Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Dallas is more similar to?
Atlanta, Dallas is more similar to Atlanta than Houston overall 55 44.00%
Houston, Dallas is more similar to Houston than Atlanta overall 51 40.80%
Other 19 15.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 08:33 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
What stores are in Phase I?
Off the top of my head; Hermes and New Balance; there's more, but I don't remember the names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 08:37 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,774,364 times
New Balance? LOL!

Old 01-06-2011, 09:58 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Please don't make Atlantic Station sound better than it is in reality. The initial concept was very cool, but they dropped the ball on development there and most everyone in Atlanta complained about that and still continue to go to Buckhead for most things. It doesnt have anything beat in Texas. Dallas has an urban infill area called West Village which is much more impressive, on a trolley line, bus lines and includes a subway station. That is superior to what Atlantic Station is. With only the first two phases built at this point it is a very nice neighborhood right in the heart of Uptown. You dont have to walk across a huge yellow bridge spanning a massive river of cars, take a shuttle bus from a train station 3/4 of a mile away. You can just walk to it or hop right off transit. Dallas also has Victory Park, Mockingbird Station(I even like this one better than Atlantic Station) and Park Lane. All mixed use Transit Oriented Developments that are high quality.
when it comes to sheer size of the development and attracting people from all over the area, yes AS does have everything in Texas beat. there are more urban developments in the other cities, but as of yet, none with the same impact. mockingbird station? really? lol I know you're not too fond of Atlanta, but let's keep it 100. Atlantic Station along with MARTA is doing things that isn't being done here just yet (I'm going to get ambushed for saying that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
When I first found out about Regent Square, it immediately became my favorite project in Houston. West Ave was right behind it. But Regent Square is perfectly urban. Even Europeans love the project.
what sucks is that half of us will probably be too old to care about these developments. I'll be probably be a grandpa before all that stuff in Houston is done

Old 01-06-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Off the top of my head; Hermes and New Balance; there's more, but I don't remember the names.
where's Houston and Dallas' NIKEtown?

Old 01-06-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
when it comes to sheer size of the development and attracting people from all over the area, yes AS does have everything in Texas beat. there are more urban developments in the other cities, but as of yet, none with the same impact. mockingbird station? really? lol I know you're not too fond of Atlanta, but let's keep it 100. Atlantic Station along with MARTA is doing things that isn't being done here just yet (I'm going to get ambushed for saying that)

what sucks is that half of us will probably be too old to care about these developments. I'll be probably be a grandpa before all that stuff in Houston is done
West Ave is pretty much already done. Regent Square.....I lose faith sometimes.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
where's Houston and Dallas' NIKEtown?
Nowhere. Which makes no sense.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
West Ave is pretty much already done. Regent Square.....I lose faith sometimes.
I don't remember hearing about that Hardy Rail Project you were talking about, but I looked it up and looks like it would've been expensive

Quote:
Nowhere. Which makes no sense.
I'll be the first person in line if they ever decide to put one in Texas lol. I love Niketown

Old 01-06-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
I don't remember hearing about that Hardy Rail Project you were talking about, but I looked it up and looks like it would've been expensive

I'll be the first person in line if they ever decide to put one in Texas lol. I love Niketown
I just don't get how these popular retail stores skip over Texas. You got a big market here and demand for it. You got a Niketown Factory out in Conroe, but it's nothing like Niketown.

I did here that Niketown was suppose to be opening at Houston Pavilions though.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I just don't get how these popular retail stores skip over Texas. You got a big market here and demand for it.
well if it does get here, you know who'll probably get it first lol

Old 01-06-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
well if it does get here, you know who'll probably get it first lol
I doubt Texas gets one though. I don't think they're opening up anymore Niketowns to be honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City