Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 11:02 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,853,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
all states currently enforce to .08 BAC (21 and over), I believe some states enforce to an even lower standard for drivers <21, Michigan's .08 statute will expire in October 2013.
In CA it is zero tolerance for minors. .01 will get you a DUI if you have a strict cop.

But yeah, good call, I was wrong about the limits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 11:55 PM

65 posts, read 90,181 times
Yea Cali can be strict sometimes. Oh well though. Its all worth livng in the best state

Old 10-22-2014, 07:03 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,103 times
It makes sense that Vegas and NYC isn't on the list... True, many people get drunk often in both cities, but they are two huge markets for cabs.
Given the amount of drinking that goes on in those cities, people are generally pretty responsible about it.

I'm shocked Milwaukee isn't on the list.

To give you an idea of just how insane drinking is in Wisconsin, here is a comparison of the amount of bars in California, New York and Wisconsin:

California Population: 37 million
Number of Bars: 3100

New York Population: 20 million
Number of Bars: 3458

Wisconsin Population: 5.6 million
Number of Bars: 3043

Wisconsin doesn't have much of a cab system and there is no rail system in the cities... I know a lot of people will walk since the taverns are just plopped on the corner of residential blocks, but still..

Old 10-22-2014, 07:33 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
It makes sense that Vegas and NYC isn't on the list... True, many people get drunk often in both cities, but they are two huge markets for cabs.
Given the amount of drinking that goes on in those cities, people are generally pretty responsible about it.

To give you an idea of just how insane drinking is in Wisconsin, here is a comparison of the amount of bars in California, New York and Wisconsin:

California Population: 37 million
Number of Bars: 3100

New York Population: 20 million
Number of Bars: 3458

Wisconsin Population: 5.6 million
Number of Bars: 3043

Wisconsin doesn't have much of a cab system and there is no rail system in the cities... I know a lot of people will walk since the taverns are just plopped on the corner of residential blocks, but still..
in fairness, Wisconsin counts any place that serves alcohol, as a bar so they lump their pre-schools, fire stations and city halls in with this number

Old 10-22-2014, 09:20 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,187,810 times
Why do these lists always spit out different results? For example, one list has Chicago as #7 or #8, and on this one it's #1.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:21 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,187,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
in fairness, Wisconsin counts any place that serves alcohol, as a bar so they lump their pre-schools, fire stations and city halls in with this number
Hahahaha! Oh Wisconsin -- it's funny because it's true!

Old 10-22-2014, 12:14 PM

3,453 posts, read 4,528,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
You're telling me! It makes me instantly skeptical of this entire study. Drunk driving is a way of life here. And people don't just sit home and drink (like in other soused states such as AK and NH), as listed above, they go out and drink at bars and clubs, which are everywhere. In fact, the only counterargument that makes any sense is the one about a bar on every corner. But still....no. Wisconsin drinking is next level. I say this without pride or embarassment, it's just the way it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City