U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 03:02 PM

29 posts, read 37,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
i heard that was a fabricated beef.
i saw a police show where they were arresting people in houston who were from NO but left after katrina and were fighting with Houston drug dealers
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 03:08 PM

6,836 posts, read 13,535,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFThomas301 View Post
i saw a police show where they were arresting people in houston who were from NO but left after katrina and were fighting with Houston drug dealers
yea i heard the same but theirs a lot of people who claim that NO gangsters who were in houston were fighting other NO gangsters, and i also heard a few stories of Houston gangsters giving it to the No gangsters who came and thought they could run the city like they did to Atlanta.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
yea i heard the same but theirs a lot of people who claim that NO gangsters who were in houston were fighting other NO gangsters, and i also heard a few stories of Houston gangsters giving it to the No gangsters who came and thought they could run the city like they did to Atlanta.
lol i really dont know anything i just saw something on TV

Old 02-01-2011, 03:16 PM

3,012 posts, read 5,514,557 times
Quote:
yea i know talking tuff online and living the lifestlye of "my city is harder then you" is pretty fun to young boys like you.

but i will bet you 1 stack that i can go to jersey city right now with my ny plates covered in a NY outfit and nothing will happen to me.

Also speaking of loud mouth. Your jersey people have bigger mouths when their caught in the city then actual new yorkers.

I hope you didnt think loud mouth wasn't a thing for jersey city because it really is.

As for all of new jeru? please been their done that and im not even the hardest new yorker out their.

you jersey folks live in a fairytale online but in reality the nyc plates pass through your hoods with all you looking quite.

Lets not forget how many gangs nyc has doing their nasty work in jersey.

Shall i begin with names?
Na chill. Hes had enough. He know whats the deal. Nyc runs jersey in the streets,politics,sports(jets/giants)media etc wherever you want to go with it really

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Jordan,

You are right. I left out the fact that NY dudes were also killing a lot of DC cats too. It was back and forth. I know a few DC dudes that were murdered in Fort Greene, BK. Like you said, this was probably the only real city beef. One thing that I noticed is that NYC and DC dudes have mutual respect for each other regardless of their differences. I went to an HBCU with a lot of NYC cats. Once you get pass their bravado and arrogance, most of them are cool.
I also went to an hbcu. And for the most part Dc and ny dudes chill with each other hard. I guess it comes from being from two northeast cities that have world reknown recognition and a distinct swagger

In the real world, the biggest dispute ive seen the two cities have, was who made nike boots hot

Old 02-01-2011, 03:26 PM

dc owns nike boots by far

Old 02-01-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFThomas301 View Post
dc owns nike boots by far

ehhhh nike boots are basically played out now. if you see them most of the time the person is wearing them for work like i do since their all black.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:56 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,951,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLake View Post
I cannot think of one area where Chicago thinks Detroit is a rival. Sports maybe and even then, not much.
maybe because the stuff I named are mainly among the blacks. there is beef over everything I named

Old 02-01-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
maybe because the stuff I named are mainly among the blacks. there is beef over everything I named
i think what he means is that he has never heard of Chicago and the motor city ever going at it(including blacks) unless it was with sports.

to be honest i thought with midwest was the only section of america where it was all united with no beef. The only time i seen yall beef on the hood tip was when url made the chicago vs detroit rap battle.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:00 PM

320 posts, read 644,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
Hands down Detroit vs. Chicago

Our cities beef over everything: Which is better techno or house? Juke or Hip Rolling? Motown or Chess? Hood vs Hood? Detroit disrespecting Young Berg (I know lol) Footwork or Jittin? Detroit ballroom vs Chi steppin?.....it never ends.....
That's is sooooo true, Chicago and Detroit Blacks are very similar, but slightly different.

Detroit blacks do everything we do here in the Chi, but faster. I remember when I went to Detroit and was at a party. It was a lot of Chi Town folks there so they played a little jukin music and the music got faster and faster and faster and faster. From then on I realized what jittin was. I know my parents say that Detroit steppin is slightly faster than Chi-town's.

I remember when I was talkin to some cats from the D. We didn't know jack about each other's city. But after talkin for a few minutes, we realized that we aren't that much different from each. Here you have too cities, large black populations, 4 hours apart, one don't know jack about the other and yet we are more identical than we think.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:00 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,951,880 times
Quote:
i think what he means is that he has never heard of Chicago and the motor city ever going at it(including blacks) unless it was with sports.

to be honest i thought with midwest was the only section of america where it was all united with no beef. The only time i seen yall beef on the hood tip was when url made the chicago vs detroit rap battle.
there is definitely a rivalry between blacks in Chicago and Detroit, dating back to Motown all the way to Jittin/Footworkin to House/Techno to Chi Steppin/Detroit Ballrooming (boppin) etc. Maybe no hate per se but definitely a rivalry

you can type in Chicag vs Detroit on youtube and a bunch of **** will pop up lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or