Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 02:27 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,202,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
First and only thing I think of when I think of San Antonio is David Robinson.
Same Here. Riverboats. Houston I Think OF Floods And Dallas I Think of A Star (I have No IDea Why)

For Florida
Miami - Latinos and Beaches
Tampa - Too laidback for an opinion
Jacksonville - Nothing
Orlando - Orlando Magic (Only Because I'm From here)

So I understand his point. Though I agree with David Robinson. Sometimes people help put a city on the radar as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 04:09 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,253 times
Quote:
First and only thing I think of when I think of San Antonio is David Robinson.
Really?? Surprised its not the Alamo like most folks think about.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:23 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,052,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
Waldorf Astoria is just another luxury hotel you can find in Puerto Rico and Utah. San Antonio has it's share of 5 star hotels.
False, you are confusing the Waldorf Astoria with the Waldorf Astoria Collection....two completely different things. There are only 2 true Waldorf Astorias: NY was the original of course, and Orlando is home to the only other.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:21 AM

4 posts, read 3,681 times
Default Florida vacation home

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
Which offers more?

Which one would you choose??

Have you been to one or the other??? Both??

Talk about it!

hey man ,

Orlando Is the best...... :P

Old 01-03-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltycbm View Post
hey man ,

Orlando Is the best...... :P
San Antonio is the BEST!!

Old 01-03-2011, 10:37 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,057,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
Really?? Surprised its not the Alamo like most folks think about.

If you were to do a survey of what people think of when they hear San Antonio I'm willing to wager a whole lot of cash that says less than 50% of the responses will be the Alamo.

Fact is most people don't know the alamo is in San Antonio, don't care about the alamo, and might not even know what the alamo is.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:04 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,109,645 times
Quote:
If you were to do a survey of what people think of when they hear San Antonio I'm willing to wager a whole lot of cash that says less than 50% of the responses will be the Alamo.

Fact is most people don't know the alamo is in San Antonio, don't care about the alamo, and might not even know what the alamo is.

It's the Spurs and Riverwalk. If your in the Armed Forces you know of San Antonio as being a major military center.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:47 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,057,553 times
Sorry pal but Riverwalk isn't even on the radar. If I weren't an active member of City-Data I would have never even heard of Riverwalk. If its not on the television or in national ads how do you think people outside of San Antonio hear of it? We don't.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:22 AM

153 posts, read 526,399 times
San Antonio in many ways is most appreciated from a history buff or even someone interested in a different unique culture.I personally believe that San Antonio is one of the most unique cities in this country primarily because of the heavy mexican influence that is literally all over the city. You just cant find a city in the states that large with that much of a mexican culture.The tex-mex is the best I have had and the city also have authentic mexican cuisine as well that is very hard to find in other places, even in the rest of Texas. The festivals, food, people, music, and so forth are very different than any other place I have been to-and even the riverwalk is a very nice experience, especially if you never been. Orlando in my opinion is mainly about Disney and the other theme parks which if that is what you are looking for, Orlando is the place. Other than that, Orlando is similar to many other cities and I just didn't find anything really all that unique about it. But for those looking for more than theme parks,(which San Antonio has Six Flags, Sea World, and Shlitterbahn nearby which is probably one of the best waterparks and better than Wet and Wild) San Antonio had more to offer in a truly unique experience.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Sorry pal but Riverwalk isn't even on the radar. If I weren't an active member of City-Data I would have never even heard of Riverwalk. If its not on the television or in national ads how do you think people outside of San Antonio hear of it? We don't.
The Riverwalk has tv spot in Oklahoma! I know this cause thats my current location. Plus, when you have sporting events like the Alamo Bowl, US Armed Forces game(high school all-americans) Spurs being in the playoffs, you see it alot. They mostly hear about the Riverwalk through visiting or word of mouth. Keep in mind San Antonio gets a good amount of tourism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City