Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city Do you like best overall?
Seattle 30 23.44%
Las Vegas 26 20.31%
Orlando 8 6.25%
San Diego 25 19.53%
Los Angeles 28 21.88%
Dallas 7 5.47%
Chicago 22 17.19%
Houston 12 9.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 04:47 PM

15 posts, read 42,224 times

Advertisements

Just few cities I was thinking about. I spent alot of time traveling and have been to many major cities, but looking for city that has night life and jobs and can settle down in. I'm 27 years old I'm single and majoring in Information Computing and technology. I have lived in several cities and my wanna find city that's affordable and career oriented city, beautiful women and easy to make friends and decent weather would be nice and great public transportation would be nice. So please give me some positive feed back and let me know if any of these cities would be good for me to establish a future in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 12:00 PM

32 posts, read 76,195 times
Chicago, because it has more to do and more of a big city feel.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:29 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,055,477 times
San Diego because of the year round weather and activities making it ideal to get involved in whatever it is you like to do and meet people.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:37 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
All of them equally

Old 01-23-2011, 05:46 PM

818 posts, read 1,386,926 times
NYC, no others

Old 01-23-2011, 05:51 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,602,083 times
Houston. It is where I live. I aso have not been to 3 cities on that list.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:10 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,020 times
San Diego
Los Angeles
Las Vegas

in that order.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:09 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,354,936 times
Quote:
I'm 27 years old I'm single and majoring in Information Computing and technology.
Seattle comes to mind. It's one of the major tech hubs of the USA.

Quote:

I have lived in several cities and my wanna find city that's affordable and career oriented city, beautiful women and easy to make friends and decent weather would be nice and great public transportation would be nice.
I highlighted what you'll find in Seattle.

I underlined "decent" because the weather in Seattle is a tale of two extremes. Horrid, cold, and drizzly weather where you don't see the sun for days on end in the winter. At least it doesn't snow often.

In the summer though, GLORIOUS! 75 and sunny every day.

Seattle is career oriented but people don't kill themselves for work on average. If a person is working long hours, it's typically because they like it. Seattle also have pretty good public transport (though you will still need a car if you wanted to easily travel between the city and one of the myriad suburbs).

I find the women beautiful here. They typically focus on the content rather than the makeup. They're not butch, but they aren't "glamorous." I also found lots of blondes here. Lots of asian women too, if you're into them.

The biggest thing would probably be the friends thing. Seattle people are very reserved in public and rarely make friends outside of meet ups or social gatherings or work.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:22 PM

371 posts, read 597,067 times
Dallas.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:50 AM

6,540 posts, read 12,032,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Seattle comes to mind. It's one of the major tech hubs of the USA.

I highlighted what you'll find in Seattle.

I underlined "decent" because the weather in Seattle is a tale of two extremes. Horrid, cold, and drizzly weather where you don't see the sun for days on end in the winter. At least it doesn't snow often.

In the summer though, GLORIOUS! 75 and sunny every day.

Seattle is career oriented but people don't kill themselves for work on average. If a person is working long hours, it's typically because they like it. Seattle also have pretty good public transport (though you will still need a car if you wanted to easily travel between the city and one of the myriad suburbs).

I find the women beautiful here. They typically focus on the content rather than the makeup. They're not butch, but they aren't "glamorous." I also found lots of blondes here. Lots of asian women too, if you're into them.

The biggest thing would probably be the friends thing. Seattle people are very reserved in public and rarely make friends outside of meet ups or social gatherings or work.
Blondes and Asians are my two favorite types, which is why I would love it back there. For the OP's case, I think Seattle and San Diego would be the best fit, and maybe LA. But I think San Diego is close enough to L.A. without being in it, so that might be better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City