U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these 'Mountain Paradise Cities' do you prefer?
ASHEVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA 21 37.50%
BOULDER, COLORADO 25 44.64%
FLAGSTAFF, ARIZONA 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 05:54 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,792,893 times

Advertisements

Here's an excellent matchup that is sure to be interesting ...

ASHEVILLE vs. BOULDER vs. FLAGSTAFF

Here are 3 mountain cities that are quite similar in many aspects, including their physical locations amid the beauty of surrounding mountains.
All 3 cities are quite popular with tourists, too ... feauturing many WORLD CLASS resorts, spas and signature hotels.

I'm presently seeking a location amid mountains where I can establish a secondary residence. I'm actually quite familar with all 3 of these very beautiful and similar cities ... I'm looking at a mid sized city that is located in a mountainous setting, and one that also offers a fair level of cultural amenities.

I'd like to hear the feedback from City Data Forum members regarding the 3 aforementioned cities ... what do you like or dislike about them? Of the 3, which do you feel offers the greatest beauty and environment? Please be descriptive and include photo's ... Thanks!

Asheville, North Carolina

Explore Asheville, NC | Asheville, NC's Official Tourism Web Site

http://www.city-data.com/city/Asheville-North-Carolina.html

Boulder, Colorado

Boulder Colorado CVB: Hotels, Attractions and Travel Information

http://www.city-data.com/city/Boulder-Colorado.html

Flagstaff, Arizona

Flagstaff, Arizona CVB - Hotel, dining, nightlife and travel information for Flagstaff and Grand Canyon

http://www.city-data.com/city/Flagstaff-Arizona.html

Last edited by JohnDBaumgardner; 01-09-2011 at 06:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 06:15 PM

2,786 posts, read 5,675,454 times
Hey John, how's it going?

My vote goes towards Asheville. This city is awesome, vibrant, and home to some great people.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
Hey John, how's it going?

My vote goes towards Asheville. This city is awesome, vibrant, and home to some great people.

Hey Beaver!

I'm doing extremely well, thanks for asking ... I'm actually leaning strongly towards Asheville.
I have an extended family throughout North Carolina, plus I'm always in complete awe of the majesty of the Great Smoky Mtns in NC.

I think that Flagstaff would be my next choice

Old 01-09-2011, 06:27 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,020,155 times
Boulder without hesitation.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:33 PM

2,786 posts, read 5,675,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDBaumgardner View Post
Hey Beaver!

I'm doing extremely well, thanks for asking ... I'm actually leaning strongly towards Asheville.
I have an extended family throughout North Carolina, plus I'm always in complete awe of the majesty of the Great Smoky Mtns in NC.

I think that Flagstaff would be my next choice
You enjoying Stonebridge? Lots of new construction down by you, lol sorry off topic. Asheville is a great town.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
You enjoying Stonebridge? Lots of new construction down by you, lol sorry off topic. Asheville is a great town.
Beaver, yes, I am thoroughly enjoying my new home in Cleveland ... it's going to be a great experience watching all of the new construction
in the flats ... 'Flats East Project' and the new
Aquarium @ the Powerhouse Complex.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:38 PM

A beautiful time lapse video of ASHEVILLE ... it's an extraordinary place!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBlE_qJjQUc

Old 01-09-2011, 07:48 PM

964 posts, read 2,046,048 times
My vote was for Asheville, but if ever three cities were siblings these three would be it. Maybe toss Santa Fe into the mix...

Old 01-09-2011, 07:57 PM

726 posts, read 1,869,563 times
I voted for Boulder. I am biased (live 20 min from Boulder) but I have spent time in all 3. I don't think I would be miserable in any of these cities. For me it would be Boulder, Flagstaff, then Asheville. I just visited Flagstaff last year and love it. Boulder is a mountain lover's paradise with the price tag to match. Judging by your criteria though I would say Boulder, Asheville then Flagstaff.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:06 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,020,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choosing78 View Post
I voted for Boulder. I am biased (live 20 min from Boulder) but I have spent time in all 3. I don't think I would be miserable in any of these cities. For me it would be Boulder, Flagstaff, then Asheville. I just visited Flagstaff last year and love it. Boulder is a mountain lover's paradise with the price tag to match. Judging by your criteria though I would say Boulder, Asheville then Flagstaff.
Must clarify that I am biased as well as a native of Boulder.. my next pick would be Asheville than Flagstaff..all three very cool places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City