Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 10:49 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,356,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acmilan View Post
Well if you want go for it and make a thread with poll.So every single person here who likes Georgia better or just dislikes Md for some reason votes for Georgia and Georgia wins would that matter more?Maryland still has better economy,better public schools and better transportation options(excluding cars) and those are factors most people take into consideration when moving.There was a poll between California and Georgia and Georgia still got many votes,does that make it the better state ?
So in other words, this is simply a popularity contest for you?

As far as economy goes, subtract the "artificial" Federal infusion into Maryland and I can guarantee you it would be a totally different story.

No thanks, we've been down that road too many times before. And I can assure you that Georgia would probably lose the poll, for reasons that will become obvious to you when you've been here a little longer.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 10:54 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,614,605 times
Quote:
I don't get mad at you at all,just giving you straight facts not biased opinions,because you said you have the credibility to judge better than other people.saying"Savannah is more charming than Annapolis"is opinion saying that you have better chances getting a job in Annapolis than Savannah is a fact.I don't act childish because I tried to be fair when comparing both states and I gave Georgia credit where credit is due.Acting childish is you still insisting Georgia is better because you live there and your responses to the categories I listed which I won't even bother to comment on.What most people here agreed on is that overall Md is the better state and that's what matters.

I don't live in Georgia, I live in Japan hence the location.......

Most people agreed MD was better? Not from what I'm reading and Maryland isn't in the same tier sorry!!!!

Maryland is never included in the discussion as one of the ten most powerful states....but Georgia is a regular there but I'm done debating with you!!

NEXT....

Old 12-29-2010, 11:02 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,787,663 times
Quote:
Well if you want go for it and make a thread with poll.So every single person here who likes Georgia better or just dislikes Md for some reason votes for Georgia and Georgia wins would that matter more?Maryland still has better economy,better public schools and better transportation options(excluding cars) and those are factors most people take into consideration when moving.There was a poll between California and Georgia and Georgia still got many votes,does that make it the better state ?
Yes China has better schools and economy too.Im sure people are leaving in droves for Wu Tang City!

Old 12-29-2010, 11:05 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,954,859 times
Lol @ wu tang city

Old 12-29-2010, 11:05 AM

Jonatl and CDW, I'm about to start a poll to see if MD is the same tier with GA, VA, NC, MI, and NJ....

Old 12-29-2010, 12:22 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,644,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
cdw,

Have you ever heard of this little place called the United States Naval Academy? It's in Annapolis. Georgia is like a decade behind Maryland in the political landscape. The state is really conservative outside of Atlanta and stuck in its old south ways, hence the opposition to the new state flag. Maryland most definitely offers more cultural ammenities and cultural variety than Georgia. Everywhere I went in Georgia (outside of ATL), all I saw was sh&t dedicated to the Confederates who fought in the Civil War. VA is like that too. Get over that sh&t, you lost. Savannah and Augusta are beautiful spots but each remind me of the Jim Crow era. Maybe that's my own bias. I don't think Georgia is as socially progressive as Maryland. Maryland also has Andrews Air Force Base which is probably the most important AFB in the world. It's home to Air Force One. A lil crop duster the prez rides on every now and then.
This might be the most ignorant comment ever. You are aware that Georgia is filled with transplants from all over the world. Also, Georgia is home to major military installations like this little ol place called FORT BENNING!!

Old 12-29-2010, 12:24 PM

133 posts, read 384,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
So in other words, this is simply a popularity contest for you?

As far as economy goes, subtract the "artificial" Federal infusion into Maryland and I can guarantee you it would be a totally different story.

No thanks, we've been down that road too many times before. And I can assure you that Georgia would probably lose the poll, for reasons that will become obvious to you when you've been here a little longer.....
It's not popularity contest where did you get that from?Usually better places to live are more popular too is there something wrong with that?I mean if given the choice do you think more people would relocate to San Diego Ca or Willacoochee,Ga?San Diego might be more popular,but also has better economy,schools,location,transportation etc.And if you wanna talk about "artificial" what do you think are MD's borders with DC?Is a street a real border?Walk down the street and you are in DC,walk back up and you are in Md,if not for the street signs,i'd never know i crossed the "border".DC was designated as separate district for administrative purposes.What remains as fact in history is that MARYLAND WAS CHOSEN THE SITE FOR THE NATION'S CAPITAL,NOT GEORGIA OR ANY OTHER STATE FOR THAT MATTER.There were reasons for that and will never know what will Maryland's fate will be if history is different...Why take out DC?If Atlanta was separate district from Georgia,are you gonna tell me you won't include Atlanta when comparing?What about NYC,Chicago or Philly?If these cities were their own districts you won't include them when comparing their states?Can you talk about Illinois without Chicago or Pa without Philly?

Old 12-29-2010, 12:32 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,153,795 times
My comments are on point. The U.S. Naval Academy is very prestigious. Andrews Air Force Base houses Air Force One. If a crisis happens, who the f8ck cares about Ft. Benning? Maryland might have dated Jim Crow but Georgia slept with him. You people have really short memories. Do you not remember the whole Confederate flag fiasco?

FOXNews.com - Confederate Flag Causes Controversy Again in Georgia - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

This would never even be an issue in Maryland. These redneck attitudes are the reason why I think Georgia is years behind Maryland from a social and cultural standpoint.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:34 PM

133 posts, read 384,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Yes China has better schools and economy too.Im sure people are leaving in droves for Wu Tang City!
China doesn't have better economy or schools than the US ...yet.China does have one of the most powerful economies in the world and world-class universities

Old 12-29-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
My comments are on point. The U.S. Naval Academy is very prestigious. Andrews Air Force Base houses Air Force One. If a crisis happens, who the f8ck cares about Ft. Benning? Maryland might have dated Jim Crow but Georgia slept with him. You people have really short memories. Do you not remember the whole Confederate flag fiasco?

FOXNews.com - Confederate Flag Causes Controversy Again in Georgia - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

This would never even be an issue in Maryland. These redneck attitudes are the reason why I think Georgia is years behind Maryland from a social and cultural standpoint.

Maryland County suffering rampant racism, says NAACP/ACLU report on The Louisiana Weekly (http://www.louisianaweekly.com/news.php?viewStory=1432 - broken link)

SO explain this story that made news in Louisiana about Maryland?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City