Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will have the better waterfront in 2020, D.C. Metro Area or Baltimore Metro Area?
Washington D.C. 49 32.45%
Baltimore 102 67.55%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 10:21 PM

13,674 posts, read 15,574,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancritic View Post
What explaining have you made for downtown DC being dead after 5pm beyond just stating that? What a joke! DuPont, Chinatown, Georgetown, Penn Quarter, Adams Morgan, H Street, Logan Circle, 14th Street, U Street...have you been to one of these in the last 15 years?
When a debate begins to fall off a cliff with a poster who says things as outlandish as what has been said in the last couple posts, it's best to just to call it what it is:

Delusion | Definition of Delusion by Merriam-Webster

And then leave the thread and let him/her spin their wheels alone. Maybe I'll go try to prove Denver is more vibrant than Boston next. Smh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 10:39 PM

10,071 posts, read 9,833,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancritic View Post
What explaining have you made for downtown DC being dead after 5pm beyond just stating that? What a joke! DuPont, Chinatown, Georgetown, Penn Quarter, Adams Morgan, H Street, Logan Circle, 14th Street, U Street...have you been to one of these in the last 15 years?
Actually I agree with with some of the places that you mentioned. Chinatown is a bustling neighborhood. I also agree that Georgetown and Adams Morgan are pretty damn active too. I must've ended up in the wrong part of downtown the last few times I've visited.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
When a debate begins to fall off a cliff with a poster who says things as outlandish as what has been said in the last couple posts, it's best to just to call it what it is:

Delusion | Definition of Delusion by Merriam-Webster

And then leave the thread and let him/her spin their wheels alone. Maybe I'll go try to prove Denver is more vibrant than Boston next. Smh...
This coming from the same guy who created a thread claiming DC's waterfront is better than Baltimore's? The premise of this thread is steeped in delusion.

Old 09-01-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
This coming from the same guy who created a thread claiming DC's waterfront is better than Baltimore's? The premise of this thread is steeped in delusion.
What are you talking about? Here is the very first post in this thread that I created 6 years ago. Now you're hallucinating....

Quote:
Who's waterfront will be number one in 2020?

Baltimore has an amazing waterfront and is King of Waterfront's in the metro area. However, D.C. is building multiple waterfront projects and will connect them with National Harbor and Alexandria's planned waterfront upgrade by water taxi transit. Who will have the best Metro area waterfront in 2020?

SW Waterfront

Poplar Point

Yards Riverfront

Capital Riverfront

Buzzard Point

You know, these hallucinations you're having making up false realities that don't exist making yourself believe people said things that clearly were never said should be a wake up call that you may need to slow down and find out what is going on with you.

I have no idea what you're talking about and that probably goes for everyone in this thread also. First you say DC's waterfront is going to be dead. Then you say DC's downtown is dead. Now you're saying this is a thread talking about how DC's waterfront is currently better than Baltimore's and claiming people in this thread feel that way which is ridiculous. Where did you see a single poster say that over the last 6 years? This is about the future which doesn't have a right or wrong answer because it's the future. Nobody knows...smh.

Not a single thing you have stated is remotely true and with all these hallucinations you're having, it's impossible to continue this discussion.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:13 AM

1,032 posts, read 1,085,093 times
In 2020, I still got Bmore being ahead...MDallstar you seem to be in the know...what's going to happen to the wharf?

Old 09-01-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
What are you talking about? Here is the very first post in this thread that I created 6 years ago. Now you're hallucinating....

You know, these hallucinations you're having making up false realities that don't exist making yourself believe people said things that clearly were never said should be a wake up call that you may need to slow down and find out what is going on with you.

I have no idea what you're talking about and that probably goes for everyone in this thread also. First you say DC's waterfront is going to be dead. Then you say DC's downtown is dead. Now you're saying this is a thread talking about how DC's waterfront is currently better than Baltimore's and claiming people in this thread feel that way which is ridiculous. Where did you see a single poster say that over the last 6 years? This is about the future which doesn't have a right or wrong answer because it's the future. Nobody knows...smh.

Not a single thing you have stated is remotely true and with all these hallucinations you're having, it's impossible to continue this discussion.
You didn't make that claim in the original post, so I take that back. I misspoke.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:28 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,825,837 times
I think one of the challenges with DC discussions (across many threads) is it's always about what DC WILL have, not what DC does have. Conversations circulate around future census tracts (which are SUPER small btw) hitting 90 - 100kppsm. But none of that measures what is there now and what it looks/feels like.

In all reality, I'm going to vote for Baltimore's harbor because it's CURRENTLY strong, has been built on for a long time, and has a lot of character. Initial developments will not completely close the gap between what is in DC now and what will be there in 2020 vs. what Baltimore has built on for a long time. I takes a lot of time for neighborhoods to become organic.

Old 09-02-2016, 11:32 AM

1,032 posts, read 1,085,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
I think one of the challenges with DC discussions (across many threads) is it's always about what DC WILL have, not what DC does have. Conversations circulate around future census tracts (which are SUPER small btw) hitting 90 - 100kppsm. But none of that measures what is there now and what it looks/feels like.

In all reality, I'm going to vote for Baltimore's harbor because it's CURRENTLY strong, has been built on for a long time, and has a lot of character. Initial developments will not completely close the gap between what is in DC now and what will be there in 2020 vs. what Baltimore has built on for a long time. I takes a lot of time for neighborhoods to become organic.
Yeah if 2020 is the cut-off, its actually a pretty easy win for Baltimore here...I had asked about the wharf but never got an answer back...a lot of native Washingtonians are curious about what its future will be...these big splashy projects always take away a little something that was there before and it does take time to see what develops after the dust settles...these projects are simply too new to catch up to what Baltimore's been doing for so long...2020 is right around the corner relatively speaking

Old 09-02-2016, 12:20 PM

857 posts, read 1,356,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post

Great post. Agreed.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogoesthere View Post
Yeah if 2020 is the cut-off, its actually a pretty easy win for Baltimore here...I had asked about the wharf but never got an answer back...a lot of native Washingtonians are curious about what its future will be...these big splashy projects always take away a little something that was there before and it does take time to see what develops after the dust settles...these projects are simply too new to catch up to what Baltimore's been doing for so long...2020 is right around the corner relatively speaking

Nothing is happening to the fish market. It will remain. The parking lots around it will be developed. That's all.

Fish Market at the Wharf
http://www.wharfdc.com/wp-content/up...S_4c-email.jpg
https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/RYS...-965-0-1.0.jpg
https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/sUH....55_20AM.0.png
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/t3j....34_20AM.0.png
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/oRd....28_20AM.0.png
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City