U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 12:06 AM

377 posts, read 660,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Geez...some people on this thread do not realize that....THIS IS OPINION BASED.
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 09:37 AM

205 posts, read 70,567 times
NYC
Chicago
Miami
San Francisco
Philadelphia
Seattle

Old 03-20-2011, 09:51 AM

10,180 posts, read 5,145,114 times
- New York
- Chicago
- Miami
- San Francisco
- Houston
- Los Angeles
- Atlanta
- Dallas
- Philadelphia
- Seattle
- Minneapolis
- Boston
- Detroit

In that same order (see above). Combination of mass scale & height. New York has the scale & height to be first (taking preference for architecture out of the mix), Chicago has both to be second, I give Miami third for having size but it lacks height.

San Francisco has a decent margin in height and scale, but could be better but still gave it fourth. Houston has height (definitely, its the 3rd tallest in USA) but its lacking in scale (comes in 6th behind New York, Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, & San Francisco). Los Angeles has scale but lacks height (comes in fourth behind New York, Chicago, Houston).

Architecturally and personally Chicago is my favorite skyline in the country, third favorite in the world behind only Hong Kong & Seoul. But taking my personal preference out of the mix, I answered the question as objectively (based off facts and information) to as much as I could here.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:21 AM

879 posts, read 682,429 times
Best skyline in order imo
New York
Chicago
Philadelphia
Miami
Houston
San Francisco
LA
Atlanta
Seattle
Dallas

Old 03-20-2011, 05:38 PM

3,738 posts, read 5,065,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
- New York
- Chicago
- Miami
- San Francisco
- Houston
- Los Angeles
- Atlanta
- Dallas
- Philadelphia
- Seattle
- Minneapolis
- Boston
- Detroit

In that same order (see above). Combination of mass scale & height. New York has the scale & height to be first (taking preference for architecture out of the mix), Chicago has both to be second, I give Miami third for having size but it lacks height.

San Francisco has a decent margin in height and scale, but could be better but still gave it fourth. Houston has height (definitely, its the 3rd tallest in USA) but its lacking in scale (comes in 6th behind New York, Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, & San Francisco). Los Angeles has scale but lacks height (comes in fourth behind New York, Chicago, Houston).

Architecturally and personally Chicago is my favorite skyline in the country, third favorite in the world behind only Hong Kong & Seoul. But taking my personal preference out of the mix, I answered the question as objectively (based off facts and information) to as much as I could here.

This is your post on page #2.

The Best Skylines in the Country (Non-Biased) Just the SKYLINES, no scenery, which in my opinion does not emphasize on the man made architecture itself)):
- New York City
- Chicago
- Miami
- Houston
- Atlanta
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Dallas
- Philadelphia
- Detroit
- San Diego
- Minneapolis
- Seattle
- Denver
- Pittsburgh

The Best Skylines in the Country (Biased- My favorite ones):
- Chicago
- Miami
- New York City
- Houston
- Atlanta
- Dallas
- Seattle
- San Diego
- Detroit
- Minneapolis
- Pittsburgh
- Los Angeles
- Denver

Did you change your mind?

Old 03-20-2011, 06:23 PM

10,180 posts, read 5,145,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
[color=blue]Did you change your mind?
I didn't change my mind, the first list I had pages ago was the order of the skylines in the United States that I preferred, and I still prefer them (as my top favorites) in that same order.

My list a few posts ago were the top skylines objectively, with no biases or anything. I'm trying to just have objective posts from here on out. But a few things I did correct from my most recent post to my first one in this thread, I moved San Francisco ahead of Houston, right behind Miami. Moved Los Angeles ahead of Atlanta, and moved Minneapolis ahead of Detroit.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:23 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,336,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
- New York
- Chicago
- Miami
- San Francisco
- Houston
- Los Angeles
- Atlanta
- Dallas
- Philadelphia
- Seattle
- Minneapolis
- Boston
- Detroit

Just admit it, your a straight up Philly hater? Why? Because you would get picked on if you went to school here?

Old 03-23-2011, 06:31 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,165,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Just admit it, your a straight up Philly hater? Why? Because you would get picked on if you went to school here?
Maybe he dislikes Philly's skyline.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:53 PM

1,678 posts, read 1,819,963 times
New York
Chicago
Seattle
Houston
Miami
Atlanta
Dallas
Los Angeles
San Antonio - My bias favorite hehe

Old 03-23-2011, 06:59 PM

4,691 posts, read 3,940,508 times
New York
Chicago
Houston
Dallas
Miami
Atlanta
Los Angeles
Philly
Seattle
Boston
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City