Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Dallas a regional, national, or global center for fashion?
Dallas is a regional center for fashion 76 46.06%
Dallas is a national center for fashion 31 18.79%
Dallas is a global center for fashion 10 6.06%
None of the above 48 29.09%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 08:17 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,289,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
When was the last time you bought something from Neiman's?

The company has been passed around like a 5 dollar bill.

They aren't even headquartered in Dallas anymore, or Texas for that matter.
Karen Katz, the Chairman & CEO of the Neiman Marcus Group, has her office on top of the DOWNTOWN DALLAS store, where she comes to work every single day (except while traveling for work). You can't be much more HEADQUARTERED in Dallas than having the President of NM & Bergdorf Goodman stores living & working in Dallas. All of the marketing, buying, fashion office, etc jobs are IN Dallas, with the exception of a small NY buying office for Bergdorf Goodman which is a NYC store owned by NMG.

Texas Pacific & Warburg Pincus own the company, but they do not run the company. Management & directional decisions come from Karen Katz and NM's leadership team. Some TPG & WP execs have a seat on the NMG board, but that's it.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:30 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,737,240 times
This thread really should but shut down. Nothing good came out of it. Since the whole purpose of the thread was to get people to bash Dallas, I wouldnt expect it to.

But at least Matt got what he wanted out of it. People are bashing Dallas and that is exactly what this thread was supposed to accomplish.

Most people in Dallas dont give a second thought to this kind of stuff. People just live their lives and dont think about clothes they probably cant afford anyway.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:57 AM

6,693 posts, read 9,942,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
This thread really should but shut down. Nothing good came out of it. Since the whole purpose of the thread was to get people to bash Dallas, I wouldnt expect it to.

But at least Matt got what he wanted out of it. People are bashing Dallas and that is exactly what this thread was supposed to accomplish.

Most people in Dallas dont give a second thought to this kind of stuff. People just live their lives and dont think about clothes they probably cant afford anyway.
Yeah, he just wanted to start crap.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:19 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,853,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post

There were also those who complimented Dallas. We don't all hate Dallas down here. There will always be those who will bash your city no matter what. Every city on here gets bashed a lot. You just have to ignore the people who do it frequently. No one takes them seriously anyway. All Matt did was tarnish his credibility on here. When a thread like this goes on for this long it really makes everyone in the thread look bad.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:26 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,737,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
There were also those who complimented Dallas. We don't all hate Dallas down here. There will always be those who will bash your city no matter what. Every city on here gets bashed a lot. You just have to ignore the people who do it frequently. No one takes them seriously anyway. All Matt did was tarnish his credibility on here. When a thread like this goes on for this long it really makes everyone in the thread look bad.
Of course not. I was not meaning anything toward Houston in anyway. I work one week a month down there and I like Houston a lot.

My comments were directed at the OP and a few other bashers. Not Houston or people from Houston.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:47 PM

818 posts, read 1,387,790 times
Dallas isn't an important center for fashion unless you consider lawnmower gear and checkered shirts with overalls fashion

Old 12-31-2010, 12:48 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,608,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Oh right...

Houston has a Forever 21 in its downtown which Dallas doesn't have.

I never bragged about that. Ever.

Overall Downtown Houston has more shopping than Downtown Dallas anyways.

Leave it to an Atlanta homer to come crash the party.

hahahah omg your posts are ridiculous on all kinds of levels. I like how you twist virtually any topic to be Houston vs. Dallas with Houston coming out ahead. We're not even talking about downtowns or who has the better shopping downtown. And leave it to an Atlanta homer to come crash the party? You crashed the party along time ago when you decided to come into the Dallas thread and once again downplay Dallas when someone started a simple thread with a simple question. Get a clue.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
Dallas isn't an important center for fashion unless you consider lawnmower gear and checkered shirts with overalls fashion
true story, I so should take lessons from you on how to be cool. Tell me that part about Kenny G again.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:55 PM

818 posts, read 1,387,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
true story, I so should take lessons from you on how to be cool. Tell me that part about Kenny G again.
Ya, the people in DallWorth know how to look fashionable!

Credit Kit Haselden Photography on Flikr All sizes | Proud Owner | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kithaselden/338447970/sizes/o/in/photostream/ - broken link)

Old 12-31-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
Ya, the people in DallWorth know how to look fashionable!
Did you eat a brain tumor for breakfast? Anyone can go on the internet and pick a random picture to represent whatever agenda they're trying to push. Johnatl is totally spot on, you are beyond ridiculous. Which reminds me I need to go back and give him some rep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City