Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Dallas a regional, national, or global center for fashion?
Dallas is a regional center for fashion 76 46.06%
Dallas is a national center for fashion 31 18.79%
Dallas is a global center for fashion 10 6.06%
None of the above 48 29.09%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 11:10 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
He never said it was on the level on NYC and Paris. Its regional Fashion center it has enough importance to be listed as number 6 in the USA and 40 in the world.
Anything after NYC, LA and Miami is pretty much leftovers.

Last edited by blkgiraffe; 06-11-2011 at 11:43 AM..

Old 06-11-2011, 11:10 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,372,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Said that, but I was speaking more in the sense that its influence in fashion isn't anything stellar or isn't considered the fashion center of Texas.
That's your opinion. It is what it is.

Fashion industry insiders have already affirmed Dallas' stance as a fashion center. Beyond that, Dallas also has a market center, apparel mart, fashion district and innovative retail lineage that challenges your opinion.

Quote:
Houston is often praised for it's local boutique scene.
Uh, OK.

Quote:
and the city draws over thousands of rich Mexicans/ South Americans to shop.
I would imagine so.

San Antonio, Austin and DFW are also gateways for wealthy Central and South American consumers. It's not like Houston has a monopoly on that market.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
That's your opinion. It is what it is.

Fashion industry insiders have already affirmed Dallas' stance as a fashion center. Beyond that, Dallas also has a market center, apparel mart, fashion district and innovative retail lineage that challenges your opinion.

Uh, OK.

I would imagine so.

San Antonio, Austin and DFW are also gateways for wealthy Central and South American consumers. It's not like Houston has a monopoly on that market.
Agree with all, but Houston draws in the most from Central and South America. That's my point.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:25 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,276 times
Quote:
Said that, but I was speaking more in the sense that its influence in fashion isn't anything stellar or isn't considered the fashion center of Texas. Houston is often praised for it's local boutique scene and the city draws over thousands of rich Mexicans/ South Americans to shop.

I'd agree with the fact that fashion is more prominent in Dallas, but nothing drastic. I'd say Houston is just as much of fashion center as Dallas.

Btw, I voted Dallas as a regional shopping center a while back.
Wrong..... wait let me fix this the 2nd part in bold

In Bold your just repeating what some other poster has wrote. I would put money that you and Htown dont know even a 3rd of anything that pertains to the fashion industry.

Last edited by MikeandIke27; 06-11-2011 at 11:53 AM..

Old 06-11-2011, 11:26 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,835,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
If it is not a regional center then on what level would it be?? Simple reasoning not twisting.

Every time I say it is a regional center he protests so It must be he thinks Dallas is in a league that it isn't
Dallas is a regional center (fashion center) for the south central U.S. Why was national added to poll I am not sure (take that up with Metro Matt). Dallas is a lot more respected in the fashion world than what you guys are giving it credit for. But anything that sheds a postive light on Dallas you guys try to discredit it. The majority of people that bash Dallas live in Houston. Its so obvious...I don't get it...but to each is his own. I am out...more important thing to do than to be arguing about clothes I can't even afford.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Anything after NYC, LA and Miami is pretty leftovers.

In your opinion again. We love your opinions

Old 06-11-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Dallas is a regional center (fashion center) for the south central U.S. Why was national added to poll I am not sure (take that up with Metro Matt). Dallas is a lot more respected in the fashion world than what you guys are giving it credit for. But anything that sheds a postive light on Dallas you guys try to discredit it. The majority of people that bash Dallas live in Houston. Its so obvious...I don't get it...but to each is his own. I am out...more important thing to do than to be arguing about clothes I can't even afford.
Hello, They are not knowlegable on this subject as to why they dont understand why Dallas is Considered a fashion center in the US.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:30 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Dallas is a regional center for the south central U.S.
Dude that is what I have been saying all along.
The only arguments I have made was when Al tried to corrected me about it not being regional, and his argument about it being the first to sell clothes that was already made.

what is bashing about that????
tell me what about these two points are bashing:

1. It is regional
2. It wasn't the first to sell clothes

Old 06-11-2011, 11:33 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Quote:
Wrong.....

In Bold your just repeating what some other poster has wrote. I would put money that you and Htown dont know even a 3rd of anything that pertains to the fashion industry.
Quote:
Quote:
Hello, They are not knowlegable on this subject as to why they dont understand why Dallas is Considered a fashion center in the US.
dude, both of us have said it is a regional center, stop trying to dazzle us with your fashion skills, sequins are not in right now.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Wrong.....

This isn't an opinion. Articles have been posted on this very site stating so.

Quote:
Just like we love your opinions......where are you going with this??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City