Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most unique personalities, and overall character
NYers 50 27.17%
New English 8 4.35%
Phillies 11 5.98%
Washingtonians 23 12.50%
Atlantans 18 9.78%
SoFloridians 5 2.72%
NOLAns 3 1.63%
Texans(Houston and DFW) 21 11.41%
Angelinos 5 2.72%
Franciscans 8 4.35%
Clevelanders 4 2.17%
Chicagans 16 8.70%
Detroiters 8 4.35%
Cascadians 4 2.17%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 06:26 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Inc. View Post
Every NYC rapper coming out nowadays is wack.
I used to listen to NY sh&t heavy too.
I can even begin to name all that I mess with.
I ain't gonna fake Im listenin to Jr Writer right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_sXbxvJArU
YOUR HIGH. Thats why the truth is finally out about all these techno unreal hiphop yall find HOT.

SOULJA BOY SOLD 13,000 COPIES IN 1 WEEK. FINALLY PEOPLE KNOW WHERE THE REAL TRASHY MUSIC IS COMING FROM AND ITS NOT FROM NYC OR PHILLY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 07:10 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,393,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
you gotta be out your mind. fab one of the flyest and has some of the best music out here. I will take fab over soulja boy anyday of the week.
all of fab music either sounds the same or extra corny. When he first came out he was straight. but the only songs I've actually liked since then are the song with Ne-yo, through it in the bag and the newest song (can't think of the name) but NONE of them make me want to download let alone go cop his album. Comparing anybody to Soulja Boy, lyrically, is pointless because he has no lyrics. Not saying its you but I notice a lot of NYC people on here will point out the most garbage (lyrically) rappers when talking about southern rappers and I know majority of commercial rap is trash and is from the south but all artist from the south aren't trash. Now instead of comparing fab to Soulja Boy compare him to Bun-B........no where near close. Even though Bun-B hasn't been really big lately I'd rather listen to him than most artists out including Fab

Old 01-04-2011, 07:24 PM

383 posts, read 1,315,838 times
woah woah. Ok look. The only rappers i can say i feel from the south are Bun B, Curren$y, T.I., Outcast, (i would say Jay Electronica but he reps NY to hard and even sounds like hes from up here and has lived in Brooklyn for the past 6 or 7 years including he lived in philly for awhile also, and J cole but hes been in NY for sometime also). I'm not gunna say all southern rappers are trash. I respect any rapper whose true to the game. I mean even Lil Wayne, i've gotta give him my props on his new song Six Foot Seven Foot with The Bronx's very own Gunnz on the track. But You sir do not listen to Fabolous. Just Check this dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lFLOz52aV8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVSN8...eature=related

how are you gunna say this dude is trash. I mean really?

Old 01-04-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvillian718 View Post
woah woah. Ok look. The only rappers i can say i feel from the south are Bun B, Curren$y, T.I., Outcast, (i would say Jay Electronica but he reps NY to hard and even sounds like hes from up here and has lived in Brooklyn for the past 6 or 7 years including he lived in philly for awhile also, and J cole but hes been in NY for sometime also). I'm not gunna say all southern rappers are trash. I respect any rapper whose true to the game. I mean even Lil Wayne, i've gotta give him my props on his new song Six Foot Seven Foot with The Bronx's very own Gunnz on the track. But You sir do not listen to Fabolous. Just Check this dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lFLOz52aV8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVSN8...eature=related

how are you gunna say this dude is trash. I mean really?
first I am female, secondly its a matter of opinion and Fab is highly overrated IMO

Old 01-04-2011, 07:31 PM

Oh your a female. Now i understand. Not trying to be a MAN or anything but unless your a female whos really into hip hop, or your from the street you might not connect the same way most people do with Fab. He raps about real stuff. On the other hadn its nice to meet a female who knows a thing or two about the game.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Oh your a female. Now i understand. Not trying to be a MAN or anything but unless your a female whos really into hip hop, or your from the street you might not connect the same way most people do with Fab. He raps about real stuff. On the other hadn its nice to meet a female who knows a thing or two about the game.
Ha! yea let you not be a man. from the street? lol do you not see my name? j/k being a female has nothing to do with it. I was born and raised in Detroit, where the rappers actually do what they talk about instead of stealing some drug dealers identity. I can relate to anything "street" and regardless of what he talks about.....he's overrated IN MY OPINION (making sure you know what IMO means)

Old 01-04-2011, 07:53 PM

ok, ok cool down. hahaha, it's all good. This was just a little discussion. Same with myself as i am trying to become a rapper. It was never my dream, but it all started with freestyling with my ninjas then next you know i'm writing cold stupid amount of stuff. Also i've never been to detroit but i use to work with a dude who live over Washington Heights he was from Detroit. He was a spitta to. Me and him use to battle. Miss that dude i don't know what happen to him. hahaha

Old 01-04-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
ok, ok cool down. hahaha, it's all good. This was just a little discussion. Same with myself as i am trying to become a rapper. It was never my dream, but it all started with freestyling with my ninjas then next you know i'm writing cold stupid amount of stuff. Also i've never been to detroit but i use to work with a dude who live over Washington Heights he was from Detroit. He was a spitta to. Me and him use to battle. Miss that dude i don't know what happen to him. hahaha
I just don't like when guys downplay females credibility when it comes to rap. I honestly don't understand why when there is a dicussion about NY rap people treat Fab like he is the end all. Thats why I said he's overrated. I mean I know NY can do better than Fab. Commercial guys usually have nothing on underground rappers anyway. No matter where they are from

some of the NY dudes on Worldstar get me more into their songs than Fab

Old 01-04-2011, 08:48 PM

276 posts, read 432,431 times
Hmmmmmmm.
I mess with most of these.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:54 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,790 times
who got da flyezzt swaggAH son?

...I can hear my brain cells being destroyed. Stay in school, guys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City