Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you live in Georgia?
Yes,Georgia will be my first choice 31 30.10%
I will consider at least 5 states before Georgia 41 39.81%
It will be my last choice 4 3.88%
I'd rather move out of the country 27 26.21%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 06:08 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,680,051 times

Advertisements

Don't hate Georgia..but given the option to move out of country,theres a long list of places I'd choose to live before there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 06:14 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
Why do you try to make everyone like Atlanta so much?
I could care less if someone likes it here or not. But I will defend it against lies, bashing and endless insults. If you can't understand that, maybe you need a new hobby.

I have a question for you. Why do you try to make everyone hate Atlanta and the South in general? Is life in Collingswood that boring, or are you still snowed in up there?

Old 01-02-2011, 06:19 PM

88 posts, read 140,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
I could care less if someone likes it here or not. But I will defend it against lies, bashing and endless insults. If you can't understand that, maybe you need a new hobby.

I have a question for you. Why do you try to make everyone hate Atlanta and the South in general? Is life in Collingswood that boring, or are you still snowed in up there?
What is Collinswood?

Why defend Atlanta? Did its feelings get hurt?

Old 01-02-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSQQST View Post
You know this is really a different side of you that I've never seen before. You are relentless in hunting down and squashing any anti-Atlanta opinions. Please take a Xanax and breathe in.
I wasn't addressing you.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I wasn't addressing you.
Is this like Joan Collinswood? I love her! Is that in Georgia? It sounds like a very Southern name for a city. With lots of magnolias and palmetto trees and mint juleps. I love names like Mableton and Marietta and Smyrna and Alpharetta and Doraville. They sound like quaint little country towns.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:28 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,201,654 times
Quote:
What is Collinswood?

LOL

Old 01-02-2011, 06:31 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,099,045 times
Quote:
Why do you try to make everyone like Atlanta so much?
umm no! we don't care if some like Atlanta or not, whoopy doo but trolling is something different and sad. So don’t even begin to straw man and try to make it seem we’re having problems with people who don’t like Atlanta. Someone that don't like Atlanta is one thing but going around in several threads saying I rather be shot then to move there, or starting thread to nag on how much he or she dislike a place is childish. Hell I don’t like a lot places you don’t see me going around boasting that hate. Why would someone even be constantly talking so much about a place he or she dislike, I don't even get the logic of that.
Quote:
Even better

why attack a city in the first? Got a life?

Old 01-02-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I don't try to make everyone hate the south. I'm just tired of being harassed about who I am, in my history of 2 weeks on this site I have been called a minimum of 5 different people, portrayed by outsiders to live in 6 different places. Along with the harassment through DM, which I have reported and the member was suspended for a few days. Every time I log in is a new rep message of someone saying how NYC should be the victim of terror attacks and how I and other New Yorkers deserve to die. Many of them are signed by you, but I know better that you can only rep once in a while so someone is really messing around with you bro. I just want to be left alone and want posters like afonega to be more honest about Atlanta's offerings. I wouldn't bash Atlanta or the deep south if southerners would just respect me and stop leaving me dirty messages and some Atlantans stopped trying to make Atlanta out to be the best place in the world
Sorry, but your credibility here is zip. I don't believe a word of this.

This absurd claim that many of you make about Atlantans claiming it's the best place in the world is an extremely tired strawman that you and others continue to relentlessly put forth in a weak attempt to somehow excuse your bashing. I guess you think if you repeat it often enough it's true? It's not working. Some of you simply can't stomach the fact that we WILL defend the place. Get used to it.

And you elevate bashing the South and Atlanta to unforeseen levels around here. Your posts don't mysteriously disappear, you know. Post histories are out there for anyone that cares to review them. Martyr simply doesn't work for you.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but your credibility here is zip. I don't believe a word of this.

This absurd claim that many of you make about Atlantans claiming it's the best place in the world is an extremely tired strawman that you and others continue to relentlessly put forth in a weak attempt to somehow excuse your bashing. I guess you think if you repeat it often enough it's true? It's not working. Some of you simply can't stomach the fact that we WILL defend the place. Get used to it.

And you elevate bashing the South and Atlanta to unforeseen levels around here. Your posts don't mysteriously disappear, you know. Post histories are out there for anyone that cares to review them. Martyr simply doesn't work for you.
I fear for your child. I really really do.

It's really going to be ok. Atlanta will lazily sprawl into the future without you having to hold its hand. It's going to be ok. Take a Xanax and relax. Deep breaths.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Is this like Joan Collinswood? I love her! Is that in Georgia? It sounds like a very Southern name for a city. With lots of magnolias and palmetto trees and mint juleps. I love names like Mableton and Marietta and Smyrna and Alpharetta and Doraville. They sound like quaint little country towns.
They are quaint, thanks!

However when it comes to quaintness, they hardly hold a candle to Peabody, Braintree and Scituate. They are much more country, if that's what you seem to be seeking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City