Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which area overall offers more?
Bay Area 80 28.07%
NYC 184 64.56%
Tie 21 7.37%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 11:49 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
Lol and after all of that - - - It's still not as important as the Brooklyn Bridge. Get over it. When I look at the Golden Gate I think Verrazano. So what. It's a nice bridge for SF - Point for San Francisco. Happy?

I prefer the Brooklyn Bridge over the GG and I'm sure you feel the same about your bridge.

I've been to ATL, Virginia, Los Angeles, Colorado (Denver - for Baseball camp!), Connecticut, DC, and Jersey - with London and Paris adding this summer.
The Brooklyn Bridge is probably more historically important (and certainly has better looking pictures thanks to one guy in particular), but I wouldn't put it on a separate tier from the Golden Gate Bridge. Definitely no one cares about the Verrazano.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 11:50 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,449,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
aww look, a certain someone made an account to reply to me to act like they didn't just get their *** handed right back to them. That "POS" is by far the most well known bridge in America. Deal with it.
Oh and please don't think for one second I'd take the time out out my life to create a whole new account just to reply to you my friend.

This is a forum buddy - I can just quote you when I'm talking to you. =)

You could hate NYC all you want but THIS NYC POSTER will never create a new account, just for fun.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:51 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,747,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Oh, looks like I've got you way beat on states then. Also, probably countries. Do I win a prize? Yea?

You are seriously myopic. You really think more people know about the Golden Gate Bridge on some tier greater than Central Park? That's pretty silly.

Are you trying to argue that more people know about Central Park than the Golden Gate Bridge?

Old 01-27-2011, 11:53 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,747,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
Lol and after all of that - - - It's still not as important as the Brooklyn Bridge. Get over it. When I look at the Golden Gate I think Verrazano. So what. It's a nice bridge for SF - Point for San Francisco. Happy?

I prefer the Brooklyn Bridge over the GG and I'm sure you feel the same about your bridge.

I've been to ATL, Virginia, Los Angeles, Colorado (Denver - for Baseball camp!), Connecticut, DC, and Jersey - with London and Paris adding this summer.

And what do you think the Verrazano was based off of? rofl.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
The Brooklyn Bridge is probably more historically important (and certainly has better looking pictures thanks to one guy in particular), but I wouldn't put it on a separate tier from the Golden Gate Bridge. Definitely no one cares about the Verrazano.
In all honestly I'd agree with you and that guy from The Bay (About it being just as important, I mean it's just a bridge Lol). But I think he'd miss my compliment and go straight for my opinions/facts.

Fact is, Brooklyn Bridge is a National Landmark. GoldenGate is very well known and adds to their skyline, I guess. It's a nice bridge! Seen it all the time on Full House reruns (that's how I know about it, so young!).

It's a cool bridge, but to say the Brooklyn Bridge isn't iconic or The Statue Of Liberty is the only famous monument - Is beyond comical! Lol

Old 01-27-2011, 11:59 PM

205 posts, read 298,432 times
Quote:
aww look, a certain someone made an account to reply to me to act like they didn't just get their *** handed right back to them. That "POS" is by far the most well known bridge in America. Deal with it.
No it's not.

"Golden Gate Bridge" : 2,240,000 hits on google

"Brooklyn Bridge": 2,820,000 hits on google

Brooklyn Bridge seems to be the more popular bridge!

Old 01-28-2011, 12:02 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
I'd put the GG over the Verazano and put it on the same tier as the BG. It's the 7th modern wonder of the world. It's more than just some bridge from Fullhouse re-runs.lol

Old 01-28-2011, 12:02 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,954,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnikkk View Post
No it's not.

"Golden Gate Bridge" : 2,240,000 hits on google

"Brooklyn Bridge": 2,820,000 hits on google

Brooklyn Bridge seems to be the more popular bridge!
i just googled "worlds most famous bridge", and the Golden Gate bridge popped up 1st, 2nd was big ben.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:03 AM

Quote:
And what do you think the Verrazano was based off of? rofl.
Seriously? Lol

It's a suspension bridge! I could've said "Brooklyn Bridge was built first - The Golden Gate was based off the Brooklyn Bridge."

That's a stupid example. Fail.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:05 AM

205 posts, read 298,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
i just googled "worlds most famous bridge", and the Golden Gate bridge popped up 1st, 2nd was big ben.
And what you're reading is an OPINION PIECE written by ONE person who has his opinion. None of that is fact, but this is:

"Brooklyn Bridge" : 2,820,000 hits
"Golden Gate Bridge": 2,240,000 hits

You see, according to millions of others, the Brooklyn Bridge is more disussed.

Sorry dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City