth County paid $670,000 for police overtime during the political demonstration. There was considerable public outrage at the costs, particularly since most of the demonstrators on both sides were from outside the county. An interview with Forsyth County Sheriff Wesley Walraven, previous to the second march, is available in A Turn in the South by Nobel-prize winning author VS Naipaul.
The demonstration is thought to have been the largest civil rights demonstration in the U.S. since about 1970. The unexpected turnout of some 6,000 counter-demonstrators, sixty-six of whom were arrested for "parading-without-a-permit," turned out to be the largest outpouring opposed to the Civil Rights Bill since the Sixties. The counter-demonstration was called by The Nationalist Movement, newly organized in Cumming, by Mark Watts, a local plumber. The original march had been triggered by an often repeated statement that Forsyth was "a county that warned black visitors not to 'let the sun go down on your head.' " New Georgia Encyclopedia. Marchers arrived on buses from all over the country and formed a caravan from Atlanta, under the watchful eye of National Guard troops on freeway overpasses along the nearly hour-long bus route. When marchers arrived, they discovered that most of the Cumming residents had already left town for the day, and some had boarded up their windows because they feared violence. Marchers wound slowly through streets lined by hundreds of armed National Guards, many of them black. At least two-thirds of the 20,000 civil rights marchers were white, according to eyewitnesses. Forsyth county subsequently charged large fees for parade permits until the practice was overturned in Forsyth County, Georgia v. The Nationalist Movement (505 U.S. 123) in the Supreme Court of the United States on June 19, 1992.

better not wander around too much in the Atlanta metro, might end up in Forsyth County or Alabama.

This is nothing compared to the racial cleansing that went on there in early 20th century though, but wait wasn't that like 60 years after the civil war? oh wait.

You think all those protesters are dead or moved? or didn't have kids? come on now...
Well soemthing must of happened to them because how did this happen?

3 out of 7 Georgia Supreme Court Justices Black(elected STATEWIDE):

The CHIEF Justice a BLACK FEMALE(recently retired):
Quote:
Leah Ward Sears (born June 13, 1955) is an American jurist and former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Georgia. Sears was the first African-American female Chief Justice in the United States. When she was first appointed as justice in 1992 by Governor Zell Miller, she became the first woman and youngest person to sit on the Georgia's Supreme Cour
t.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/db/Leah_Ward_Sears.jpg (broken link)

Let see..what else..oh yeh also elected statewide:
Quote:
Thurbert Baker, a former state legislator who had recently been appointed attorney general by Gov. Zell Miller, became the first African-American in any Deep South state to win a full term as a state's chief legal officer
Quote:
Baker has been elected to his position three times[1] as a Democrat, most recently winning the 2006 general election against Republican Perry McGuire, a former State Senator and corporate counsel for Chick-fil-A, 57.2% to 42.8%. Baker carried 122 of Georgia's 159 counties, and he received more votes and a higher percentage than any other Georgia Democrat running
State District Attorney

Michael Thurmond:was elected commissioner of labor.He and Baker were two of only nine blacks to win statewide executive branch office anywhere in America in 1998.
http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2009/08...rbertBaker.JPG

ALex Wan-Atlanta city Council openly gay(and ASIAN) member:
Here he is with the Mayor at WOrld AIds Day at City Hall:

The first openly gay city council member was Cathy Woolard.1996.She was later elected City Council President by her peers in 2001
http://www.aen.org/images/people/cathy_woolard.jpg (broken link)

In the state of Georgia there are three major cities that offer Domestic partner Benefts.
Atlanta
Fulton County
Savannah
How many cities in Illinois?
Athens

Gay rights Atlanta
Pride started in 1971
1976-in 1976 Pride won support from then-Atlanta Mayor Maynard Jackson, who issued a “Gay Pride Day” proclamation

Old 12-30-2010, 08:47 AM

86 posts, read 86,191 times
Quote:
But atl posters call me a racist and that I hate poor people when I point out that affluent in atlanta have a stigma about riding MARTA still which is backed up in raw data. Pleaseeee. It's only a select few though, so no big deal.

Because that has nothing to do with anything. That is like me randomly pointing out the southside of Chicago for no reason other then to find some fault with Chicago.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:52 AM

28,150 posts, read 24,696,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post

Forsyth County got gentrified.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:01 PM

15,989 posts, read 29,820,914 times
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR_QR...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byOtx...eature=related

these are bad, but not normal, but you deserve it for going off.

they are all civil rights. shameful for you

johnatl just sits there and nods his head when he is gay himself. According to historian Jluke, he would be getting stoned and lynched.

he calls the gay scene the down low scene.

gay neighborhoods keeping segregation strong

But atl posters call me a racist and that I hate poor people when I point out that affluent in atlanta have a stigma about riding MARTA still which is backed up in raw data. Pleaseeee. It's only a select few though, so no big deal.

jluke, you probably don't know better, johnatl does though.
We're talking about racial stereotypes. I know what Civil Rights are. You derailed the the conversation and still is. You have not stated anything relevant to what I posted earlier in this thread. You decided instead of responding to that; you'd attack the gay scene in the south and still failed.

I'll admit it when I'm wrong; I was a little off bases with the 60s and 70s gay scene, but it's too bad you can't be mature and admit when you're wrong.

You can't even act like a civilized adult; instead of sticking to what's being talked about. You make personal attacks and post up youtube videos?? childish I tell ya.

This is sad that I'm telling you this and I'm one of the youngest posters on CD.

Last edited by blkgiraffe; 12-30-2010 at 12:11 PM..

Old 12-30-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Forsyth County got gentrified.
I know right!Myself and people I know still cant get over how fast that happened.Its now like one of the top 100 wealthiest counties in America.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR_QR...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byOtx...eature=related

these are bad, but not normal, but you deserve it for going off.

they are all civil rights. shameful for you

johnatl just sits there and nods his head when he is gay himself. According to historian Jluke, he would be getting stoned and lynched.

he calls the gay scene the down low scene.

gay neighborhoods keeping segregation strong

jluke, you probably don't know better, johnatl does though.
I missed something somewhere.What "gay neighborhoods" are segregated?As long as I have been in Atlanta I have lived all over this city(including subsurbs).I have ALWAYS had gay and other black neighbors.From Roswell to Henry County to East Cobb and Stone Mountain.

I dont have a problem with facts but you bring up facts as if Atlanta is somehow the poster child for such behaviors.Anyone who does take Marta will tell you those numbers are tumbling.As you know Atlanta has the fastest growing white population into the city proper in the entire nation.It makes sense that the demographics on MARTA would also reflect that.Thats why I asked about the links to your facts because I have witness such a change riding MARTA occasionally also.

And its a well known fact that in the black community.Being downlow is a major issue.AA tend not to be as open about things like white Americans.Same is true with Asian.

I never saw where Jluke or anybody else supported denying anyone rights to anybody

Old 12-30-2010, 05:16 PM

7,797 posts, read 11,743,302 times
Quote:

The CHIEF Justice a BLACK FEMALE(recently retired):
t.

Let see..what else..oh yeh also elected statewide:

State District Attorney

Michael Thurmond:was elected commissioner of labor.He and Baker were two of only nine blacks to win statewide executive branch office anywhere in America in 1998.
http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2009/08...rbertBaker.JPG

ALex Wan-Atlanta city Council openly gay(and ASIAN) member:
Here he is with the Mayor at WOrld AIds Day at City Hall:

The first openly gay city council member was Cathy Woolard.1996.She was later elected City Council President by her peers in 2001

In the state of Georgia there are three major cities that offer Domestic partner Benefts.
Atlanta
Fulton County
Savannah
How many cities in Illinois?
Athens

Gay rights Atlanta
Pride started in 1971
1976-in 1976 Pride won support from then-Atlanta Mayor Maynard Jackson, who issued a “Gay Pride Day” proclamation
Don't even waste your time man. It's obvious they are unwilling to even entertain what you posted seriously. To them, Atlanta and Georgia is just big bad evil racist place.

That's forgetting that in the 1950s and 60s, the editor of the main Atlanta newspaper Ralph McGill (seen here ) broke from the ranks of other Southern newspaper editors and came out in support of Civil Rights and a was a close friend of Martin Luther King, JR.

Or that Mayor Ivan Allen was the only mayor of a major Southern city to oppose Segregation, desegregated the city peacefully, and testified in front of Congress to pass legislation to make other cities forcibly desegregate. Oh, and he was half Jewish too.

Talking about minority mayors, every Mayor of Atlanta has been a minority since 1970.

1. Sam Massell 1970-1974

2. Maynard Jackson 1974-1982, 1990-1994

3. Andrew Young 1982-1990

4. Bill Campbell 1994-2002

5. Shirley Franklin 2002-2010

6. Kasim Reed 2010-

Or how about how when MLK was murdered, people were rioting in such austere places such as Chicago, NYC, Boston, and Detroit as an affront to the racist police...while Atlanta saw no riots and instead a solemn city. Accounts from the time said that most of the city showed up to watch the procession where only the cries of heart broken people could be heard.

Yeah, such a horrible place...

Old 01-02-2011, 10:42 AM

306 posts, read 641,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I guess cities with least amount of other races(IE cities that are 95% white, aren't gonna be that aware of of racial stereotypes of blacks.)
Actually, most cities that are 95% of any one race are that way on purpose and they REALLY don't want anyone of any other race around. Most places that are 95% white do things, either overtly or covertly, to keep "everyone else" out.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:44 AM

306 posts, read 641,314 times
Quote:
Im telling you man,STOP DRINKING THE KOOLAID!!!SO NOT true.As a matter of fact race crimes are on the rise.Try driving(while black) from Detroit into Windsor Ontario in a car worth more than $50,000.Vancouver the best if one were les than the other.
I best friend who is from Toronto just sent me this:
Editorial: Our police forces still don't understand (http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Editorial+police+forces+still+understand/3979877/story.html#ixzz18EWKDcHq - broken link)
Tell me about it. As First Nations, I got patronized like anything up there. They fall all over themselves trying on purpose to be what they think their neighbour to the south is not. And it's just as bad. I had people treat me like black and then when I corrected them, THEN they started getting lecherous with their hands all over me. It's absolutely disgusting. And that's Canadian white-European-descended men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or